SheepEater

Do you collect Lego themes other than Technic/Mindstorms?

Other Lego themes than Technic/Mindstorms  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Other Lego themes than Technic/Mindstorms

• Town/City (includes Trains & Modulars)
    • Star Wars
    • Space, and other non-SW sci-fi
    • Castle (generic unlicensed)
    • Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
    • Harry Potter
    • Super Heroes
    • Unlicensed Action themes (Ninjago, Atlantis, Chima, Power Miners, Agents)
    • Pirates, Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Girly themes (Friends, Belville, Paradisa)
    • Fabuland, Duplo, 4 Juniors/Jack Stone
    • Bionicle, Hero Factory
    • Generic bricks aka Basic aka Creator
    • Western + Lone Ranger
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    • Pharaohs' Quest, Prince of Persia
    • Model Team, Sculptures, architecture
    • Monster Fighters
    • None at all... only Technic/Mindstorms

When I came out of my dark ages in 2002, after buying 30-40 technic sets in the span of 2 months (including the short-lived technic star wars sets), I realized I needed to span out a bit more so I started collecting Town sets(aka City, plus Trains), also some racers which sometimes blur the line with both Technic and Town/City themes. Only in 2012 did I start collecting other themes but Technic/Town: Lord of the Rings (bought the entire 2012 LOTR + Hobbit waves). I had read the books before the Peter Jackson movies even came out. I was never into Castle before so that in turn motivated me to buy a very high rated castle set (Medieval Market Village)

How about you?

Edited by SheepEater

There is a gaping hole in your survey for Model team. Many of the people on here also have a love for Model team stuff since it was so similar to Technic in the 90's except that it was a "finished" model and less functional.

Also, Creator should have its own section since creator is sometimes viewed as the replacement for model team but it also has sets with PF stuff.

On that note. Model team for me, and some sculptures.

There is a gaping hole in your survey for Model team. Many of the people on here also have a love for Model team stuff since it was so similar to Technic in the 90's except that it was a "finished" model and less functional.

Also, Creator should have its own section since creator is sometimes viewed as the replacement for model team but it also has sets with PF stuff.

On that note. Model team for me, and some sculptures.

Sorry about that. Added a new option.

Yes, some lines are blurred. Lego STILL comes out with Model Team stuff, just not in name.

It's mostly technic for me. I have about a dozen non technic sets.

Same for me,although I still buy bricks,plates etc... from bricklink.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I collect mostly Technic, but I have also started buying modular buidlings and the smaller City sets (trucks and such). Some of the new Hobit sets looks really nice, and I'm a bit tempted to buy a few of them.

Only Technic.

As your question asks "Do you collect Lego themes other than Technic/Mindstorms?", y ou need a voting option for No, only Technic.

Only Technic.

As your question asks "Do you collect Lego themes other than Technic/Mindstorms?", y ou need a voting option for No, only Technic.

Not really. You can just opt to not vote at all!

Not really. You can just opt to not vote at all!

Right, but then we don't have the total "voters" to have a real breakdown of peoples buying habits.

You mean you don't play with the girly stuff? :snicker:

I collect Friends Ryan :wub::laugh: , but that's for mine doghter :wink: .

The most is for me technic and now the last months olso bricks, plates and tiles.

I,ve got pretty much all Technic, there's a little bit of odd stuff in my collection. And the usual plates, n system bricks, tiles

Dan

I most of all collect technic, but I also have a city with lots of technic stuff in there.

e.g. a bridge, windmill, ...

tibivi

I am technic head, but with Lotr habits! :tongue:

I got all technic sets i wanted and waiting for august. I LOVE lotr world so Lotr sets were no brainer! I did started getting some creater and City sets purely for messing around. I will try to do some Team model stuff myself. I wish they would just bring it back for AFOLs sake! :cry_sad:

This is the Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team subforum, so yes, you can expect people to vote for Model Team. :wink:

I already own most of the TECHNIC sets I really wanted. At the moment I mainly collect Modular Houses, but I plan to stop with that for a while. The cinema was a big disappointment, it depends on the next set. For the rest I mainly collect older sets from the '80s and '90s, mainly Town and (9V) trains, but sometimes Model Team as well. I plan to collect Res-Q and Western (the original kind, not The Lone Ranger) and sometimes I buy Creator sets for parts. Too many interesting themes, too small budget. :classic:

Edited by Richie

Okay, I added Monster Fighters and "none" as options.

Hopefully the poll is complete enough now!

I'm not sure if you can vote again for the new options if you already did, though.

I don't collect any other themes.

Altough I got the odd number of sets from other themes.

Most of them i got as a present from friends. "You collect Lego don't you?"

I should add that I have all my old Expert builder sets form the late 70's early 80's, but I guess those would be considered Technic sorta, LOL.

Dan

Hi,

I have some bionicles and Lego Heroes, I've recently bought some bricks from the lego store but it's all to compliment my technic collection. It's all about lego but I'm 90 percent technic. I started off with a horse and carriage set back in the late seventies. I still look at and admire the non technic sets like the hobbit sets etc. I'd like to build a technic fire station etc.

H

1a: I am collecting classic studded Technic (sets), from the beginning to ~ 1999/2000.

1b: Classic town, era from ~1978 to ~ 1991.

2: PF trains. Maybe someday I'll start collecting grey 12V trains in order to fit my town collection...