Sign in to follow this  
RaincloudDustbin

Set VS Set- Arctic Batman Vs. Mr Freeze: Aquaman on Ice against Spider

Which do you prefer? I own both and I lean towards the Marvel. Both have 3 exclusive minifigures and two main builds but I feel you get much more for your money with the Spidey-cycle and frankly, more exciting figs. Both are cool thus why I purchased both so let me know your preference and REASONING behind your decision. TT.

Edited by RaincloudDustbin

Batman. My reason is that the Batboat is unique and edgy and novel in its look and design. The cycle and car are pretty well done, but they just feel like something thsts been been done already in other themes all over.

Well this is like comparing apples to oranges. A better set comparison would be Bat-Boat vs Extremis Boat, rather than boat vs car. :hmpf_bad:

Anyways, while I'm a large DC fan, I do have to go with Marvel on this one. It's got great figures aside from the meh Spiderman, and the car is a nice, unique, and functional build. In contrast to the Batboat, which while nice, really feels like something is just missing from the set. I think if it weren't for Aquaman's inclusion, it would be a tough buy for me on that one (And Aquaman himself isn't all that great anyways).

Buy both. Unique minifigs and they are only US$20, amirite?

If you must ask, I think the design in the Marvel set is a little bit more fun, if I had to pick.

Well this is like comparing apples to oranges. A better set comparison would be Bat-Boat vs Extremis Boat, rather than boat vs car. :hmpf_bad:

Uh... not really. They are both priced the same, both have three figures and two builds. Yes, I suppose the Extremis boat is a better fit but seeing as not many people have it yet, I went for the cycle.

Buy both. Unique minifigs and they are only US$20, amirite?

Totally agree. Both sets are excellent and especially at this price. For me, I prefer the Spidey set because it has wheels and that means better playability for my son. I had to convert the batboat with wheels - he did like the pizza shooters though. Excellent figs in both, and great vehicles too.

:classic:

Yep, I'd suggest getting both-- I think TLG is onto something by keeping these hero sets small and affordable with one well-designed vehicle and 3 (or more) of these sought-after minifigs. It's guaranteed to appeal not only to AFOLs, but parents as well!

But if I had to pick between these two, I'd def. take the Batman set. That's a really well-designed BatBoat that fits in really well with the design asthetics of the first wave of DC Heroes' Batman sets (unfortunately can't say the same about The Bat). If you think it looks good by itself, line it up beside the Batmobile in front of the BatCave set. It all just works.

Plus that Aquaman fig is just perfect. Seriously, joke all you want about the character, but I think it's the best Minifig in the entire 2013 Superheroes lineup so far...

It's the Spider Cycle no doubt about it. The cycle itself is a good build, the car is a good build, and two of the figs have never been seen at all before. The other figure is the best one yet made of itself. For the Arctic Batman, it's a bad build. Good figs, though.

Arctic Batman for sure, though had Nick Fury's car been another colour then maybe I'd have picked that one. The green just doesn't feel right.

But they're both great value, and affordable.