Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2013 - Friday (Munich visit)

Now that the hotel is all payed and booked, we started to work out the detailed schedule for the event. A small taskforce (Holodoc, Grogall and myself) has done a Skype conference call to workout the Friday program, which is the day we go visit the beautiful city of Munich.

Friday:

08:00: Breakfast

08:45: leaving the hotel by car to the Gunzburg train station

09:42- 11:21: Train from Gunzburg to Munich Central Station

Next we do some visiting by foot:

11:35: Munich Frauenkirche (Kathedral)

11:50: Cityhall (old and new)

12:10: Altes Residenz, Theatinerkirche (go briefly inside), Hofgarten

13:00-14:00: Lunch in the Hofgarten biergarten

14:00-14:05: Passing by the Hofbrauhaus

14:05-14:30: LEGO shop Müller (Im Tal)

14:30: with tram to Toys'r'us

14:50-15:30: Toys'r'us

15:30: with tram to Nymfenburger schloss

16:00: Visit the Nymphenburger Schloss.

18:00: Dinner at Hirrschgarten

19:00-19:15: with s-bahn to the Passing LEGO brand store (this is the new one)

19:15-20:00: visit the Passing LEGO brand store

20:00-20:42: Have a drink while waiting for the train

20:42 (Passing station) - 22:15 (Gunzburg station)

22:30: Back at the hotel

Should we run into time issues we might not do one of LEGO shop Müller or Toy'r'us.

This is the default program, but of course anyone is free to visit the city on their own.

Transportation:

1/ We'll go by cars from the hotel to the Gunzburg train station. Please indicate if you'll be coming by car to the event so we are sure we can transport everyone in one go.

2/ For the train, tram, s-bahn, bus we'll buy the Bayern ticket which costs €22 for one person but only €4 for each additional person (up to 4 additional persons allowed per ticket). That means we'll pay €22+€16=€38/5=€7.60 per person for the whole day. That's of course the ideal scenario if we will be a multiple of 5 persons, so count ~10 euro per person which is a great deal.

Maps:

We'll create 2 maps showing exactly how we'll go inside the city. You can download map 1 here. The 2nd map (for the 2nd part of the program) will be added soon.

like the plan. I've been in Munich many times, but never really had the time to see the city. The detail of visiting LEGO shop is a nice one, too. :grin:

Edited by Redhead1982

I like the plan. I know munchen fairly well and coul also help in navigating the city.

By Muller shop in tal you probably mean Obleterrer?

I will come with car, together with redhead1982 and we will have space for three more.

By Muller shop in tal you probably mean Obleterrer?

In Tal there is Müller, see at Google Maps

Obletter is basically Müller since 16 years.

A "true Obletter" left in MUC is at Stachus, not too far from Tal at the other side of the pedestrian zone. Look here

Edited by freakwave

Thank you for pointing out all the great stuff I'll be missing. :cry_sad:

There's still room for you and Ingrid in my car :wink:

In Tal there is Müller, see at Google Maps

Obletter is basically Müller since 16 years.

A "true Obletter" left in MUC is at Stachus, not too far from Tal at the other side of the pedestrian zone. Look here

Ahh, I see now. I mixed Tal and Karlplatz/Stachus. I meant Obleterrer in Karlsplatz/Stachus, which is great shop (one of the greates I'v ever been to), but nothing special regarding LEGO bricks (I am slo interested in slot cars and modellbahn so I look also look for other things).

Anyway, It looks like its gonna be a great day (I hope it will not rain).

Edited by Cwetqo

Given our children's diets and short legs Bfenz and I will probably drop in and out of the tour once we arrive in Munich, meeting at some points and not others. We've been to Munich several times before and the Obletter store and the department store across the road from it are usually top of our hit list. No need to take the U2 line to Reim Arcadien if the other LEGO store is on the agenda then. Toysrus and the LEGO store sound especially good.

I think that there is no plan to visit Riem Arcaden store this time, just new one in Passing.

I think that there is no plan to visit Riem Arcaden store this time, just new one in Passing.

Correct!

Pasing is mostly "on our way back" to Günzburg in the evening and close to the station as well.

We are still negotiating something along our visit in the store... but shhhhh, don't tell anyone. :wink:

No need at all to go to Riem Arcaden as well.

That sounds really good. Really wanted to see munich for a long time and never got the chance to visit it (maybe once when I was 4 or 5 :sceptic: )

Sounds like a good plan! I am very much looking forward to the event. I just need to get those damn exams out of the way first...

Am I missing something or did the second map for our Munich visit on Friday ever get posted?