Sign in to follow this  
tchuk-norst

MOC: The Unlikely Flying Machine

Taking a break from mechs, I present the Unlikely Flying Vessel!

This beauty has long-spanning origins. I originally built the pilot (Alfred Thruster) when I was going through a "figbarf" stage. Two years after having this guy staring at me from my shelf I decided it was high-time that he needed a ship to surround his character.

ufv1.jpg

There is something just magical for me in the dark-red/ yellow combo (I also like dark-blue/yellow which might be my next ship.) I've been looking for a use for many of the big hulking dark-red pieces found in 8097 Slave I, and this is what I ended up with!

ufv2.jpg

Here's what I consider to be some ingenious cockpit techniques. I was so proud when I saw that all the shapes fit together!

And here is the gallant pilot himself, Alfred Thruster!

ufv6.jpg

For more pictures check out my Brickshelf Gallery. Please, I would love comments or criticism.

Now that is cool!

I'll admit it, I'm partial to Lego's "Dark" colors, (Dark Red, Dark blue, and especially Dark Green.) and the yellow really helps to compliment the color choice.

All of those wonderful curves make everything just flow together, and the shape itself is quite original and cool.

While it can't be seen very well at these angles, the yellow stripe between the two halves is a great touch, as well as the '1" hinting at it's being part of a larger fleet.

Do you have pictures of the rear engines? I can see the 1X1 rounds, but it'd be nice to see what this looks like from the back.

Alfred is neat, and the color-scheme yet again lends itself perfectly to the concept.

I'd say that the gray mask kinda sticks out on the figure, but then again, a full yellow face wouldn't look right either.

So unless you want to try a fleshie head, that mask is probably your best choice.

You've done quite well, can't wait to see the next one. (And yes, please go with Dark Blue/Yellow!)

Edited by SteampunkDoc

That's one of the strangest shapes for a vehicle I've ever seen, combined with one of the most interesting colorschemes of all time and with one of the most ingenious minifig parts combinations.

A splendidly constructed contraption, it's unusual shaping Is very original. I'm also a sucker for swell put together minifig, the flours tie the pilot very nicely to his craft.

This is a most original design, and the colors are fantastic. Looks like something out of a psychedelic anime.

Thank you all for your positive feedback, it means a lot!

Do you have pictures of the rear engines? I can see the 1X1 rounds, but it'd be nice to see what this looks like from the back.

Thanks and check out my Brickshelf. I have a back shot there.