Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

MOC: Calvin and Hobbes - Imagination.

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

8552852801_5c61dee51c_z.jpg

Calvin and Hobbes - one of the truly great examples how to use your imagination....

8554020700_efc70a2d00_z.jpg

Spaceman Spiff and his trusty Wing Man Hobbes crash lands on a forbidden planet... who could be lurking around the corner?

8552914961_447c420f15_z.jpg

Close up of the Spiffcraft

8554018938_06b9086074_z.jpg

And you knew I had to sneak in a ThinkTank since it's March :D

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Love this, the posing on Calvin looks just like an illustration from the books :thumbup:

Incredible landscape and ThinkTank as well :classic:

Impressive and inspired. Though Calvin's sled never had sides and Hobbes never joined Calvin in the Spaceman Spiff imaginings.

Hobbes hiding in the first scene is consistant with his character, though. The landscape you created is also consistant with Watterson's drawings.

Zounds! Spiff is hit! He has no choice but to attempt to crash-land in the barren waste of the planet.

Brilliant... the tank is amazing (battle droids for feet?!? Clever...) Spiff's ship looks pretty much spot on. Although Hobbes doesn't belong in the scene, your representation is too good to leave out.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Impressive and inspired. Though Calvin's sled never had sides and Hobbes never joined Calvin in the Spaceman Spiff imaginings.

Hobbes hiding in the first scene is consistant with his character, though. The landscape you created is also consistant with Watterson's drawings.

Zounds! Spiff is hit! He has no choice but to attempt to crash-land in the barren waste of the planet.

Brilliant... the tank is amazing (battle droids for feet?!? Clever...) Spiff's ship looks pretty much spot on. Although Hobbes doesn't belong in the scene, your representation is too good to leave out.

Yes I readily admit that I blurred the truth for my own purposes.

His sled never had runners, nor sides, nor is it even red - but I wanted it to be analogous in his imagination to the space craft.

And I had to add runners on the sled - as I needed to use the Iron Builder mystery piece

As for Hobbes, I did comment (flickr?) that he was never with Spaceman Spiff (But Hobbes did go to Mars!) - but once again I wanted to adorable 'awww' moment of capturing Calvin's imagination at work - transforming both the sled and Hobbes.

Also - it's my imagination of Calvin's imagination - my rules :wink:

I love this, takes me way back. I seeing just Hobbes' tail sticking straight out of the sled in fright brings a smile to my face. The crashed spaceship looks great as does the planet surface. Calvin and Hobbes are also very recognizable and posed perfectly for the scene. :thumbup:

I get it now, the first pic (which I couldn't figure out why that was there at first) is reality, the second is what is in his imagination. I was thinking "what the heck is that spider there for?" "what does this have to do with anything?"