Hello all,

Although this truck is almost a year old, I have never found the time to post it. This is my first attempt at really following a real prototype and turning it into Lego. When doing research looking for trucks to build, I fell in love with the Titan series from Mack trucks. You get the true "American" truck feel from it. For a trailer, I built a detachable goose-neck trailer which can carry my Tigercat Fellerbuncher (also 1/16 scale).

1.jpg

This truck is also my first attempt at realistic rear suspension, in which I borrowed ideas from 2LegoorNot2Lego.

img_7413.jpg

As with all of my creations, every feature of the truck is remote control. The truck itself features drive, steering and openable 5th wheel.

img_7427.jpg

As for the trailer, it features completely remotely controlled detachment of the hitch. On the hitch itself, it is remotely tilted and raised from the bed of the truck when the trailer is detached. The locking mechanism was strongly borrowed again from 2Legoornot2lego's amazing trailer.

img_7459.jpg

I also gave some non-Lego LEDS a try in this truck and they worked great and the battery was small enough to be able to hide it.

img_7440.jpg

Overall the truck was a lot of fun to build and drive around, I think the fellerbuncher fits very well as a load.

The video has also become one of the most popular on my channel, I hope you enjoy:

I would love your critique as a builder.

Tim

WOW! You have done some excellent work on this truck. I want to say that a True Mack truck has a Bulldog on it. Good job on the lights too. Does it all run off the Battery box? Another item that would put it over the top is reflective tape. Good work on the overall design.

Bulldog-Mack-Trucks.jpg

thanks everyone!

@Boxerlego - no the non-lego LEDS run off a small watch battery and are controlled with a tiny chip about the size of a 2 x 4 x 2 brick. They are very powerful and easy to work with.

tim

Wow my goal for this year was to get blogged by them for one of my creations, looks like i might as well give up now :wink::sweet: .

tim

Wow my goal for this year was to get blogged by them for one of my creations, looks like i might as well give up now :wink::sweet: .

tim

Mission accomplished. Well done.