timmyc1983

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 10184

Hello, this is my first new topic post here, altho you may have seen me commenting :D

Anyway, the reason for the post is my MOD of the Town Plan Cinema. I am quite a traditionalist and therefore have not made any drastic changes, i have just made it standard modular size so it fits in with the others, and added more of a back including a second screen. I have seen much better versions out there but i like mine :) Anyway, enough talk...

8573238099_aa7ccd7ae1_z.jpg

The overall building

8574310336_e3d9516800_z.jpg

The twin cinemas featuring the '50 Year Brick' and James Bond.

8574310504_a8712f5850_z.jpg

And upgraded snack bar with Pick-n-mix and a fridge...

MOre deatiled pics on my flickr stream here:

Comments and feedback more than welcome :) Tim.

Thanks for all the positive comments :) much appreciated. Tomorrow i shall figure out how to add it to my town and put some pics up of that (if it looks good :laugh: )

That's an effective looking upgrade you've given the Cinema! I like the fact you've managed io get two screens into such a restricted space.

Good job and thanks for sharing it with us!

Nice MOD. I've always liked the looks of he Art Decco Cinema, and I also prefer the modular, enclosed back on buildings. Your MOD looks like it could be a "factory" version of the Cinema, very nice.

Could you post h link to your Flickr as well, the Flickr stream doesn't work on iPads.

Thanks for sharing,

Andy D

Could you post h link to your Flickr as well, the Flickr stream doesn't work on iPads.

The pics are links.

Looks good with your town, though I suspect it would look more integrated as a 2 story building. I forgot to mention in my first post that I really like your new movie posters a well.

I think you may have strted something, now I am considering modulariing my Town Plan Cinema.

Andy D

Yes i did originally think about a second story, the cost was the major factor that made me decide against, esp as the medium blue bricks are expensive and don't come any larger than 1 x 4s... I think i will keep a second story in mind for down the track when i have a bit more $$ (if that ever happens :grin: ) but the way i have added the roof on it will easily turn into a second story, i just have to fit stairs in somehow....

Thanks for the feedback all :sweet:

Hello all, sorry to bump the topic but I have now added a second story on!! I was a bit disappointed with how the lower roof fitted in with the other modulars, so a second story has been added and it features a large IMAX style screen along with seating for 20 minifigs and a bar and refreshments counter! I've yet to put it into my layout but here are some shots: (more shots on my flickr stream)

9159386514_d1d55dc3c2.jpg

Here is an overview of the building

9157165765_042d2fbc5d.jpg

And an overview of the interior, more interior and exterior shots on my flickr stream (link is in my sig)

I hope you all like it and comment are always welcome :laugh:

Wow! Excellent enhancement to an already good-looking MOD. That additional height is definitely helping, but it's the expanded interior that I really like.

It a nice addition to your model.... good upgrade

It looks amazing 'timmyc1983'! :wub: . I like the interior and the fact that it can fit 20 minifigs and the exterior is perfection.

Great work 'timmy' on pimping your own creation.....even more realistic on the inside......Brick On 'timmy' ! :grin:

Excellent upgrade timmy! I think my favorite is the interior, i really like the new screening area (looks like Imax) and lobby

Andy D

It looks even better now! I've always regretted not picking this set up.

Thanks paostmo, it's a great set, I loved the cinema before I MOD'd it. You'd probably be able to Bricklink just the cinema if you were really wanting it :classic:

It a nice addition to your model.... good upgrade

Cheers, medib :classic:

It looks amazing 'timmyc1983'! :wub: . I like the interior and the fact that it can fit 20 minifigs and the exterior is perfection.

Wow, thanks Dat Lego :blush: I really wanted it to be like a real cinema, so the two 'twin' screens downstairs and then the big IMAX style screen upstairs is like the big draw card (and because I have just bought the Palace Cinema, it needs a big draw card to compete haha)

Excellent work! Are you thinking of giving it a name?

Thanks, I haven't thought about a name yet, but I should, as the Palace Cinema will soon be its competition, so I will need to differentiate between them, or at least the minifigs will :laugh:

Great work 'timmy' on pimping your own creation.....even more realistic on the inside......Brick On 'timmy' ! :grin:

Thanks LT, I was going for realism with the big screen and layered seating :classic:

Excellent upgrade timmy! I think my favorite is the interior, i really like the new screening area (looks like Imax) and lobby

Andy D

Thanks Andy, I wasn't overly happy with the interior when I finished it, but I was certainly going for an IMAX type look with the screen... The interior seems popular so I like it now :tongue: