Sign in to follow this  
piterx

Preview of my incoming most challenging MOC

Nice progress and scale work so far. I think the newer hubs from 42000 would be better suited to an RC car because they have less friction, meaning it shuld go faster with less wasted energy.

yeah guys im building it :P but im going really slow because im doing lot of different things all togheter, so i can only dedicate few hours per week to this project

but anyway at the moment im a bit stuck on finding a new way to make a brand new gearbox....if i cant find it in the next week im gonna use the old one i've built some months ago....it's going to be less elegant but it will work...

the problem is that i need something REALLY small because id like to have the cockpit free from motors and gears :P...maybe a linear gearbox would work better...i have to make a few tests :)

by the way one day or another you'll see this car complete 100% sure :)

and in the spare time im also working at this....obviusly made out of lego pieces :D

cagiva_mito_125_2003_7_lgw.jpg

Edited by piterx

My question is why you need a reverse gear. It's a car powered by an electric motor that can be easily reversed. Also, I'd recommend moving the drive motors from under the hood, to the trunk. Sheepo did a similar thing with his MINI model. You could also use his mini gearbox. Also, while I have found a linear gearbox with four speed on Brickshelf, they tend to be huge, and from my expierence, long linear gearboxes have problems with skipping gears.

I need a reverse because of the one way clutch :p

Im testint different ways to find the best one hopefully :D btw id like to have things in the most realistic place possible

Yeah id like to make an handbrake for rear wheels :-)

ps:

UFFFFF.... far from my legos for another week :(

Edited by piterx

finally i got time to start building :P

i spent some time to place everything in a tidy way, so every part can be dismounted removing only 4 axles...it's perfect for finetuning everything at the end :P

now i just need to add the sequential control for the gearbox and 1/3 of the model will be done :P

10h697d.jpg

Looking tasty:)

Your gearbox is tiny... Can I have some help with one? The whole thing looks great, and I think you should be very pleased.

the gearbox is not complete yet :P it's gonna grow its size lol

btw if the final result will be nice im gonna make some instructions :)

For the gearbox on it's own? It may grow, but I think it'll be smaller than my best attempt at a ratchet style gearbox. Is there a possible way, that it could be modified to be a 5+R? Width isn't my problem, so I'm sure I'd be able to if it's possible.

I you are more concerned with length than width of a gearbox, you could build the gear casing out of thin liftarms. This will shave a stud or two off of the length.

v/r

Andy

yeah, im building a new version of my 3+r based on the sheepo's concept

have a look on my blog

Thanks. I shall look right away. 1/2 - 1 stud isn't a problem, it's just the huge designs that are too big.

Where is your blog?

Edited by cgg199

HHHMMMM!!! Very hard to see LOL. I feel a bit stupid now, and quite deservadly