delta7890

[MOC] CLS-91 Annihilator Mech

Inspired by Galaxy Squad's own CLS-89 Eradicator Mech, I thought I'd whip up something of my own. :D Image gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/suWsG

Feedback welcome! I'd love to build this in real life myself, but I'm worried that perhaps some sections of the model would be too heavy. I'd gladly appreciate any tips for making sturdy mecha joints that still offer a full range of movement.

The LXF file has been attached to this post.CLS-91 Annihilator Mech.lxf

Edited by delta7890

Looks great, I especially like the detachable ship. :thumbup:

If I could make an LDD suggestion though, it would be easier to see this feature if the chassis and the ship were grouped separately.

I don't think weight would be too much of an issue with this mech, my son has a good variety of bionicles and the joints I think would be more than up to the task here, but someone with more mecha experience may have a differing opinion, as I've not yet delved into mechs, though it intrigues me.

Looks great, I especially like the detachable ship. :thumbup:

If I could make an LDD suggestion though, it would be easier to see this feature if the chassis and the ship were grouped separately.

I don't think weight would be too much of an issue with this mech, my son has a good variety of bionicles and the joints I think would be more than up to the task here, but someone with more mecha experience may have a differing opinion, as I've not yet delved into mechs, though it intrigues me.

Per your suggestion, I've uploaded an alternate version of the file with the cockpit fighter and primary weapons detached, here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/05464n

Per your suggestion, I've uploaded an alternate version of the file with the cockpit fighter and primary weapons detached, here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/05464n

Close but I meant using the group option in LDD (ctrl-g in a windows OS). Perhaps this will help demonstrate. I took your newest version and created groups out of each set of elements. So there is a group for the shield, weapon, fighter and mecha that can be selectively isolated in the groups tab. Here is my edit of your file to demonstrate what I'm describing, this is my 1st time sharing something with google drive so let me know if its a fail.

Awesome. I'd suggest using some of the earlier more "technic-y" joints, which stay in place but still allow for a large range of motion. I'm talking about these parts combined.

Awesome. I'd suggest using some of the earlier more "technic-y" joints, which stay in place but still allow for a large range of motion. I'm talking about these parts combined.

Hmn! Those look like nice, sturdy joints, though it seems they only have one axis of movement?

This looks great so far. I think the back could use some work. Perhaps you could use better pieces for the rockets?

Hmn! Those look like nice, sturdy joints, though it seems they only have one axis of movement?

Yes, but they're really perfect if you want to add sturdy knees to a mech or if your mech's legs only move forwards and backwards when walking.