Outworlder

(MOC) Eclipse SSD

Looks even better in the natural light! Are you planning on adding stands made out of lego?

yup... I am gonna use classic grey pieces for the stands and have the UCS decal plate attached to the front stand. Thanks for the good words everyone!

As Wedge Antilles would say: "Look at the size of that thing!" :oh:

This is a very impressive way to introduce yourself to this site, Outworlder, most impressive! Aside from the sheer size of this MOC and the fact that it is built entirely out of Lego pieces, I really like your use of studded and studless plates which gives it a nice texture. Very nice greeble too. I was unfamiliar with this EU ship before I saw your recreation, but now I don't think I will forget it any time soon. Great work, and I hope to see more creations from you!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Really great! How many days have built it?!

about 9 months & $1500 dollars worth of bricklink orders... i actually just started working on this again making some more adjustments and touch-ups,

Edited by Outworlder

Sorry but I just discover this awesome ship :blush: , what a monster congrats for your great job

This is incredible :) I was wondering, do you gave any pictures if the internals? Im very curious as to how you have laid out the skeleton for this beast - it is a feat of engineering :)

This is incredible :) I was wondering, do you gave any pictures if the internals? Im very curious as to how you have laid out the skeleton for this beast - it is a feat of engineering :)

thanks for your kind words... the entire hull of the ship consists of of 2x8, 2x6, 2x4, 2x2 black bricks and 2x3 inverted slopes, there close to 700 inverted slope bricks on the hull alone, its very sturdy but also extremely heavy, i cannot move the ship by myself, the upper decks simply rest on the ship itself, these are some early photos, the ship has been heavily modified since then and im still working on making it look more accurate to the design from the comics

1366600305m_DISPLAY.jpg

1366600735m_DISPLAY.jpg

Incredible, that ship is a beast for sure. Would love to see it in person one day.

Thanks, very infomative! This is indeed a very unique build :) It is also very inspirering to see what can be made from the Expanded Universe - two big thumbs up!