bjorn77

Back on the Lego track

Hi!

My name is Björn and I'm a 35 year old guy from Sweden who just rediscovered Lego. A couple of weeks ago, I was just clicking some link to oldlego.com on Facebook and continued my nostalgia bonanza by surfing lego blogs the whole weekend. I ended up buying three new sets of Lego the other day, which are my first in 20 years:

10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (The authenticity caught me and judging by reviews it looks like a really fun build and a nice display piece too)

9492 Lego Star Wars Tie Fighter (The cool factor is so high on this. An iconic craft and I love the aesthetics.)

8259 Mini Bulldozer (I just couldn't resist the cuteness)

I used to mostly build Technic in the late 80's / early 90's, but I'm a bit put off by the transformation Tehcnic did in the later 90's - I want my Lego to look like Lego, not like plastic Meccano. But maybe I'll try to find some older sets on ebay.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a lot of fun building the coming years, especially since I have a little son who hopefully will grow up and appreciate Lego the same way I did. Also, this forum seems great!

Edited by bjorn77

Welcome! That rediscovery feeling is amazing!

I'm about half a year into my rediscovery of LEGO myself, and I'm loving every bit of it.

I know the feeling, my underlying love for Lego burst out last year. So my planned "party-room" ended up as a lego-room :laugh: