The casing around the cylinder looks a little bulky, otherwise it looks great with those tires.

tim

@timslegos

Yes I know that it is a little bulky but I had to make a decision : to buy old cylinders for better mounting options or make a bulky but functional one around the new ones. But I can tell although it looks bulky its stable and you are not seeing it in the finished model anyway :classic:

What about flipping the cylinder around the other way,that will solve the bulky casing around the wheels.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

@Alasdair Ryan

I don't think that this will solve the issue because then you are using McPherson type suspension the shock absorber has to be rigidly connected to the hub carrier ;) therefore if I would turn it around I wouldn't be able to use the whole suspension travel because I would have to spend some of it for mounting it ;)

That I mean is shown very good in the first picture: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacPherson_strut

Edited by benjiii712

Hi I am back again :)

I have build a whole new chassis to support the weight of the car better. It also uses less parts then the previous generation. Therefore it is way more stable but also more efficient. I am very pleased with the results of my first driving tests. But you have to keep in mind that it is still very heavy. The pneumatic suspension works almost perfectly. For faster response I increased the in- and outlets of the cylinders like you would do it in a pneumatic engine.

As you can see at the photos I have also started to work on the body.

9145583938_da25fae6ba_z.jpg

9145621308_591952f04d_z.jpg

9143298857_4de751c83a_z.jpg

But there is still so much to do...

When you would like to see more pictures please feel free to check out my Flickr foulder:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94192218@N02/

Hope you like it so far

Best Greatings Benji712

Edited by benjiii712

Hello Eurobricks community,

after a long time i would like to show you some progress on the Landrover project...

As you can see on the pictures I am still working on the body but i am more concerned about the gearbox because it gets bigger and heavier all the time :sceptic:

10380882636_d2b14a761e_z.jpg

10380996733_d35d3bcd3b_z.jpg

10380569125_180b17daea_z.jpg

Are there any Ideas how to integrate one of these gas springs to allow for smoth opening of the trunk ?

More Pictures : http://www.flickr.co...th/10380569125/

As alwayse every feedback is highly appreciated :classic:

Wow this is huge! I think you're going to need bigger tires

Same thought, it looks great like it is.

But I think it came from the factory with stock wheels and the tire shop might be closed on Sunday.

@Marcel1980

I am sorry but at the moment the gearbox is not assembled. I hope to make more progress in the next weeks I will than update this thread...

You may have a look at my Youtube page I posted a video on an early prototype some months ago

This is HUGE and looks very impressive.

Can I ask why you chose pneumatic suspension instead of sprung?

@JTS

Thanks for your feedback :classic:

I used pneumatic suspension because it allows for height adjustment just like in the real car

When the car starts it raises itself from an easy to enter position into the drive or the offroad position ;)

@Marcel1980

I am sorry but at the moment the gearbox is not assembled. I hope to make more progress in the next weeks I will than update this thread...

You may have a look at my Youtube page I posted a video on an early prototype some months ago

I understand how the gear box is made. Its a 4 gear gear box right? If have seen that design a lot. Its more how a motor can shift them all.

@Marcel1980

Yes you are right it has 4 gears but since the original has 8 speeds I will try to add another 2 speed gearbox in front of the main one so you get double the gears... Its kind of cheating but there is just not enough space :wink:

Best Greetings Benji

Tell me more about the air suspension - are you using a pressure regulator on the pump and airtanks to keep the system presuruzed?

How do you limit the driving and the off road position?

Do you cross flow the cylinders (i.e front to rear inlets to outlets etc... ) for self-levelling ?

@Rockbrick

There are more systems controlled by pneumatics, for example the lockable differentials therefore i will use an pressure regulated compressor...

For the Air suspension I have not finally decided how to implement it. One Idea is to link a valve to every "wheel" so when the cylinder gets compressed the valvs opens and allows for more Air to come in. When their is to much air the valve opens the other side and in theory that should create a working air suspension. When you would move the valves up or down you can adjust the riding height... But their are other possibilities as well (for example using mindstorm)

Hope thats answers your Question...

Best greetings Benji

@Marcel1980

Yes you are right it has 4 gears but since the original has 8 speeds I will try to add another 2 speed gearbox in front of the main one so you get double the gears... Its kind of cheating but there is just not enough space :wink:

Best Greetings Benji

I wonder how it will look like! Cant wait