Sign in to follow this  
Bytor

Helms Deep Expansion

After seeing Eurolock's Helms Deep mod/moc I decided I had to do my own. TLG's original set was lacking, in all respects, so something had to be done.

Any feedback/comments would be great, thanks a lot!

You can check it out on my flickr:

Edited by Bytor

Hey guys, thanks alot!

Shroffy i used 2 helms deep hahaha i still have leftover though... And a lot i ordered from BL and got from PAB. probably costing $500 if not more.

Edited by Bytor

Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor.........this looks fantastic. Frankly I'm amazed how accurately you have been able to recreate my version...and improve certain parts (I like your mountain better than mine).

What really made me smile is where you have replicated a few 'mistakes' that I made (middle windows in the wall at the front of the cloister area aren't spaced correctly....and

there is a dbg wedge plate on the floor under the 'bridge' at the top of the spiral ramp that I only used because I ran out of LBG and was too impatient to wait for my bricklink order to arrive.

Where has Helm Hammerhand gone?

This is encouraging to hear, thanks a lot! For the most part i used your pictures as an instruction manual. And i didn't even notice them to be mistakes hahaha. I'll add one but i don't have the hammer and i don't feel like he would look good without it. As well the shield above the arch into the keep, i don't own one, and didn't feel like sanding off the crownie logo from one of their shields.

Thanks Mark, your MOCs are great too :)

Another fantastic Helms Deep expansion, Bytor. I am so impressed by it, like I am with Eurolock's - both works of building genius.

The rest of us are crying out for instructions on how to do it!

I can post all of my WIP photos if you like, its almost a set of instructions!

Very nice, and close to the original MOC. Would love to see the work in progress shots, maybe I'd like to build one too... :blush:

I can post all of my WIP photos if you like, its almost a set of instructions!

That would be really great if you could - would be fascinating to see the masterpiece coming together!

Very impressive work, looks like a great display piece.

That would be really great if you could - would be fascinating to see the masterpiece coming together!

Very nice, and close to the original MOC. Would love to see the work in progress shots, maybe I'd like to build one too... :blush:

Good news everyone! I have created a thread to discuss the building of Helm's Deep. Hope to see you there!

Edited by Bytor