Sign in to follow this  
ronenson

MOC: NS Sprinter

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Although I haven't posted much yet, I feel my latest moc is worth sharing. I really like the color scheme of the Dutch NS Sprinter (from Bombardier), so it started out as toying a bit with LDD, and ended with me spending evenings on bricklink to get the actual bricks to build it. Today, the last set of bricks arrived, so I finished it, together with my 6-year old son. I've used techniques I saw on this and other forums, and added some of my own.

It's deliberately as short and the same exterior shape as the 7938, because that train is also modeled after the Bombardier train. I got tempted to add another car, but felt it should be considerably shorter than my horizon express, and 3 cars (including loc) felt right in comparison. Note the balcony (with fold-up blue chairs, 2nd class with normal blue chairs, and 1st class with red chairs). I've also used jacobs bogeys, including a powered jacobs bogey for the loc.

Also note that this train has no toilet, accurately modeled after reality ;-)

ns_sprinter_bombardier.png

2013-03-14_20.52.12.jpg

2013-03-14_20.53.30.jpg

2013-03-14_20.56.37.jpg

2013-03-14_20.57.20.jpg

2013-03-14_20.57.58.jpg

Actually the trains are made by Siemens and Bombardier ;-)

But verily nicely done! Especially the colour scheme!

Thanks for the correction Dave, you're right. I forgot about Siemens. Bombardier makes the 4-car model, Siemens makes the 6-car variation.(according to wikipedia, that is)

Nice,

it looks a lot like the real deal.

Can you share the LDD file

Also note that this train has no toilet, accurately modeled after reality ;-)

:classic:

Thanks for sharing the LXF! I'm planning to make my first train MOC, which would be the regional Spurter train from Arriva build by Stadler :classic:

Edited by Ballast

Very nice, looks like some of the commuter trains we have running around just two or three coaches including the engines. No idea if they have toilets though?