Shadows

Aperture Academy Mafia School: Day 2 - Clap, Clap, Clap

If being Bud Town doesn't surprise you, why you don't say anything?? Even if he doesn't cooperate, I think it's important if he is in or out our class.

I said it now because hindsight is 20/20. If he does not cooperate, he is of no use to the town, plain and simple. Does he boost our numbers by 1? Yes. But the behavior hurt us and cost us a days lynch that would have definitely been used somewhere else had he been cooperative and not combative. I was ready to pull the trigger on Ricky until Bud wouldn't drop the schtick.

After going through the Day 1 posts and votes, these are my thoughts:

-Davey seems to have it out for me, as a townie, I find this scummy, but he may just be a townie thinking I appear scummy.

-Ricky went wild early on, and then toned it down significantly. Was he told to? Bud acting the way he did saved Ricky probably.

-Andrew's late vote for Bud was about all he did all day. He was very quiet and did little in helping the town. His vote was also worthless at that late time.

-If my notes are correct, Wendy and Davey never gave out numbers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-1984, or 1+9+8+4 = 22 students. Probably a coincidence, but something I have noticed.

-We had some very apathetic students, though 1 was Newton and he was town, so I'm not reading too much into that yet.

I said it now because hindsight is 20/20. If he does not cooperate, he is of no use to the town, plain and simple. Does he boost our numbers by 1? Yes. But the behavior hurt us and cost us a days lynch that would have definitely been used somewhere else had he been cooperative and not combative. I was ready to pull the trigger on Ricky until Bud wouldn't drop the schtick.

After going through the Day 1 posts and votes, these are my thoughts:

-Davey seems to have it out for me, as a townie, I find this scummy, but he may just be a townie thinking I appear scummy.

-Ricky went wild early on, and then toned it down significantly. Was he told to? Bud acting the way he did saved Ricky probably.

-Andrew's late vote for Bud was about all he did all day. He was very quiet and did little in helping the town. His vote was also worthless at that late time.

-If my notes are correct, Wendy and Davey never gave out numbers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-1984, or 1+9+8+4 = 22 students. Probably a coincidence, but something I have noticed.

-We had some very apathetic students, though 1 was Newton and he was town, so I'm not reading too much into that yet.

The reason I was out for you was... yes I think you acted strange, but as Maybe you noticed (probably not when you still accuse me) I change my mind latter on.

And as it was pointed out in the second info today, names don´t seem to matter getting the spies. So lets observe strange behaviour

I had a read through Day 1.

Ms. Dragonsworth made a comment on this comic that had me thinking.

Town might have an investigator, protector and vigilante.

Scum might have a blocker and killer.

Many of us suggested that Sloane might be the Town vig, who was targeted by the Scum killer.

What Day 2 did not reveal, is outcome of the other roles.

We know that numbers, names etc. probably lead us to nowhere, so we have little information to work with.

My hands are tied at this point.

Can we please stop going on about the student numbers. Don't even give tell us number things that are probably just coincidences or of no significance. Going through number things like that look like at a glance you are contributing but you really are not. It just makes you look like you are helping but you could just be scum trying to look less scummy by posting meaningless information.

I agree with Cameron, I think Bud was just being too enthusiastic about his first day in school.

I can understand why Newton and Bud was targeted.

But I cannot understand why Sloane was targeted.

Also, can anyone confirm that the dark minifigure in the comic is a confirmed Black Mesa scum?

It's not confirmed, but a simple process of elimination leads us to that conclusion. Sloane was seen packing a large wrench into Newton's bag, which means 99% that she was the one who got him expelled. She too was expelled, and turned up Loyal, so she can't be the scum killer or the serial killer (which there probably isn't). This basically means that she was the vigilante, leaving the last figure for scum/sk. Since I don't see the sk going for a metagame kill (plus, there's usually a scum kill on most nights), the black figure is probably Black Mesa.

Scum might have a blocker and killer.

Good eye, Lucy. :thumbup: I feel like you're right there, although I certainly hope you're wrong (the more PRs the better; especially with one already dead). :laugh:

Three Townies in one night!? Seems like we are on a wrong trail

My thoughts exactly, way to chatty to be a Townie, but seems like I was wrong...

Also, as several people pointed out, what does the number of Black Mesa matter, we need to find every one of them.

Nice job summarizing what everyone else said, buddy. Got anything else of your own to add? :sweet:

Nice job summarizing what everyone else said, buddy. Got anything else of your own to add? :sweet:

Not much, except this: first I thought that someone who talked too much would be a Black Mesa. Now, while I am not 100% sure of it, I am leaning to the opposite as there are people who said almost nothing so far.

I don't have anything to talk about and I haven't been PMed by anyone talking about investigation results, so there's nothing I, myself, can contribute except some comments and suspicions based on people's actions yesterday.

I know that night action results are more important and productive than plain old suspicions (n.b. yesterday), so I'll wait a little for someone to post a little birdie's results before I air out my thoughts.

Well it sucks that we're down so many townies so soon. I don't know anything about character abilites (Like what they do, not really what they are), but it seems to me--and others--that we need to get that Mesa killer out fast.

Remember people: B-Aggressive B-B-Aggressive!

Can we please stop going on about the student numbers. Don't even give tell us number things that are probably just coincidences or of no significance. Going through number things like that look like at a glance you are contributing but you really are not. It just makes you look like you are helping but you could just be scum trying to look less scummy by posting meaningless information.

You talking to me? If that is all you got out of my post than you need to take off the narrow sighted glasses and read my entire post. :hmpf_bad: Only a very small part of my post talked about the numbers. I have already stated that I don't think there is anything to them, you obviously failed to point that out. If you're looking for someone that isn't really helping the cause, the mirror is right over there ----->.(points to the corner) :wink:

Okay, my suggestion is to find the people who are annoyed with trying to figure out if someone is a scum. Because, that's the best I got. Right now I have no clue who's a Black Mesa. Does anyone have any "useful" information?

Okay, my suggestion is to find the people who are annoyed with trying to figure out if someone is a scum. Because, that's the best I got. Right now I have no clue who's a Black Mesa. Does anyone have any "useful" information?

Unfortunately, unless an investigator or watcher lets someone they trust know of some results or got a guilty and comes out and says it somehow, no, we don't. It's very frustrating because without it, we are left to sit and stare at each other and find a reason to think they are scum.

I'm stumped and feel like I'm running around in circles with a bunch of theories leading to more questions rather than answers.

8553477726_54e2cff63e_n.jpg

I think Mr. Shadeaux is sitting back, smiling at our expense, at the moment.

Dragonsworth implies here that there isn't a serial killer amongst us, so it's essentially certain that the black figure was a Black Mesa. I just hope we can track them down starting today!

And there's no point speculating about how many Black Mesa there are; we just need to take it bit by bit, investigating at night and putting our theories together during the day. When there are no more scum we will have won!

But, because in the post I pointed to, Dragonsworth says there may be 3 times as many townies as scum, which suggests there are 5 or 6 Black Mesa have infiltrated us. But bah! let's find scum instead of guessing how many there are.

Thanks, Allison, for linking to this post, as this is probably where I got my number from.

Just to close off this loop, I asked a yes / no question - namely, whether we knew how many scum there were. If I wanted to start a discussion on this, I would have asked how many everyone thought there were. Incidentally, I dug up some old news articles on scum similar to the Black Mesa having infiltrated other schools and, of the articles I found, the ratios were 1 infiltrator for every three students in all except one where the ratio was a little lower. That, and Ms. Dragonworth's comment, suggests we're dealing with five Black Mesa. As a Townie, that number does matter to me when I'm trying to analyse what was said and how people voted. The only ones who wouldn't care are those who already know how many, i.e. the Black Mesa themselves.

Given the number of students all up, my bet is there are more than just those three Town roles (other than vanilla townies). Also, if this is it, then we just have the investigator and protector left. Now that would really suck.

What Day 2 did not reveal, is outcome of the other roles.

I know that night action results are more important and productive than plain old suspicions (n.b. yesterday), so I'll wait a little for someone to post a little birdie's results before I air out my thoughts.

I think we're all waiting for this.

Wow, a guy spends all morning doing up/downs and then watches some game footage and look what he comes back to? I may not spend as much time talking as all you guys, but I prefer action over words and all these words haven't gotten us very far. Rest assured though, that I would very much like to see the scum brought to justice. Right now I'm leaning down the path of those that are the most outspoken as being towny are looking a bit suspicious. Perhaps because I'm not as long-winded as some I don't think those that are a little quieter are anything to be worried about yet.

Ricky certainly had my interest earlier but I think he was just a little over-excited. I'm pretty sure he's one of the good guys. There are a few others now that are looking a bit suspicious.

As it stands, there are a couple of people about whom I feel uneasy. The first is Andrew Clark. Yesterday, he said:

As I see it, so far, we have 2 types:

1. those who talk (and talk, and talk, and talk...). Is this to throw off the scent or are they genuinly trying to root out black mesa? Not sure, but time will tell.

2. those who are quiet. Seems like there are at least a few we haven't heard much from. Is this trying to fly under the radar? Perhaps they(like me) don't have much to say but are carefully doing their research and trying to learn some things.

Oh, and I'm actually number 17. I managed to slip under the radar there. I'm just sayin...

He separates us into two groups (there are still a handful of people who post neither a lot nor very little), which is basically obvious from the start of any situation of rooting out bad guys from an exciting, stimulating, healthy environment such as Aperture Academy.

He also admits he flew under the radar and says he's too busy researching the situation to post more than once in a blue moon. Does he have any research he wants to share at the moment? Comments? Suspicions? No - at the moment, Andrew has excused himself to research and then not made anything of it. If he stood up and told us where is research is getting to, that would be great.

Another person who looks suspicious is Davey Osborne. Mary Jane voted for Wendy because she (Mary Jane) didn't want to join the bandwagon on Bud. The following was Davey's comment:

I am leaning actually against Newton with my vote, because he never gives an real answer nor any explanations for his actions

He complains that Newton shows up and says very little in the way of meaningful things. Eh - that's an acceptable reason to find someone scummy. Davey changed his mind less than an hour later, though:

But my vote before day 1 ends goes

Vote: Wendy Beamish (Wedge09)

I am getting tired...

ZZZZzzzzzz 'snoring'

One would assume Davey had found something out about Wendy, prompting the vote. Counterproductively, Davey provides no explanation for the decision. The reason could have been that Davey wanted to drum up suspicion on another townie. Or was he scared of vote analysis? Regardless, I'm keeping my eye on him.

A third person on my radar at the moment Simone Adamley. At the start of the day yesterday, she was very excited to be part of the Aperture Academy and then dropped out until the end of the day, only returning to vote. Today, she says:

Well it sucks that we're down so many townies so soon. I don't know anything about character abilites (Like what they do, not really what they are), but it seems to me--and others--that we need to get that Mesa killer out fast.

Thanks for stating the obvious. :hmpf:

I know my questions are in the vein of political advertisements, but in the absence of public information (such as investigation results) we can talk about, asking about peoples' behavior is all I can do.

Nota bene I wrote the above several hours ago and only just posted it.

What I have found out is by observing behaviour, is that those that suggest alot of people and feel uneasy with them, I actually get an bad feeling about them. Take yesterday, these people "had an hunch, suggestions on people they felt where bad" then talk started and it would had ended in that someone else would had been voted off if not Bud had started his lunetic acting about being the leader in class. I don´t think anyone will "over act" today so we will see where all this pointing finger takes us.

I won´t at this moment point any fingers because, I don´t have nothing but hunches that was what I went on yesterday, my hunch on newton was wrong seeing the night result, don´t know about wendy

that was a vote more because I didn´t wanna go voting on Bud, my last comment about Bud yesterday:

"I am not 100 % sure on bud either, he is highly annoying, stupied and again annoying but is he really a spy"

As Adriano pointed out, voting behaviour is something we should observe and think about:

"Craig Anheiser (Kristel) - 2 votes (Brickington, Tohst)

Wendy Beamish (Wedge09) - 3 votes (esurient, mostlytechnic, mencot)

Newton Crosby (debricker) - 1 vote (purpearljellyblob)

Bud Fox (Tohst) - 15 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, PsyKater, LegoDad, Fred Daniel Yam, Kristel, Tamamono, Antonio, -obelix-, Captain Nemo, Bob, jamesn, Clanure)

Davey Osborne (Mencot) - 3 votes (Debricker, Jedi master Brick, badboytje88)

Ricky Sanders (Brickington) - 6 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, Wedge09)"

Who voted for who and what the expelled students voted to find the scum

As it stands, there are a couple of people about whom I feel uneasy. The first is Andrew Clark. Yesterday, he said:

Another person who looks suspicious is Davey Osborne. Mary Jane voted for Wendy because she (Mary Jane) didn't want to join the bandwagon on Bud.

A third person on my radar at the moment Simone Adamley. At the start of the day yesterday, she was very excited to be part of the Aperture Academy and then dropped out until the end of the day, only returning to vote. Today, she says:

Of that list Davey strikes me the most as odd. His voting behavior is off!

Of that list Davey strikes me the most as odd. His voting behavior is off!

How?

You talking to me? If that is all you got out of my post than you need to take off the narrow sighted glasses and read my entire post. :hmpf_bad: Only a very small part of my post talked about the numbers. I have already stated that I don't think there is anything to them, you obviously failed to point that out. If you're looking for someone that isn't really helping the cause, the mirror is right over there ----->.(points to the corner) :wink:

What I said was to everyone who had used and look for seeping meaning in numbers at all. The only thing we get go on is any suspicious behaviour, voting patterns and night action results.

Well day 1 totally sucked - 3 loyal townies kicked out.

Speculation about the number of scum seems a bit pointless to me there must be at least 2, a killer and a framer (at least judging by the look of the strip) but who knows exactly how many? Maybe Scum have special abilities that we don't have? Realistically I guess the number is at least four or once we got rid of one or two of them it would be very difficult for them to do anything.

I would suggest that Day 1 votes don't count for much as we were all just pointing fingers on gut rather than anything particularly solid! I tried to Vote for Bud but got it wrong on both counts (vote entry) and subject. When someone outright professes their importance you kinda have to have alarm bells ring in my opinion?

@ andrew Clark (Clanure)

I figured that anyone who talked that much was definitely up to something. Show's how wrong I was! I'm kinda leaning my suspicions towards quieter people now. We should all be involved if we don't ask questions we'll never find out anything! I agree with you in that I figured that being reasonably quiet on day 1 would allow me to get a feel for who I "felt" was what! That didn't work out at all with my vote and I don't want to make the same mistake twice! Band Practice is so important to me I kind think I took my eye off the ball (to speak in terms that would make sense to you).

I don't really know who to suspect or vote for tonight? Normally I would look to outsiders like Adriano as being different and probably a spy but in this case I think that would be stupid as it seems far to obivious to me that Black Mesa wouldn't send in a foreigner as a spy.. That said maybe it could be a double bluff? I haven't got anything to back that up though - we could do with our investigator pulling their finger out!

Just to be clear here I was pointing this out about Bud nor anything you said! :wacko:

@ andrew Clark (Clanure)

I figured that anyone who talked that much was definitely up to something. Show's how wrong I was! I'm kinda leaning my suspicions towards quieter people now. We should all be involved if we don't ask questions we'll never find out anything! I agree with you in that I figured that being reasonably quiet on day 1 would allow me to get a feel for who I "felt" was what! That didn't work out at all with my vote and I don't want to make the same mistake twice! Band Practice is so important to me I kind think I took my eye off the ball (to speak in terms that would make sense to you).

Sure, Ricky was a little wild at first, but it was in character. Who here is COMPLETELY new to this scum hunting besides me? That's why I came to the academy (well, besides soccer of course) - to learn how to hunt. I know nothing about special skills, roles, etc other than what's been said here since our arrival. If you look back, I was doing a good bit of roleplaying at first too (and from the latest post from Shadow, it seems like that's a good thing). I toned it down as the hunt got more serious too. So was Ricky actually being wild and was told to be more discreet, or was he just being the mascot?

I gave my number, that is 02, yesterday.

As stated in my vote for you, you gave it ONLY after getting voted for.

Not much, except this: first I thought that someone who talked too much would be a Black Mesa. Now, while I am not 100% sure of it, I am leaning to the opposite as there are people who said almost nothing so far.

I'd expect most scum (especially newbie scum like we supposedly have here) to be quiet and try to sneak by. Maybe that's just my personality talking though.

Agreed. Anyone have knowledge of these roles that they wanna share - like what info SHOULD we townies be expecting to get from our people with skills, etc?

As Adriano pointed out, voting behaviour is something we should observe and think about:

Who voted for who and what the expelled students voted to find the scum

Well, I think the telling thing is that Bobby Busch never voted. In fact, unless I missed something (and the EB search did too), he never even posted in day 1.

Nothing to date has made me think any differently. I will.

Vote: Andrew Clark (Clanure)

Please try to change my mind Andrew, at least show up to class.