Sign in to follow this  
Saberwing40k

Zoli's Jumbo Ford F650 is a beautiful brute!

So I was browsing Brickshelf recently, and I saw this:

preview.jpg

User Zoli made this, and here's his description:

Maybe I wont build the whole truck. I only would like to test this type of chassis. I think with this idea I can build stronger and more realistic trucks. zoli_2004@freemail.hu

It's big, and the chassis uses some very interesting construction techniques.

Also big are the Brickshelf gallery pictures, so I'm going to have to provide a link instead of posting them in this thread.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=503056

Disclaimer: I did not create this model, I am merely posting it on this forum for the viewing pleasure of some of the members. All credit goes to the original builder.

I too was intrigued by his suspension setup, it is something I have never seen before.

tim

The model overall is pretty cool, but that suspension looks a bit flimsy for the size of the model. Seems like there would be a fair amount of flexing on the shocks.

Huge and original-look, but those ugly panels:(

I see this in person on the Malug (Hungarian LUG) meeting this weekend.

It drives fine, though is eats batteries like crazy (it's not for trials obviously). It has lots of functions (gearbox, transfer case, switching between rear wheel drive and all wheel drive, opening everything etc).

There were some top-notch Technic models on the meeting, maybe I'll make a thread about it it I'll find the photos.

Mayby 10 years ago whas this a cool moc, but now :sceptic: .

Olso the suspension looks weak to me.

Sorry this is not one to at to mine favorits.

I like it a lot! I've been waiting to build one of these big trucks. I need to get some RC motors. And some power pullers..

The only thing it's missing for me is the fake engine.

I'm designing this things much smaller baby brother. The F150. So far, it has Diff Locks, Height Adjustable Suspension, Sheepo's 4 speed sequential and Brakes. All I need to do now, is design a front axle, a chassis, and a body. All the electronic features are done, just the basics need doing. I think I've done this in the wron order.

I like the F650 though, but U think the suspension needs improving.