Kintobor

Heroica RPG - Quest #61: Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jeaux keeps one of the bombs to replace one of the bombs he used to dispatch the ghosts, and hands the other to Em. He turns to the rest of the party, "It would appear our mission here is complete. We should head back to the church and inform our employer that his cemetery is one again a place for the dead to rest in peace"

"Oooor we could go to Violet and Aldus to see how they are going..."

The Party

8166070567_0eaa8039b6_t.jpg

Stigveladi ("Amma") Kötturin (PsyKater)

247 years old dwarven Mage (f)

Level 11.5

Power: 14 (Lvl 11 + WP 3)

Health: 12/16 (Base 4 + Lvl 10 + Cat Statuette 1)

Ether: 3/15 (Base 4 + Lvl 11)

Gold: 21

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3), Cat Statuette (+1 HP)

Inventory: Fragment of an Opal (Gem; Ice), Scroll of Inspiration, Bedroll, Potion (2x), Grand Potion, Tonic (2x), Smelling Salts, Venom, Murky Pearl (worth 25 gold)

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554) *Party Leader*

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Power: 16 (Level 10 + WP: 5 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense: 0

Health: 15/15 (base HP: 5 + Level bonus: 10)

Gold: 18

Equipment: Eminus (WP: 5; bow) *envenomed*, Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear)

Inventory: Bow (WP: 4; bow), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom x2, Potion x3, Holy Bomb x1, Ice Bomb, Remedy, Handy Suitcase (SP:-2, usable by anyone. Allows the user to use two items in combat instead of one, as if they were Hastened.)

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious. (emjajoas)

Race: Human.

Class: Ranger.

Level 9

Power: 15

Health: 8/14

Gold: 8

Equipment: Bow(WP:5), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows)

Inventory: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion x5, Remedy x3, Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Venom, Ice Bomb

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 7

Power: 10

Health: 5/11

Ether: 11/11

Gold: 17

Equipment: Cheap Wand (WP 3)

Inventory: Opal (Ice), Bedroll, Tonic, Murky Pearl (Worth 25 gold)

photo-thumb-32837.jpg?_r=1362378824

Zoltan (LTPro)

22 Year Old Male Human Knight

Level 7

Power: 9

Defense: 2

Health: 5/16

Gold: 10

Equipment: Shield (SP: 2), Longsword (WP: 3), Ball and Chain (WP: 3, suitable for knights and barbarians. Has a 1/2 chance to stun the targeted opponent.)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy, Grand Potion

As Jeaux begins to hand out the loot, a glistening glow appears from one end of the cemetery. Rays of sunlight stretch across the tombstones as the party is greeted by the early morning's light. The tired party trudges back to the church, their mission complete. As they pass Jerry's grave, they notice the trio of skeletons no longer there, as they had said they would. As they get closer to old building, they can hear Father McCreary and Mr. Timmins talking to one another. The two notice you, and Father McCreary smiled for the first time in front of the party, his face brimming with joy!

8548989457_6445a50065.jpg

8548990323_3fc0416d6b_m.jpg

"Wonderful, simply wonderful work! I watched that last spook rush out of the cemetery like there was no tomorrow! I cannot express my gratitude in words, so I will simply give you the promised reward!"

He reaches into his robes and pulls out five large sacks of coins, as well as five pieces of parchment.

"70 gold coins and the title of "Ghostbuster", which will be displayed for you back at the hall! I was doubting my decision in working with your organization, and there was a moment or two I considered you lot not capable for the task, but what I've seen here today has proven that come next issue, we'll immediately come to you. Besides the point, Mr. Timmins, what do you have to say about the possibility of extending your position here? After all this mess, we're going to need-"

8550086744_aa54e16f6f_m.jpg

"Oh no, Father, sir! I don't wish to be rude, but after this incident, I'm retiring! I'll stay here for the week to assist in repairs, but after that no way! I'm moving someplace where there ain't no ghosts! Like Dastan! Now, if you heroes don't mind, I must be off. You have my thanks as well in this affair, but if you don't mind I need a cup of coffee. My nerves are shot after all this ghost business."

Mr. Timmins leaves the group and heads back for his shack. Father McCreary simply chuckles.

"It always baffled me as to why he kept that job of his. I don't think he realizes that Dastan is the home of many large dragons! Well, in that case, I best write up a classified to find a new grave keeper. Anyways, I wish you best of luck in your endeavors, and a good day to you!"

Father McCreary gestures to the party and departs back into the church, smiling as he does so.

8548989663_0ed59bcc38.jpg

With the party's wallets were much fatter, and the prestigious new title made them feel important. They were about to head off when they noticed a couple leaning on the fence outside the church. Both we're smiling to the best of their abilities, and as the party drew closer they realized it was Violet and Aldus.

8548983805_33333db653.jpg

8548983649_2689d67ca6_t.jpg

"Good morning heroes! We were worried that we missed you! Myself and Violet would like to give you something as a token of our appreciation for helping us get back together last night."

Violet reveals a beautifully stunning gold ring that glistens in the sunlight!

8548988725_9d7a1423d1_t.jpg

"It's said to... bring good health to whoever wears it. Since both me... and Aldus are dead, we thought you'd like it."

8550086778_34b45b9846_t.jpgLover's Ring (Artefact, Accessory: Max. Health: +2 while equipped)

8548983649_2689d67ca6_t.jpg

"We only have one, so you'll have to decide who gets it, but we at least wanted to thank you for assisting us."

8548988725_9d7a1423d1_t.jpg

"Thank... you."

With the ring in the party leaders hand, the two zombies smile at each other and depart, holding hands, as they slowly walk back in to the cemetery.

Party Leader, who will recieve the Lover's Ring?

Level 11.5

Health: 12/16 (Base 4 + Lvl 10 + Cat Statuette 1)

Ether: 3/15 (Base 4 + Lvl 11)

Gold: 91

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3), Cat Statuette (+1 HP)

Inventory: Fragment of an Opal (Gem; Ice), Scroll of Inspiration, Bedroll, Potion (2x), Grand Potion, Tonic (2x), Smelling Salts, Venom, Murky Pearl (worth 25 gold)

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Gold: 88

Equipment: Eminus (WP: 5; bow) *envenomed*, Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear)

Inventory: Bow (WP: 4; bow), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom x2, Potion x3, Holy Bomb x1, Ice Bomb, Remedy, Handy Suitcase (SP:-2, usable by anyone. Allows the user to use two items in combat instead of one, as if they were Hastened.)

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious. (emjajoas)

Level 9

Health: 8/14

Gold: 78

Inventory: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion x5, Remedy x3, Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Venom, Ice Bomb

32 year old male Mage.

Health: 5/11

Gold: 87

Zoltan (LTPro)

Level 7

Health: 5/16

Equipment: Shield (SP: 2), Longsword (WP: 3), Ball and Chain (WP: 3, suitable for knights and barbarians. Has a 1/2 chance to stun the targeted opponent.)

OOC: Nobody leave yet! We don't want another 56 on our hands! One last decision, and then I'll release you from my captivity! :grin:

Edited by Kintobor

"Heckz Brutenhal, The Ghost Buster! Now that I think about it, it sounds as if I f----d a ghost :wacko: " Heckz looks at the gold ring and he turns to Jeaux "I don't need it."

Jeaux passes the ring to Amma, "You led this party for the vast majority of this quest, so this ring should be yours. If you wish to give it to someone else, that is your choice."

Em grins, patting his wallet. "Aye, I agree that Stigveladi deserves the ring."

Nodding to his party members, he prepares to take his leave. "Unless any of you have any business with me, I think I'll be off to the Hall."

OOC: I'll wait for Amma to respond, and then I'll wrap the quest up with a big red ribbon.

"Thank you Jeaux!" Amma says, while equipping the ring instead of the statuette. "You did a great job as well! "

I think I still have a Venom too much. I am not sure though. But I don't think I kept a Venom for myself.

Edited by PsyKater

The Party

Level 11.5

Health: 17/17 (Base 4 + Lvl 10 + Lover's Ring 2)

Ether: 15/15 (Base 4 + Lvl 11)

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3), Lover's Ring (+2 HP)

Inventory: Fragment of an Opal (Gem; Ice), Scroll of Inspiration, Bedroll, Potion (2x), Grand Potion, Tonic (2x), Smelling Salts, Venom, Murky Pearl (worth 25 gold), Cat Statuette (+1 HP)

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Equipment: Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear)

ava-em.jpg

Level 9

Health: 14/14

32 year old male Mage.

Health: 11/11

Zoltan (LTPro)

Level 7

Health: 16/16

With the Lover's Ring distributed to Amma, the party looks up as the church's bell begins to call in a new day. It was a long, stressful night of ridding the malicious spooks from the cemetery, but as the party left the church grounds, they could all agree on one thing:

They could all use a good nap.

8548989295_6ea8c2eff8.jpg

THE QUEST WAS SUCCESSFUL!

The Party

Level 11.5

Health: 17/17 (Base 4 + Lvl 10 + Lover's Ring 2)

Ether: 15/15 (Base 4 + Lvl 11)

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3), Lover's Ring (+2 HP)

Inventory: Fragment of an Opal (Gem; Ice), Scroll of Inspiration, Bedroll, Potion (2x), Grand Potion, Tonic (2x), Smelling Salts, Venom, Murky Pearl (worth 25 gold), Cat Statuette (+1 HP)

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Equipment: Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear)

ava-em.jpg

Level 9

Health: 14/14

32 year old male Mage.

Health: 11/11

Zoltan (LTPro)

Level 7

Health: 16/16

OOC: Congrats on surviving my first quest, and thank you for participating! I hope you enjoyed your time under my wing, and I hope to see you again soon! I'll have my overall opinions of the quest once I get a chance to, but you guys did an excellent job! Your free to hang around here and role play your way out of the area with your fellow quest mates, or head back to the hall.

Until next time, best of luck to all of you!

"I think we are done here. We did a great job, didn't we? It was fun to be here together with you."

"See ya!" Zoltan headed back to the Heroica Hall.

Edited by LTPro