ER0L

MOC: Shell Art Deco Gas Station (Servo Showdown Entry)

8582830438_3b0a1e64c1_c.jpg

Hi all,

this is my Servo Showdown entry, a Shell Art Deco Gas Station. It's part of the Garage Project, too, but since there will probably be some additions there's no "2.0 status" yet. :wink: Main thing here is the snotted roof, but since the main problems were solved more or less at the beginning, this was quite a fun build.

Interior:

8581897923_a6aa6f37ae_c.jpg

Of course there could be some more details, probably there'll be some more wall decoration ...

Details:

8581425141_cbf5d1fcfc_c.jpg

Counter, radiator (probably already existing, but no direct reference), gas pump (already known), tire holder, register, telephone (same as radiator), shelf with oil cans and stuff, gas cans, illuminated fridge.

There'll hopefully be some more pics, but for some reason my photoshop does strange things today ...

Hope you like it, C&C welcome as usual!

Ah, nice shot 'ER0L' in this servo war.....I say it's between yourself, myself, 'SalvoBrick' and 'Aussie BJ'.......also it's going to be a tight battle to the end.....Brick On Battle On 'ER0L' ! :grin:

It is gorgeous - not much more to say about that. The architecture, the colours, the details - it's perfect. I know which one is my favourite thus far...!

Nice entry! The bold colours work really well here and the interior fittings so far are perfect. I do think it could use a little more on the inside, though. The area behind the counter stands out for being so bare compared to the excellent details everywhere else.

Beautiful station ER0L! The colors are very striking and the classically styled accessories are very detailed. Excellent entry, good luck :classic:

This is a sweet looking gas station !! :thumbup:

Thank you!

Ah, nice shot 'ER0L' in this servo war.....I say it's between yourself, myself, 'SalvoBrick' and 'Aussie BJ'.......also it's going to be a tight battle to the end.....Brick On Battle On 'ER0L' ! :grin:

Thanks LT. Wouldn't be too sure about that. Probably there will be some more great entries - not everybody is actually posting a WIP before. :wink:

It is gorgeous - not much more to say about that. The architecture, the colours, the details - it's perfect. I know which one is my favourite thus far...!

Thanks a lot for your kind words L@go! I'm sure there will be some more entries, though ... :wink:

Nice entry! The bold colours work really well here and the interior fittings so far are perfect. I do think it could use a little more on the inside, though. The area behind the counter stands out for being so bare compared to the excellent details everywhere else.

Thanks Kristel. Colour is an aspect, but probably the construction is even more important here. You're right concerning the counter area, that's what I wrote above. This will be changed for sure.

Beautiful station ER0L! The colors are very striking and the classically styled accessories are very detailed. Excellent entry, good luck :classic:

Thanks a lot LGB, glad you like it!

This is a great servo. I was impressed by the tire holder. So simple and yet so effective. Good luck on the competition.

Many thanks Brick Pirate, glad you like the tire holder, too.

Amazing gas station... I like your SNOT technique! :thumbup:

The uneven floor surface, the pillars and the glazed roof are great! :wub:

This style takes me back to fifties ... superb work! :blush:

Thanks a lot LT12V! Glad you like the SNOT work, it's my idea to get rid of plates wherever possible. Pillars were the first idea here.

Very nicely done ER0L. Excellent details and colors. Suits your vehicle perfectly.Well done :thumbup:

Thank you very much Aussie BJ! Will be a tough contest for sure ...

That's really, really cool.:)

More pictures would really be nice, especially some more exterior shots.

Thanks a lot Roger, well, there is one more pic after all:

8583388968_355b02593a_c.jpg

When I saw your name I knew there was going to be an impressive vehicle (and you didn't disappoint), but the Shell Station is also really well done. As others have mentioned the SNOT work is good - I particularly like the island area.

Maybe if I was to have one suggestion it would be try curved pieces for the top of the frontage rather than the small cheese wedges. That might be more in keeping with an Art Deco themed Station, but excellant MOC.

Good luck in the competition and thanks for sharing it with us.

Really nice Station :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Wedge09!

When I saw your name I knew there was going to be an impressive vehicle (and you didn't disappoint), but the Shell Station is also really well done. As others have mentioned the SNOT work is good - I particularly like the island area.

Many thanks eurotrash. Glad you like the vehicle, too, but, to be honest, it's not a new one, see http://www.eurobrick...4 The island area is taken from the small station that went with the diner and which is unnecessary now. Kind of MOC recycling, but I'm glad I don't have to build everything from scratch ... :wink:

Maybe if I was to have one suggestion it would be try curved pieces for the top of the frontage rather than the small cheese wedges. That might be more in keeping with an Art Deco themed Station, but excellant MOC.

I was thinking about that, but my idea was to have those rather narrow red lines throughout the MOC which wouldn't be possible then. If there was only one colour I'd probably prefer your suggestion.

Good luck in the competition and thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks again!

Nice entry Erol!!! You'll be a real contestant for the servo shodown!!!

Like your snot pacements and your nice looking interior well detailed!

This looks great! I really like the colour combination. Best of luck!

Many thanks snaillad!

Nice entry Erol!!! You'll be a real contestant for the servo shodown!!!

Like your snot pacements and your nice looking interior well detailed!

Thanks a lot Zed_43, looking forward to your entry! :thumbup:

[Edit, 26 March 2013]

Here are some more detail pics. Outside detail with down-pipe:

8593460988_d6802d572d_z.jpg

And the illuminated fridge:

8592363345_21f7cdf2bf_z.jpg

Here you see a combination between Diner and Gas Station with some vehicles. Although stylistically different, they go quite well together, I guess.

8591477405_2a68d0558c_c.jpg

Thanks for looking! [/Edit]

Edited by ER0L

I think I commented on your gas-station on Flickr, but I´ll be happy to leave a comment here too, after seeing the detail-photos. It´s really stunning stuff, and the overall design of the gas-station is extremely good. The diner goes perfectly with it.

Edited by Hoexbroe

I think I commented on your gas-station on Flickr, but I´ll be happy to leave a comment here too, after seeing the detail-photos. It´s really stunning stuff, and the overall design of the gas-station is extremely good. The diner goes perfectly with it.

Thanks a lot Henrik, glad to hear this from you!

Btw. I have invited both of your amazing gas stations to the new Flickr group, see http://www.flickr.co...egogasstations/ Would be very glad if you added them there ...

Beautiful looking building!! Really fits the period both inside and out.... Excellent work and good luck in the comp.