oDDerFisken

Small Outpost for Rum Commerce

I shall take a look at this forum right away!

As a matter of fact I'm curious to know more about the role the Portuguese played in colonisation of the New World and have been wondering where I could find more information on the subject.

So there you can hear both sides. We have some brazilian members :)

East Timor is always in the news in Australia because troops are always being send there to restore order, but never once does the news once mention the East Timorees speak Portuguese. Useless news reports.

Anyway... Back to the MOCing...

Have you ever considered building a Portuguese fort?

East Timor is always in the news in Australia because troops are always being send there to restore order, but never once does the news once mention the East Timorees speak Portuguese. Useless news reports.

The torre Belem is a Portugese fort isn't it?

Mr LBaixinho made a white version of this fort...

The torre Belem is a Portugese fort isn't it?

Yes! :)

Mr LBaixinho made a white version of this fort...

Yes, i make it whiteand bob in grey. I think white is more close to the reality... :)

LBaixinho

And what I've been meaning to ask is:

Thanks for all... with this comments maybe i'll make something new... the worst part is my free time :(

Do you have any ideas for your next Pirate themed MOC?

I like this MOC, it is nice. I noticed the title of the topic has changed, from small rum post to Small Outpost for Rum Commerce... is that a more literal translation of what you had called it in Portuguese?

It sounds a little awkward in English, and something like "Rum Outpost" just has a better sound to it!

Anyhow, I like the design, I think maybe I will start taking longer looks when I see Playmobil in stores!

LOL

I think that portuguese and australian are the only forces there!

Yeps. I lived on a smalltown that have two small coast forts ("Forte do C

I think that portuguese and australian are the only forces there!

The news don't say nothing about no Portuguese forces being there either - I really gotta get better news coverage!

Yeps. I lived on a smalltown that have two small coast forts ("Forte do C

I have started collecting pirates few weeks ago, I want to prepare some MOC for the Coimbra event (in portugal) next month, just a few ships, one harbour.......

I have started with 3 ships and the 6277 Imperial Trading Post

If you like create a "Work In Progress" thread for this project. You could start by taking some pictures of what you've got so far, then keep adding more pictures as you gradually expand your harbour.

Yes, i make it whiteand bob in grey. I think white is more close to the reality... :)

LBaixinho

Hmmm. Here's a picture of the real fort:

aerial.jpg

Okay, that's quite bright, but not as bright as LEGO white is it?

It was a nice idea to make the ladder built right into the side of the fort! I should have thought of that! :-D Do you have anymore pictures of this moc?

It was a nice idea to make the ladder built right into the side of the fort! I should have thought of that! :-D Do you have anymore pictures of this moc?

Capn Kirk ya be back! Welcome back... Have you ever made buildings yourself? Otherwise you don't need to think about ladders...

I forgot to welcome you! Well... Welcome Mr Jmacias!

Hi!!! 6286 is coming to home too!!!!

What do you exactly mean with that? You've ordered a Skull's eye Schooner? Or is it returnig from a trip from Germany full of pillaging and plundering? :-P

I forgot to welcome you! Well... Welcome Mr Jmacias!

What do you exactly mean with that? You've ordered a Skull's eye Schooner? Or is it returnig from a trip from Germany full of pillaging and plundering? :-P

I'm lucky with ebay this week!!!!!! but I hope it will come with many treasures, the trip over the Mediterranean always is interesting for intercepting ships from Las Indias!!!!

I forgot to update my Avatar!!!

The news don't say nothing about no Portuguese forces being there either - I really gotta get better news coverage!

Last year one of the points is a dispute between both forces... :)

Yes, I'm quite partial to the white and yellow colour scheme myself, shall your next fort be using this colour scheme?

Yes, i'm thinking in use yellow. I think is more beautiful and i more easy to play with sets and other pirates creations!

(...)

Okay, that's quite bright, but not as bright as LEGO white is it?

In a really sunny day:

torre%20de%20belem.jpg

White isn't the right color. Maybe tan. I don't know. But almost every people that see the Tower would said that it is white :). Like me :)

You should let out the fort in the sun, just like the real one, to be sun "bathed" :-D . Of course this would mean the yellowing of white bricks, but it'd be better than tan, IMO :capn: .

Capn Kirk ya be back! Welcome back... Have you ever made buildings yourself? Otherwise you don't need to think about ladders...

Thank-you Mr Tiber, I have made plenty of mocs before, but since my brother being as smart as he is, he used up all the computer space for his iPOD! :'-( so I can't transfer the picture's from my Dad's camera to the computer, because there is not enough space! So in a couple of months I am going to get a new computer and I'll show you what a land moc really is :-D !

You should let out the fort in the sun, just like the real one, to be sun "bathed" :-D . Of course this would mean the yellowing of white bricks, but it'd be better than tan, IMO :capn: .

That sounds vary intresting ImperialScouts do you have any pictures of the color difference! I would be very intrested in the color difference! |-/