Kintobor

Heroica RPG - Quest #61: Grim Grinning Ghosts

OOC: If you wish to pick a tombstone, use the numbers provided. The tombstones on screen are there just as a visual aid, to get an idea of the area. Simply bold which number you wish to search, and then we'll go from there.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

"I know this one! I know this one! We can use a location spell to determine where they are hiding, and I know just the one." The automaton places his hands together and bows his head in concentration. He seems to call upon the forces of nature to focus all of his powers towards their current task. His hand darts towards the first grave, one digit extended ominously. His hand begins to move from grave to grave as he chants, "Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch a Brobric by the toe, if he falls and goes kersploot, then blame it all on a guy named zoot. There you go, if my magic is as good as it used to be, then they must be there, behind lucky number 7"

Edited by joeshmoe554

Amma looks sceptical to the excited automaton. "Okay..., let's try lucky number seven then. ", she says lifting one eyebrow.

Amma looks sceptical to the excited automaton. "Okay..., let's try lucky number seven then. ", she says lifting one eyebrow.

The party approaches the tombstone...

To the party's surprise, one of the ghosts pop out!

8550088966_dab2dc9e3e_t.jpg

"Oi! How did you know?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are two ghosts left...

Edited by Kintobor

"Hah! I still got it. Well, I've done my part, who wants to go next?", the automaton said with an air of pride in his voice.

"I think I'll let you guys do the puzzles."

"Don't worry me lad, you shouldn't be sad." he turns to Jeaux "You sure are an egghead, now let's find this bloody undead!" Damn me! I forgot to the voice! STUPID STUPID STUPID. The other heroes were confused as to why Heckz was hitting himself.

Confused, Zoltan glares at Heckz. He looks over to his fellow party members.

"Did he just call himself stupid?"

Edited by LTPro

Amma is almost driving crazy apparently like all her party members as well. The hyper automaton has just found one of the ghosts on his first attempt just by singing a silly song she never heard before. Now he sat back and seemed to grin at the party. The other mage was getting mad, formulating other stupid rhymes that don't make any sense and was hitting himself all the time. The knight stood around doing nothing but looking confused at the mage and hearing things no one else could hear. The second ranger was quiet as usual. The world seems to turn around Amma and the party and gets dizzy. "Gnaah, what shall I do? I have no idea where to look next!" Stupid task. Maybe she should try it on the same way like the automaton did? She rummages around in her memories for similar phrases. "Wait, I have one!", she shouts.

"Ip dip doo,

the rats got the flu,

the ghosts will get it too

and out goes you."

Her finger stops at Number 7. "Are you kidding me? Waaah!" She looks around frantically. Suddenly the tomcat appears behind tombstone number 4. She points at tombstone number 4 losing her temper finally. "There he is! There! Do you see him all?"

But there does not seem to be anything...

Edited by PsyKater

Confused, Zoltan glares at Heckz. He looks over to his fellow party members.

"Did he just call himself stupid?"

"GAAHH, the knight can read my thoughts!" Heckz tripped and got a little bit away from the knight. He looked at Amma. "Yes, sureee, we all see him...." Heckz got away from Amma and got closer to Zoltan.

She points at tombstone number 4 losing her temper finally. "There he is! There! Do you see him all?"

The party approaches the tombstone. Before they can reach it the tombstone cracks in two!

8550089138_d61b6aa8eb_t.jpg

"One tombstone down!"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Blue is ruined

Red is on of the ghosts

What tombstone will the party investigate next?

Edited by Kintobor

OOC: So does this mean 2 tombstones are ruined or 1? If it is only one, could you perhaps use a different color in the tombstone list to make it evident which ones are broken and which ones had a ghost revealed.

"Perhaps somebody should toss that mage in a padded room before he hurts himself. I'd try to use my magic to discover the next grave, but alas I'm all out of ether and why break a perfect record." He turned toward the party leader, "If you've got a strategy then you'd best stick with that; however if you're a gamblin' lass, then I'd put my money on number 5"

"WhaT sTRaT3gY? I Was jUsT RUnninG T0WaRbs Th3 caT." Amma looks around, still being furious, but there still is no cat around.

"Well I always hate to be the voice of reason, but it would seem these spooks have made the rest of you go batty or tongue-tied. I think I'll take a quick siesta and let Jeaux take over from here."

The dark color receded from the automaton's surface as Jeaux's personality returned to consciousness. "From what I can, there is no more strategy to this than random guessing. As such we may as well pick a tomb so we can move forward quickly. I have a feeling our quarry may be more difficult to locate once the sun has risen."

Heckz looks around the Tombstones. "This may be a little difficult....Mhmmm... may I try singing a song like you Jeaux?"

"A song?" A question mark formed on the mechanoid's smooth face. "I don't see any reason why you can't, though I also can't see how it would help our situation."

"....though I also can't see how it would help our sit--"

"Fine." He started singing a song in an awful voice and in the end he said "..number 3".

"You should try singing some time, it helps your mind work:"

Edited by Eric Su

Well, then Number 3. :wacko:

The party investigates the tombstone.

A flash of lightning blinds the party momentarily! When they adjust their eyes the tombstone has been cut straight down the middle of it!

"Bravo, bravo, encore, encore! C'mon lads, you can wreck more tombstones than that!"

8548988315_6f5102a00c_t.jpg

"Marco!"

"Polo! Haha! Swing, batter batter batter swing! Heaha! Two down!"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Which tombstone will the part investigate next?

"Damn it!" Heckz thought for a while until he sreamed with the top of his lungs one word "MARCOO!"

"Since we are merely selecting graves at random, any guess is as good as any other. I'll just go ahead and guess 5 if that works for the party leader."

Edited by joeshmoe554

"MARCOO!"

"Polo!"

"No Ivan, I was going to say "Polo"!"

"Well it's too late now! Marco!"

"Polo! Ha haha ha!"