Sebeus I

Pirate Sloop

[pid][/pid] 146B

My smallest prefab hull based ship, a square rigged sloop.

dsc08922.jpg

It's a bit minimalistic I admit. The technique I used for my polacca didn't work out on a ship this small so I build it the old way.

I used all of my red cannon hatches, 6 of them but there's only room for (small) cannons at 4 of them, the two in the back are "fakes".

dsc08913.jpg

The way I attached the rigging, sails and masts is... sloppy to say the least, yep definitely not my best point on ship-building :grin: .

dsc08932.jpg

dsc08933.jpg

dsc08910.jpg

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

More pictures in my Brickshelf folder (once public).

I was thinking of entering this ship in the Mocathalon (at mocpages) in the category 'Does it float ?', thing is, does it float ? :laugh:

Anyway, there are some other mocs on the way as well.

dsc08716.jpg

:excited:

Coming up in a few days.

Edited by Darkdragon
Blogged

Nice little sloop! I agree, the masts are a tad, "sloppy", but nonetheless, the ship, overall, looks great. I also like your rigging technique. :pir-classic:

I've always like your rigging style, actually--it's very classic, which fits your ships' designs. Anyway, nice little sloop (though a tad chubby), and I'm looking forward to the upcoming bigger ship. :classic:

Nice :wink: !But ship bottom wasn't pleasant to me :sceptic: .The mast looks shaky :jollyroger: .

Thanks.

You mean the printed flag on the stern?

A nice simplistic ship! The sails match quite well. Still I believe it is rather outdated concerning the building techniques used. :blush: