Shadows

Aperture Academy Mafia School: Day 2 - Clap, Clap, Clap

Of that list Davey strikes me the most as odd. His voting behavior is off!

How?

His voting behavior is off!

Sure, Ricky was a little wild at first, but it was in character. Who here is COMPLETELY new to this scum hunting besides me? That's why I came to the academy (well, besides soccer of course) - to learn how to hunt. I know nothing about special skills, roles, etc other than what's been said here since our arrival. If you look back, I was doing a good bit of roleplaying at first too (and from the latest post from Shadow, it seems like that's a good thing). I toned it down as the hunt got more serious too. So was Ricky actually being wild and was told to be more discreet, or was he just being the mascot?

I'd expect most scum (especially newbie scum like we supposedly have here) to be quiet and try to sneak by. Maybe that's just my personality talking though.

I was just trying to role-play *cough* be the mascot. :grin:

I suspect the scum to be quiet as well. It seems to me that the loud guys from the day before were all town.

Nothing to date has made me think any differently. I will.

Vote: Andrew Clark (Clanure)

Please try to change my mind Andrew, at least show up to class.

I don't understand why you voted this way. Is there posts that I didn't read or something? I am pretty sure he is a town. Makes me wonder...

Quote info above at previous post

Yeah you shouldn't jump on people for voting habits this early on--we've only had one vote, so it's not like you can see any pattern or anything.

I still have no idea whom I'm going to vote for this day. It's a tough decision since we still have no good information. We thought we had a good led last time and we're now three Town down. I still don't know anything about role abilities, and how we can assume what they are? Being a new student, I don't know anything, and I don't know why others know about them and what they do.

@Mary Jane I agree with you about Ricky he's bound to be bouncy he's the mascot!

I have a bone to pick with you now though!

Well, I think the telling thing is that Bobby Busch never voted. In fact, unless I missed something (and the EB search did too), he never even posted in day 1.

Not quite sure why you are picking on me? Maybe you should pay a bit more attention in class?. I said Hi on day 1, commented about the (band) nationals and tried to vote! I got my vote format wrong (as I said above your bit). I tried to vote for Bud but due to a clerical error on my part it didn't get counted. I didn't throw out any accusations on day one because as I said before I wanted to listen and see how if I felt a vibe (that's pretty much all we can do initially right?).

Since you don't seem to be paying attention I guess I will vote for you! The school needs people who pay attention! I'm not sure if you are black mesa or just trying to cause trouble for me because I'm a music nerd in the band but we need everyone here to be vigilant!

Vote: Mary Jane (mostlytechnic)

An apology may get me to unvote for you!

Am I the only one around here that feels like this class of 22 19 people feels more like a class of 10 ?Yeah maybe people don't have what to say or try to find a hint,but at least they could give opinions.I also have my suspicion on Andrew,but seeing how my intuition guides me wrong i won't vote ,yet.Bob you're acting childish by the way,too much role-play and voting for someone who voted for you ,then asking for apology?I'm not saying you're a scum,in fact i can't see you as one,but still.

Am I the only one around here that feels like this class of 22 19 people feels more like a class of 10 ?Yeah maybe people don't have what to say or try to find a hint,but at least they could give opinions.I also have my suspicion on Andrew,but seeing how my intuition guides me wrong i won't vote ,yet.Bob you're acting childish by the way,too much role-play and voting for someone who voted for you ,then asking for apology?I'm not saying you're a scum,in fact i can't see you as one,but still.

Everyones entitled to their opinon Antonio! :sweet: Too much roleplay what? We're kids at school aren't we?

I don't think MaryJane (mostlytechnic) voted for me so that's hardly tit for tat? I'm voting for her because she isn't paying attention! That can't be good for any of us?!

When people make mistakes where I come from they say sorry?

I was just trying to role-play *cough* be the mascot. :grin:

I suspect the scum to be quiet as well. It seems to me that the loud guys from the day before were all town.

I don't understand why you voted this way. Is there posts that I didn't read or something? I am pretty sure he is a town. Makes me wonder...

I voted for someone that has only checked in a couple of times and has made a requisite comment that had nothing to do with the ongoing conversation. He was also about the last to vote yesterday when his vote didn't count for anything because the majority had already been reached. If you are pretty sure someone like that is town, then that tells me a lot about your afiliation as well.

Unvote: Andrew Clark (Clanure)

Vote: Claire Standish (LegoDad)

Andrew is a town and I know it! Perhaps he is being a little stupid ( sorry Andrew) and doesn't understand it? But anyway, he is a town so that is why I am unvoting for him. For Claire, I just have a gut feeling she's a Black Mesa. No she didn't do anything major. I just feel when I read her post that she is a scum. But I would love for her to prove me wrong! Sorry Claire. :sadnew:

Ricky, you have a message. Also, I don't think you can unvote someone that you had not yet voted for. You are unable to "unvote" my vote if that is what you're trying to do.

Andrew is a town and I know it! Perhaps he is being a little stupid ( sorry Andrew) and doesn't understand it? But anyway, he is a town so that is why I am unvoting for him. For Claire, I just have a gut feeling she's a Black Mesa. No she didn't do anything major. I just feel when I read her post that she is a scum. But I would love for her to prove me wrong! Sorry Claire. :sadnew:

How do you know Andrew is town? Could you give us evidence to back it up. Also, gut feelings are not the best evidence to go on. Can you tell us about anything scummy you found in Clarire's posts

@Mary Jane I agree with you about Ricky he's bound to be bouncy he's the mascot!

I have a bone to pick with you now though!

Not quite sure why you are picking on me? Maybe you should pay a bit more attention in class?. I said Hi on day 1, commented about the (band) nationals and tried to vote! I got my vote format wrong (as I said above your bit). I tried to vote for Bud but due to a clerical error on my part it didn't get counted. I didn't throw out any accusations on day one because as I said before I wanted to listen and see how if I felt a vibe (that's pretty much all we can do initially right?).

Since you don't seem to be paying attention I guess I will vote for you! The school needs people who pay attention! I'm not sure if you are black mesa or just trying to cause trouble for me because I'm a music nerd in the band but we need everyone here to be vigilant!

An apology may get me to unvote for you!

My apologies then - I posted that without reading all through the day 1 posts. I was studying the votes, realized there were only 21 votes from 22 people, and compared to the student roster. I realized you were the missing vote, so I used the EB search to look for posts by you in the Mafia section. It said none so I believed it without double-checking. And since there's several of you band nerds around, I didn't recall for sure who has said what all the time. You all look alike in those silly uniforms. What's WITH those hats and plumes anyway? You'd never find a cool person wearing that. We wear practical stuff - either normal clothes or team uniforms that make sense.

You jocks are always so mean to the Band! Apology accepted but my vote is sticking! you shouldn't be mean to us guys and gals in the band we represent the school at the Pep rallies and football games! Surely we deserve some respect for that?

Ricky, you have a message. Also, I don't think you can unvote someone that you had not yet voted for. You are unable to "unvote" my vote if that is what you're trying to do.

I am trying to unvote Andrew if that's what your wondering. I thought I can unvote anyone.

I am trying to unvote Andrew if that's what your wondering. I thought I can unvote anyone.

Sorry, no. You can only unvote your own previous vote.

Sorry, no. You can only unvote your own previous vote.

Oh, well I can't edit posts. So I don't no what to do. :wacko:

Oh, well I can't edit posts. So I don't no what to do. :wacko:

You can wait until the first vote tallies come out and see if your vote was counted. If it was, you can do whatever you wish as far as keeping your vote or not. If it was not counted(which is my guess), then you have a clean slate to work with.

This would be fun. :grin:

Unvote: Claire Standish (LegoDad)

So, now nobody would be voted for. :laugh: No, seriously, I am glad that we now know why you voted so weird yesterday. You did not knew better. (Or try to pretend that).

But I am really curious why you "know" that Andrew is town. Because you are scum and he is not on your team?

Why, you will ask. Because in my opinion you are only a distraction with your talking numbers are important and bla bla bla; secondly you said: "Bud being Town doesn't 100% surprise me, but he was so unhelpful that it didn't matter." Our goal as tonwie is to survive as many as possible and I think this is a contradiction, even if it isn't useful, it is important that he survives.

Interesting, I haven't brought them up since my summary of Day 1, and it just now bothers you? Seems like you may be trying to pile on an active townie trying to get others that are uninformed to vote alongside you. If you truly think that a town member that is a huge pain in the megablocks(Bud) is an asset, than I have no idea how you think you will ever come out victorious in a scenario such as this. Bud was a distraction, pure and simple. His removal, even though he was town, allows us to focus on others that are scum. Our goal is not to survive as many as possible, it is to get rid of scum. End of story.

What do you actually mean by that? And try to explain, not quote your last post

Hmm todays observations so far, not much so far but some intresting pointing fingers at each others. Gives an deja vu feeling from yesterday, nobody but the scum no whats going on and everybody accuses each other back and fort and the spies who ever they are put some fuel in the fire.

this is my observations about nothing so far

What?! Dude, can you at least explain your vote better than your gut feeling? I'm really inclined to vote for you after your shenanigans so far.

Post of the year. :laugh:

How do you know Andrew is town? Could you give us evidence to back it up. Also, gut feelings are not the best evidence to go on. Can you tell us about anything scummy you found in Clarire's posts

Actually, while I disagree with his vote against Claire, I partially agree with his stance on Andrew. Quiet as he's been, I don't really think Andrew is a priority for today; it's the people who are talking enough to stay out of trouble yet still saying nothing of actual substance that we want to go after.

You jocks are always so mean to the Band! Apology accepted but my vote is sticking! you shouldn't be mean to us guys and gals in the band we represent the school at the Pep rallies and football games! Surely we deserve some respect for that?

Why are you still basing suspicions off of roleplaying?

Why, you will ask. Because in my opinion you are only a distraction with your talking numbers are important and bla bla bla; secondly you said: "Bud being Town doesn't 100% surprise me, but he was so unhelpful that it didn't matter." Our goal as tonwie is to survive as many as possible and I think this is a contradiction, even if it isn't useful, it is important that he survives.

Ping.

What?! Dude, can you at least explain your vote better than your gut feeling? I'm really inclined to vote for you after your shenanigans so far.

After some stuff (a.k.a secret none-of-your-business) I regret my vote for Claire. Turns out my gut feeling was wrong. :sceptic:

apertureacademyv2.png

Craig Anheiser (Kristel) - 2 votes (Brickington, Tohst)

Wendy Beamish (Wedge09) - 3 votes (esurient, mostlytechnic, mencot)

Newton Crosby (debricker) - 1 vote (purpearljellyblob)

Bud Fox (Tohst) - 15 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, PsyKater, LegoDad, Fred Daniel Yam, Kristel, Tamamono, Antonio, -obelix-, Captain Nemo, Bob, jamesn, Clanure)

Davey Osborne (Mencot) - 3 votes (Debricker, Jedi master Brick, badboytje88)

Ricky Sanders (Brickington) - 6 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, Wedge09)

You did not vote for Bud in Day 1, which is consistent with what you've said here.

However, it is interesting that you think Bud should be here.

Have a think about what Day 2 (today) would be like if he survives.

After some stuff (a.k.a secret none-of-your-business) I regret my vote for Claire. Turns out my gut feeling was wrong. :sceptic:

Can you please share what changed your mind?

Hi guys, sorry for being so quiet. I've been in my room, going over (and over and over) the class transcripts and my own notes and still feel like I'm running around in circles.

Looking at the voting patterns, the only thing that jumped out at me was the three votes late in Day 1 for Wendy. This was from Lucy, Mary Jane and Davey - all three of these were on my radar. I mentioned yesterday why Davey was on the radar. Lucy and Mary Jane I didn't name openly, but I did mention that those were flying under the radar were also in my sights. Lucy and Mary Jane were on that list.

Then I start thinking, what is this telling me? A scum block voting together, so that they could each say "hey, look I didn't vote for Bud? But why wouldn't they just vote randomly then, given Bud's fate was sealed. Heck, they could have even voted for Bud without raising suspicion because plenty of us did so yesterday based on Bud's behaviour. So, I ditch that theory and start again.

But I just end up wearing down the carpet in a neat little circle pattern. I know I'm not actually helping with all this, but I feel a need to express the frustration I am feeling.

And then I come out of my room and we have this:

I'm getting a sense of deja vu - that someone who is town is going to end up being expelled because of his erratic behaviour. We can't afford for that to happen again.

Ricky, I would love to hear an explanation for this and also for why you are so adamant that Andrew is town. If you regret your vote, why don't you unvote Claire?