Bricksan

Leg Godt City - Update 24th Sep 2013

Firstly thanks for the feedback everyone to answer a few questions

Thanks for sharing your work. All details make this scene "real". :wub:

One thing make me perplex, how do you connect the fence on the pier?

Glue ;-)

Very nice its coming along quite well. l noticed connector pins on the port. What do they connect to?

Next to Chilis will be a 16x32 corner building then where the launch ramp is there will be a tile built road and then another 16x32 building connecting with my Coastguard HQ Mk.3 I am progressing through the stages in LDD but at moment neither building is designed. Will share when they are though.

WOW this looks fantastic, excellent detail, can't wait to see more :grin:

Ok update time, photos are not great due to a few things but here is the layout so far. Next up is to fill the 64 stud space between chilis and the Coast Guard HQ

9913651365_f702c0d62e.jpg

Big Update by 13inthirteen, on Flickr

9913616955_95aeb5b030.jpg

Big Update (11) by 13inthirteen, on Flickr

9913688114_6c37ee8b61.jpg

Big Update (14) by 13inthirteen, on Flickr

9913605655_ccb3e99f46.jpg

Big Update (15) by 13inthirteen, on Flickr

9913670724_b92fc33d01.jpg

Big Update (20) by 13inthirteen, on Flickr

9913667744_ecece5e901.jpg

Big Update (21) by 13inthirteen, on Flickr

9913753693_c0a133c309.jpg

Big Update (22) by 13inthirteen, on Flickr

Details of what has changed and been done can be found here: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/leg-godt-city-big-update/

Definitely need to buy a PaB cup for the sea pieces. I shutter to think about anyone buying them individually...

I really like the marina, its coming along great. Excellent work!

Really liking your update 'Bricksan'. I've liked the Coastguard Station from the beginning and loving the way you've made the Marina. Great work.

Definitely need to buy a PaB cup for the sea pieces. I shutter to think about anyone buying them individually...

I really like the marina, its coming along great. Excellent work!

Yep I got them all via PaB it just adds to the overall look. Working on my next building currently and hoping to start ordering soon

I remember thinking you were nuts using all those 1x1 plates in the water, but seeing the end result, it's such a worthwhile endeavor.

I remember thinking you were nuts using all those 1x1 plates in the water, but seeing the end result, it's such a worthwhile endeavor.

don't worry I thought I was nuts too and it was very tedious putting them on but I think it looks better then a plain base plate. I always think it is the extra detail than can make MOCs look that little bit better.

I love seeing how this has evolved over time. I was very inspired by your original beach, and I was sad to see it go, but I still love every iteration and eagerly await updates. I particularly like the dock area you've created, and I can now see why people are so excited to find trans blue and trans clear 1x1 round plates... I think I might need to pick up more for the next beach scene I do.

That looks like a minifig baby from Citizen Brick, unfortunately I don't see those on their website any more. Bummer, I wanted to order some but never got around to it.

Your buildings are truly beautiful. How did you make the baby that the lady is holding in the second pic?

I love seeing how this has evolved over time. I was very inspired by your original beach, and I was sad to see it go, but I still love every iteration and eagerly await updates.

Took the words right out of my mouth...errr keyboard!!

I didn't even notice the baby. Such a great layout.

That looks like a minifig baby from Citizen Brick, unfortunately I don't see those on their website any more. Bummer, I wanted to order some but never got around to it.

Yep it is from them and you can get them from Firestar toys still

Your buildings are truly beautiful. How did you make the baby that the lady is holding in the second pic?

Glue

Took the words right out of my mouth...errr keyboard!!

I didn't even notice the baby. Such a great layout.

Thanks

Also the beach will be back but on a larger scale and with better ideas such as two colours for wet and dry sand etc. This week ordering begins on my next building.

It will be a 16 stud wide corner building but will reveal all when it's built ;-)