Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickAvenger

The Assassination Of Henri IV (14 May 1610)

Hello to all of you

I present you my second entry for this MocAthalon on 2013, "The Assassination Of Henri IV (14 May 1610) ", I thus chose to represent this scene for the 27th category: "The Ides Of March" !

On August 1589, a Protestant and poor Bourbon becomes, according to the laws of transmission of the crown, King of France. He is called Henri IV. The country is exhausted by thirty years of civil and religious fights, between Catholics and Protestants. In fifteen years, this sovereign managed to calm the kingdom and to raise it economically. But Henri IV remains in near many of his fanatical subjects, an intruder in France filled with catholic tradition, murderers roam around him, trying to eliminate him, on May 14th, 1610, Street of Ferronnerie the knife of Ravaillac ends the life of this sovereign, the first one of the dynasty of Bourbons.

8563255128_940df115bc_z.jpg

The Assassination Of Henri IV (14 Mai 1610) par TheBrickAvenger, sur Flickr

Deeplinks : 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

I hope you will like it :)

That's an excellent piece of work. I particularly like the color of the building facade.

Thanks for sharing, Joe

I love the carriage, it looks very realistic, good work!

Edited by songwm

Very cool facade on the building, the window design works nicely :thumbup:

Great carriage and ground texture too :classic:

When I first saw this, I was too overwhelmed to comment. Now that my awe is under control, I can say that I love it!! The road with the worn down flagstones is really well done too!

Great build! I especially love the mottling in the wall and the muddy feel of the ground :classic:

Wonderful building and carriage!! But what I really like is your use of a factual historic tide turning even to add a historic conctext to your diarama The Brick Avenger! Wonderfully composed.

Henri IV that enigmatic King of France.... who only got to the throne because his 3 brother-in-laws (Francis II, Charles IX and Henri III) all died prematurely. Ironically Catherine di Medici the powerful wife of King Henri II... watched her 3 sons become king, one at a time dying early... only to have her daughter Margaret's husband Henri IV (of Navarre) become king from 1589-1610.

Henri IVs time in France had a foreboding beginning in 1572 when he married Catherine's daughter Margaret... within a week of the marriage (while many thousands of Protestants were still there in Paris for the celebrations)... Catherine started the St. Bartholemew's Day Massacre... in which thousands these same Protestants in Paris and elsewhere in France were slaughtered for several weeks throughout throughout the country.

The Hugenots and the war of religion in France culminated in the 1610 assasination of Henri IV, but not before he established the Bourbon Dynasty in that country (following with Louis XIII, Louis XIV, Louis XV, and Louis XVI).

A very tumultous time in France indeed....

Edited by LEGO Historian