Alfadas

Solid Foundation: Castle Newbie Help

Hello, I want to build a huge fantasy era crownies army, but I do not know were to buy the minifigures. Does anyone of you know it? (please not bricklink, I tried that and it didn't work) Currently I have an army of 34 soldiers, I want at least 50, but I am hoping for 100 soldiers. I know, 100 soldiers is not that much, but I am happy with 100 soldiers. If anyone knows where I can buy them, please let me know. Thank you.

I am hoping to get 100 of the soldiers in my photo.

Edited by jeroenaa

Hello, I am planning on building a moc, but I have never done that before. Do you have any tips? How many bricks should a normal moc have? Any sites where I can buy lego parts for not much money?

I am hoping for reactions.

Edited by jeroenaa

too bad, could not find anything interesting :cry_sad: , but I keep looking. Maybe you have other sites?

Have you looked at the Castle Chess set? It comes with 28 minifigs, all with accessories, for (here in the US) $50 USD. I recently bought one for army building myself.

Plus (if you're really not interested in a chess set at all) it comes with a large green baseplate as well.

Thank you! Well, the castle chess set is not for sale in the netherlands, but maybe I can order one, if I know the site. Could you send me a link where I can buy one? I have the giant chess set, but you don't get the crownies I want, you get 2 archers, 2 heavily armored knights, 2 wizards and 1 king, 1 queen and 8 dwarves. That is nice, but I want the soldiers in my picture, and they are included in the small chess set.

Google around for it. Try Amazon. As I'm in the US I can't supply you a link that will guaranteed work in the Netherlands.

for (here in the US) $50 USD

Woah, where did you get that? Ive been looking and they are $150 and up!

Bricklink is your best bet. Lego store pick-a-brick walls can also be very cost effective...particularly for small parts...

@cortman, thank you, I found it, I am asking it for my birthday, so I have to wait for 3 more months, or I could buy it for myself. but thank you!

There is no such thing as a normal MOC. Anything made from two bricks or more is a MOC.

The pick-a-brick wall in the Lego stores are probably not that practically considering that the closest stores are in Oberhausen and Cologne. You should consider joining one of the local LUG's, because you could hitch a ride to the stores when they have a AFOL evening in the stores.

Bricklink is a source for bulk and individual parts, and there a lot of stores from the Netherlands. But I have to warn you: buying from Bricklink is addictive!

Thanks for the tip, I will see if I can seduce my father to give me some money so I can buy bricks. I will keep in mind that Bricklink is addictive. During the next holliday I am going to Legoland Deutschland, so I can buy bricks there.

I would like some pictures in where I can see how a MOC is build.

thank you, it is a very usefull site! I will definitly buy from him! (as soon as I get money :cry_sad: )

And to be honest, I really have some bad experience with that guy from lossestenen.nl, it took him like 2 months to get my small order, costed me 20 euro and lot of parts weren't the one I ordered. Have a look at brickshop.nl and A-tembo.nl.

The last shop has also 2 shops in delft and Breda, which is really cheap and also sells lots of parts for a low cost. I hope i helped you!

I have the same experience with the guy from lossestenen.nl but the last 2 years i don't have any problems with my orders in his shop. but the more bricks the more can go wrong.

i will be checking those other site's to, just to see i've they have something intresting.

claus von nassau

to bad they dont have the parts jeroenaa wants to buy.

claus

You all have been very helpfull, I will look on that site, brickshop I do already know, doesn't have the pieces I want :sad: .

I have looked on the site of a-tembo.nl, but the loose parts are not for shipping, so I have to go to Delft or Breda, but as I live in Sneek (Friesland), that is 2 hours drive. That won't work :sad: so I have to find another site. But thanks for the tip!!

His store is good, lots of parts, and I will definetly buy somethings from him, but first I have to save money. thanks

jeroenaa

I have found another site, firestartoys.com, it is not cheap, but it has almost al the minifigs there are and were, with accesoires.