Sign in to follow this  
ghostever

Mini Crawler with 2-speed Transmission

hi all, here is my new "Super mini crawler turbo", let's checkout the features:

-with 2-speed linear transmission,all remote control. The high gear makes it fast and nimble as sports car, while the low gear makes its crawling performance and obstacle clearing capability shining, you can switch the speed transmission whenever you needed

-4wd & pendular suspension

-most of important: only 11 studs(between wheels)x23 studs(between axles) mini size with all these feature.

for more, checkout the LDD http://www.brickshel...stever_v0_8.lxf

3.jpg4.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg

here is the video:

http://www.youtube.c...bed/olQda5EQ_FY

:wub::tongue: :tongue:

Edited by ghostever

Welcome and thanks for sharing..

It seems to work quite well :thumbup: Do you have any plans to make a body to suit your crawler?

Welcome and thanks for sharing..

It seems to work quite well :thumbup: Do you have any plans to make a body to suit your crawler?

yep! but later. check my avatar, it's my previous version of this type crawler :)

5.jpg

Edited by ghostever

You weren't kidding when you said mini. Nice job, looks like it drives pretty well too. I think it needs slower steering though.

tim

Your creation is very cool! Perfect!

This tiny (51 mm) tires will be good addition to yor crawler.

https://store.rc4wd.com/mobile/home.asp#homeSubCat_88_1

DSC_0549.JPG

P.s. theme of small crawlers is actual:) New 42005 monster truck is the same scale. Hope someone motorize it.

Just yesterday watch Zblj's awesome mini 9398 and ordered small tires at rc4wd

Edited by rm8

really cool!

i usually dont like crawlers because they're huge and heavy and slow....but this one is amazing :)

Hope it is ok to review this old thread. Have build this MOC a while ago and found it fun but very difficult to steer. When the servo motor became available, I have replaced the M motor with the servo motor. This has been a bit of a challenge because the car is very compact because there was not much space for the larger servo motor and because I did not want to significantly change the way the mini crawler looks. With this modification, it is amazing - 4WD, two gears, RTC steering, all in a tiny nice looking package. Thanks for sharing this, ghostever!