WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71001 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 10?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Do you think Series 10 is a huge improvement compared with other series?

5. 5. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 10?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

So this is my first time posting to this board. I live in Illinois and I have been trying to find minifigures series 10 since I started seeing they are available in different areas. Most of the stores in my area Target, Lego store all said they have them but they wont sell them till May 1st. It was so aggravating. I really wanted to have series 10 and a real shot at Mr. Gold. So I was going to lego land in Schaumburg Illinois at Streets of Woodfield to buy the lone ranger sets after getting pissed off at TRU for not price matching. I walk in the door and they have a large bin of about 400 series 10 minifigures. I felt them and bought 15 went to my car opened them up and saw I got 9 out of the 16 pretty happy with myself this series is pretty hard to figure out. I went back in looking for the rest and Mr. Gold. I feel one that has just a plain rod piece and I cant figure out who it is the indian with the tomahawk was the closest. Bought another 17 with about 6 indians got down to only 3 left to open and there he was Mr. Gold. Number 4515 out of 5000. I tried to post a picture but I cant figure out how to on here. My icon is the picture I took. I showed the employees there and they said they cant believe I found one since they felt all the packages before they put them out which I just want to say will probably happen everywhere and really sucks. So Mr. Gold is in the regular package there is no mailing in to get him you just have to be lucky and find him. I was.

Its a great review white fang

I hope the series 11 does'nt come too soon because in Mexico we are still with series 7

lol

Are you saying that not even Minifigures Series 8 has shown up in Mexico yet, the same Minifigure series that was released 8 months ago in Canada and the US and is already discontinued by LEGO (and thus very hard to find around where I live in the world), me never mind Minifigures Series 9, even though your country has a LEGO packaging plant right inside your own country's borders????!!!! :oh::oh3:*oh2**huh* That is really terrible for LEGO to treat Mexico like this, so I say shame on them!!!! :damn: I feel really bad for you, as I live in Canada with a official LEGO Brand Retail Store fairly close to me! However, it was only like this for only about a year, and some previously released sets didn't ever show up in my country, such as Target and LEGO Brand Retail Store/LEGO Shop-At-Home exclusives. :cry3: (There were no Targets stores anywhere in Canada, and even right now, there are none outside of the province of Ontario, but that will change pretty soon from now. :wink:)

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

New member here. I went through a hanging display case (of 120) and this was the breakdown (sadly only 16 in this case):

Librarian 3

Medusa 2

Roman Commander 8

Warrior Woman 6

Tomahawk Warrior 14

Skydiver 9

Bumblebee Girl 5

Grandpa 5

Paintball Player 9

Sea Captain 5

Sad Clown 10

Revolutionary Soldier 9

Baseball Fielder 12

Trendsetter 2

Decorator 10

Motorcycle Mechanic 11

Edited by ChrisMmmm

Great review as usual, very uninspiring series, definately step back from series 9, only thing that makes this series interesting is that golden figure, time to go hunting

PS very suprised vote results that series 10 is the best series so far?! :sceptic:

I am looking forward to collect every single figure from this series. The closest thing I have to a complete set of figures are from series 6. Anyway, great review.

The Roman, Warrior Woman & Revolutionary soldiers are the only ones I'm too bothered about from this series, and thus they are the ones I've got a couple of each so far! The revolutionary soldier is going to be so useful for pirate-related stuff. Finally there is a bluecoat design to fit in with the good old 2009 redcoats! And the wig is amazing! The Roman meanwhile is awesome, although I would have preferred that they'd kept the silvery helmet to fit in with the Legionaries better. The warrior womans shield is fantastic and I've actually been using it as a shield for the Romans (as the bird could be an eagle - I know it's not quite the typical roman shield but it's close enough!).

Edited by Duck

Picked up a sealed box of 60 figs today from my local shop, disappointing, not Mr Gold for me, only the expected mix of figs in the box, so I now need to purchase another bumblebee and sea captain for my needs.

Thank you so much WhiteFang. Your review has helped me find my own Mr. Gold. :cry_happy:

Edited by just2good

Just finished up with my wants on series 10. WhiteFang nailed it with the over abundance of the skydiver and such. I went to the store last week and all they had left were skydivers and mechanics...I am now ready to move on to series 11!

I just browsed and read all your collectible minifigures series reviews and I must say that I am amazed and thankful for the level of detail, statistics, photos and examples, I think it couldn't have been more compelling than this. I also have to praise the idea of showing each minifigure in a context with other minifigures or associated themes, great idea and I was pleased to see that we think alike in some of the cases. So, thank you for making all of them and congratulations for the level of details and patience! :sweet:

Fantastic review, WhiteFang!

I also have collected LEGO but my brother lost some minifigures in some sets :((( I wonder that anyone sell LEGO minifigures only :(( ? I tend to buy some clone sets in xxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxx to use their minifigures but it seems quality of the knock off sets is not good :((

Edit by WhiteFang: Link removed. Please do not post any Lepin links. Last warning. 

Edited by WhiteFang

2 hours ago, I_am_Groot said:

Fantastic review, WhiteFang!

I also have collected LEGO but my brother lost some minifigures in some sets :((( I wonder that anyone sell LEGO minifigures only :(( ? I tend to buy some clone sets in Aliexpress or XXXXXXXXXX to use their minifigures but it seems quality of the knock off sets is not good :((

You can use bricklink.com or brickowl.com to buy minifigures, or auction sites such as ebay. It is not a good idea to post links to fakes such as Lepin here.

Edit by WhiteFang: Links are removed. Please do not post any Lepin links. Last warning. 

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed links

Well good thing you've learned from it I_am_Groot, but please this is a LEGO and not a LEPIN forum.

Review LEPIN 05128 BB-8 UCS | Compatible with LEGO 75187 | Star Wars |

If you are fan of legendary films Star Wars and you impress with BB-8, a cute manipulative spherical robot, then you can not ignore LEPIN 05128 BB-8 UCS Building Blocks and Bricks Set from LEPIN Star Wars.

Product Informations:

✔Brand Name: LEPIN
✔ Item No: 05128
✔Compatible: LEGO 75187
✔Pieces: 1106
✔Ages: 10 -16 and above
✔Estimated Price: $62

Design and Features
The mechanics of BB-8 allow its domed mechanical head to freely rotate 360º thanks to a “steering wheel” cleverly disguised on one side of his cute little spherical self, as well as for a (non-functioning) welding torch to pop open a door in his tummy and project forward, with the turn of a similarly-disguised wheel on his opposite side.

Like any Technics-style set, you’ve got to pay close attention to the instructions when assembling anything with moving parts. The track on which BB-8’s welding torch slides out is an interesting assembly, and requires precision in its assembly in order to work properly. Ditto for his head.

The build went pretty smoothly overall, except for having to adjust for the welding torch to automatically open the door. The door is pushed open by the torch itself, so the door does not close automatically on retraction of the torch. That would be a cool feature, but I recognize the innards don’t leave a lot of room for the gears necessary to make such a thing occur.

The other main frustration in assembling this little ball of orange and white cuteness was the fact that all of the dome-shaped sides are held onto the body with four offset plates, one in each corner of the square structure inside the circle. You’ve got to get all four perfectly aligned in order to snap the circle on with ease. I recognize this is a frequent issue with any sort of assembly involving aligning, all at once, more than a couple pegs and holes. It’s not a huge deal, but it bears mentioning.

BB-8 is playable, but is also built for display. He comes with a nice little stand and informational plaque telling his statistics. One of my favorite features of the set is the BB-8 “minifigure” that also comes with the set, and which hangs out on a little perch in front of his big brother when the whole thing is assembled.

I’ve become quite a fan of LEPIN’s Star Plan sets, and BB-8 is a worthy addition to any Star Wars fan’s collection. As usual for LEPIN, the bricks were all of great quality, and even though much of the internal build is Technics-style pieces, I had zero problems with piece quality or finish. 

I highly recommend you pick up BB-8 for either yourself or the Star Wars fan in your life. He’s a fun build, a very attractive finished product, and indeed, you may find yourself getting even more hooked on Lepin building block toys as a result of the very good price at which you can obtain him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-M5CgMMVU

https://bricklepin.com/product/lepin-star-wars/lepin-05128-bb-8-ucs-star-wars/

Edited by I_am_Groot
Lepin links removed