The update includes Brain attack wave 1 pieces. However, there is some bug:

1. The visor cannot be lowered fully on Bulk's, Breeze's and Rocka's helmet, only on Furno's helmet

2. The Brain attack chest armor cannot be attached to the torsos, like the previus two ( 2.0 and Breakout chest armor)

3. The visor can be dual colored (the bottom, wich covers the face and the top, wich is connected to the head). But the print, seen on Furno's visor, cannot be made with coloring and there is no option for it, in the decoration tool.

4. The new flame/ligthning blade also cannot be dual colored. And no option for it in the decoration tool

1 and 2 makes me mad a lot, because I want to give my selfmoc Hero a Brain attack Rocka helmet, but I cant, due to that bug (the visor stuck on the antenna, on the rigth side of the helmet. On Breeze's and Bulk's helmet, I have NO idea whats keeping them from being fully lowered.)

I hope these gets fixed pretty soon, mainly 1 and 2

I meant those above, Superkalle. Have you already forgot about it?

Edited by Greol

The update includes Brain attack wave 1 pieces. However, there is some bug:

1. The visor cannot be lowered fully on Bulk's, Breeze's and Rocka's helmet, only on Furno's helmet

2. The Brain attack chest armor cannot be attached to the torsos, like the previus two ( 2.0 and Breakout chest armor)

3. The visor can be dual colored (the bottom, wich covers the face and the top, wich is connected to the head). But the print, seen on Furno's visor, cannot be made with coloring and there is no option for it, in the decoration tool.

4. The new flame/ligthning blade also cannot be dual colored. And no option for it in the decoration tool

1 and 2 makes me mad a lot, because I want to give my selfmoc Hero a Brain attack Rocka helmet, but I cant, due to that bug (the visor stuck on the antenna, on the rigth side of the helmet. On Breeze's and Bulk's helmet, I have NO idea whats keeping them from being fully lowered.)

I hope these gets fixed pretty soon, mainly 1 and 2

I meant those above, Superkalle. Have you already forgot about it?

Nope, I haven't forgot. :wink:

But I guess i was confused, because when you mentioned Furno's helmet, I thought it was the old one. But now I realize you meant the new one one from 44000 (11280).

So next time we can help each other buy being more clear exactly what part numbers we mean. Fair deal?

There seems to be an issue with parts which support the flex tool, though it's more noticable for those parts with stud connections (i.e. spiral tube, 64230, and 6M chain, 92338).

After one of these parts is placed and connected to another element, when the flex tool is used upon it, it seems impossible to get the unattached end to make any connection to any other part. Also after clicking without making a second connection, the part always returns back to being straight, instead of just remaining flexed (I don't think this was the behaviour in 4.3.5).

I know that in 4.3.5 getting these secondary connections took a bit of trial and error, but in 4.3.6, no amount of trial and error seems to result in a connection. Interestingly, opening a file from 4.3.5 with parts which were flexed and attached at both ends, does not cause any incorrectly placed part errors and the parts remain correctly connected. However, if these parts are subsequently detached at one end in 4.3.6, it is impossible to reattach them in the place they were originally attached.

Edited by Darkblane

There seems to be an issue with parts which support the flex tool, though it's more noticable for those parts with stud connections (i.e. spiral tube, 64230, and 6M chain, 92338).

After one of these parts is placed and connected to another element, when the flex tool is used upon it, it seems impossible to get the unattached end to make any connection to any other part. Also after clicking without making a second connection, the part always returns back to being straight, instead of just remaining flexed (I don't think this was the behaviour in 4.3.5).

I know that in 4.3.5 getting these secondary connections took a bit of trial and error, but in 4.3.6, no amount of trial and error seems to result in a connection. Interestingly, opening a file from 4.3.5 with parts which were flexed and attached at both ends, does not cause any incorrectly placed part errors and the parts remain correctly connected. However, if these parts are subsequently detached at one end in 4.3.6, it is impossible to reattach them in the place they were originally attached.

Can you share some examples. That'd be good, because I'm not 100% sure I understand.

@Greol: Can you show what you mean that the visor is designed to fit Furnos' helmet?

[/size]

I found that it will work if you do like this:

1) Place first half

2) Place ball

3) Slide technic x-axle at end of half

4) Slide second half over the x-axle until it "connects" to ball

But you can also do like this

1) Place first and second half (at the required 2 module distance)

2) place ball.

So it seems you're supposed to build the launcher first (like IRL), and the stick the ball into place.

But it's really odd that you can't put the ball in place first and then "snap" the second half in place (to get the correct distance between halfs automatically). Seems to be some connectivity logic.

(but I agree this is a very odd way).

I tried both of your methods, and they worked nicely. Thank you! :thumbup:

-Toa Of Justice

Can you share some examples. That'd be good, because I'm not 100% sure I understand.

I just opened up LDD to create a few examples and as far as I can see, the flex tool is now working fine for me.

All of the problems I had the other day seem to have just disappeared.

I've even checked the file I initially had these problems with and parts which I couldn't get to flex properly then, are now all working as intended.

I have no idea why it was behaving so odd the other day, but I was working with it straight after updating to 4.3.6, so maybe a reboot was all that it needed.

Ran into this today, not sure if has been mentioned elsewhere but I figured I'd add it into the mix. Purely a colouration issue, tried to do the eyes in black as you can see here (windows 7 install of 4.3.6)

LDD Open copy.png

Ran into this today, not sure if has been mentioned elsewhere but I figured I'd add it into the mix. Purely a colouration issue, tried to do the eyes in black as you can see here (windows 7 install of 4.3.6)

Similar problem to the TMNT head.

TMNTHeadError.png

-Sci

One I found while working on an A-Wing: bounding box of part #3736 isn't right?

8562284285_a2461e4764.jpg

LDD%20Open%20copy.png

Yep, I got that too - it's not unique to Win7 either (and it's particularly vexing, as this part was painting just fine in 4.3.5!)

Edited by Blip

One I found while working on an A-Wing: bounding box of part #3736 isn't right?

8562284285_a2461e4764.jpg

I'd like to have a look at this. Can you share the LXF (or the parts of it where this error is)?

I'd like to have a look at this. Can you share the LXF (or the parts of it where this error is)?

No problemo; let's see if the attachment function works. :classic:

EDIT: on second thought, it might not be the pulley. It could be something with the 1x10 plates as it detects the intersection with a 1x8 plate just fine.

Edited by krispy

The new canopy piece 98102 can’t be attached/placed properly in some cases. Try attaching in Galaxy Squad sets 70704 and 70705 to see what I mean.

Edited by Graysmith

You know how LDD has two 1x1 plates with a clip on top? The older 2555, and the newer 12825 with a rounded clip? This newer part seems to cause trouble with the hinge tool.

In most cases, one can click anywhere on a hinged assembly, and the green movement circle will appear around the pivot point. LDD is usually pretty good at finding this pivot, but with part 12825, I found that I had to click on the part itself, often requiring several clicks to make sure that the part wasn't trying to rotate around the stud.

The most annoying thing happens when using the arrow keys to move a hinged assembly which contains more than one instance of part 12825: instead of moving in whole steps of 18 degrees, the rotation value starts splitting into floating points right away, and trying to move everything back rarely returns to the original value.

LXF example

In this example, the yellow assembly uses part 2555, and the red one uses 12825. See how differently they react, then vow to never use part 12825 in your MOCs...

Seems to work fine for me....

Here's a bug with 59443 connector.

The inner stop seems not to be working, allowing the axle to pass through. This may cause problem in later versions when the bug is fixed.

joiner_bug.png

The most annoying thing happens when using the arrow keys to move a hinged assembly which contains more than one instance of part 12825: instead of moving in whole steps of 18 degrees, the rotation value starts splitting into floating points right away, and trying to move everything back rarely returns to the original value.

Yeah, I see what you mean. That is odd.

These are just the bugs I've found.

bugs.jpg

The pink things are worthless.

The red thinks cannot be adjusted for some strange reason.

The yellow things cannot be painted, or decorated correctly.

The purple thing does not exist in real life.

Last but not least, the orange parts do not connect correclty. Funnily enough, for some reason you can pass an axle completely through the new axle joiner and ball cup varients, but not the old ones. Also, with the new varients, you cannot pass an axle throght the holes in the ball cup, but with the older ones you can.

@Saberwing40k

I'm not sure we can speak of "bugs" in the most of these situations.

• Pink: these pieces need to be make flexible. As only recently LDD introduced flexible parts, simply there are some of these that need to be "flexibilized".
  • Red: similar problem: parts have to be completed allowing adjustment. If I'm not wrong, in some cases you can manually adjust that parts modifying coordinates of parts in the lxf file.
  • Yellow: there are many parts that misses a decorable surface. A wrong decoration could be considered a bug, instead.
  • Purple: maybe these parts will be introduced in sets that will be released soon.
  • Orange: here seems to be some bug. Maybe someone is similar to the one described by Zblj in post #40?

The pink things are not "worthless". When needed, I place in them in the LXF, so the are included in picking lists and when I order from BrickLink. So better to have them in LDD than not.

As for the orange ones: the two new ball cup elements to do not accept x-axles even in physical bricks!

And the 59443 connecter has allready been reported a couple of times, for example in the post just two steps above yours!

The purple thing do exist in real life. It's just that in LDD they are separated to allow building without the need for flex. It has always been like this.

These are just the bugs I've found.

The pink things are worthless.

The red thinks cannot be adjusted for some strange reason.

The yellow things cannot be painted, or decorated correctly.

The purple thing does not exist in real life.

Last but not least, the orange parts do not connect correclty. Funnily enough, for some reason you can pass an axle completely through the new axle joiner and ball cup varients, but not the old ones. Also, with the new varients, you cannot pass an axle throght the holes in the ball cup, but with the older ones you can.

I should mention that the Clockwork Robot head, which you've colored yellow, can be decorated without any errors, though not with the decoration tool. The decorations have to be edited into an LXFML file, after which they can be copied and pasted into any LXF or LXFML without errors.

You can download an LXF I created that includes this part and all other CMF parts from S1-S8, properly decorated when possible. Only a few of the parts in this file have errors: LDD lacks the proper decorations for five of the parts and lacks decoration surfaces for one part, all of which are colored Phosphorescent Green to differentiate them from correctly-decorated parts. Also, the Hula Dancer's hair piece, the Small Clown's hat, and all decorated arm pieces have the decorations misaligned or stretched because the alignment of the decorations does not correspond with the alignment and shape of the decoration surfaces.

Also, the fact that you can not pass an axle through the holes in the new ball cups is not an error. The holes in the new ball cups are designed so that they are smaller, and thus the ball cups pretty much never break, unlike the older ones which were often extremely fragile during normal building and play.

Edited by Aanchir

93568 (Pie with Cream Filling) is not completly colorable. The cream part cannot be colored, it remains white:

93568_error.png

Just like 99250 (Minifig, Neckband with Gold Medal Pattern):

99250_error.png

(Maybe the gold colored part is a decoration, in that case they could better make it colorable.)

And 99243 (Minifig, Headgear Headdress Aztec Bird with Black Feather Tips and Medium Azure Eyes and Cheeks Pattern) where surface around the eye on the left side is colorable, but on the right side not:

99243_error_left_side.png99243_error_right_side.png

Same with 85947 (Minifig, Head Modified Alien with Tongue and Black Eyes, Black Lines Pattern), where the eyes cannot be colored (both the tongue as the eyes should be colored Tr.Fluore. Blue):

85947_error.png

And 85974 (Minifig, Headgear Hair Female Mid-Length with Part over Front of Right Shoulder (and Pink Flower Pattern on Left Side)) where the lock of her hair is not always correctly colorable:

85974_error.png

44302 (Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End)) can be placed on top of a second piece:

44302_error.png

64230 (Hose, Flexible 8.5L with Tabbed Ends (Ends same color as Tube)) has a weird error when using the flexibility tool (and it behaves strange):

64230_error_land_busters.png

LXF file

Edited by Stephan

93568 (Pie with Cream Filling) is not completly colorable. The cream part cannot be colored, it remains white:

Just like 99250 (Minifig, Neckband with Gold Medal Pattern):

(Maybe the gold colored part is a decoration, in that case they could better make it colorable.)

Yes, both of these parts are examples where decorations are included for their coloration, but with the decoration removed, the coloring can be done with the paint bucket tool.

The parts you get straight from the parts palette on the left are undecorated and can be colored in any combination; I felt I was doing more of a service by including the decorated ones since those can't be generated within the confines of the program.

There are some parts that there are decorations for on LDD which I used the paint bucket tool for instead, specifically those that would have garish seams and would lose a lot of detail with decorations in place of painting. Some of these include the Ocean King's crown (there is a "full field" gold decoration included in LDD for this; however, like all decorations it lacks shading from any angle and conceals the part's contours) and the Viking Woman's helmet. Coloring these with the paint bucket tool is hugely preferable, and if you feel the same way about parts like the pie and medal you are welcome to switch the decorated parts out with painted parts in your own files.

And 99243 (Minifig, Headgear Headdress Aztec Bird with Black Feather Tips and Medium Azure Eyes and Cheeks Pattern) where surface around the eye on the left side is colorable, but on the right side not:

Same with 85947 (Minifig, Head Modified Alien with Tongue and Black Eyes, Black Lines Pattern), where the eyes cannot be colored (both the tongue as the eyes should be colored Tr.Fluore. Blue):

I've found some parts are kind of buggy when trying to "paint" the separate parts of them. I had difficulty painting all three surfaces of the Battle Mech's armor separate colors in a recent file, for instance-- I had to go into an LXFML and edit the correct colors in to arrive at a solution. Not sure what the reason for this is. Editing the correct colors into an LXFML works though it becomes harder to tell which surface is which when you're simply reading them as text fields in a sequence, so some trial-and-error is necessary.

I should add that this one is a funny case in that depending on the colors being used, the "highlights" will cover a different amount of the surface. So, for instance, Flame Yellowish Orange on Bright Orange appears to cover a larger area than Flame Yellowish Orange on Black.

Edited by Aanchir

Thanks for clearing these things up! I didn't know that the medal and the pie were decorated (at least I didn't thought about it).

Edited by Stephan

Thanks for clearing these things up! I didn't know that the medal and the pie were decorated (at least I didn't thought about it).

Yeah, it kind of caught me by surprise in this latest update. There have always been a couple decorations in LDD that looked in thumbnail form like just flat fields of color, which I always assumed were glitches. In this latest update there were a lot more of them, and if it weren't for the comprehensiveness of the CMF decorations and decoration surfaces in the latest update I might still not have realized that they were proper decorations, meant to cover an entire decoration surface in a single color. Because of the way LDD treats most decoration surfaces (they generally have corresponding "color surfaces" in the LXFML, even if you can't color these surfaces separately with the paint bucket tool) in most cases you can choose whether to express these painted areas of the parts as decorations or as separate color areas. Separately coloring them with the paint bucket tool is probably preferable in most applications, since the decorations can leave unwanted seams at odd areas, do not get shaded with the rest of a part, and cannot be edited in-program.

Now, LDD is also somewhat inconsistent in terms of what color areas are treated as decorations and what are treated as color areas, even with the CMF parts. In the latest update it seems there was an effort to omit these kinds of flat-field decorations for some series and not for others-- in the case of Series 7, there are several of them, whereas other series have far fewer and seem to prefer the paint bucket for any flat-color painted areas of the original part (like the blue streak, black hair, and black feather tips of the Tribal Chief headdress versus the red lines and gold buttons on the same part). But I'd hardly consider this a bug-- as long as there's SOME way to color parts correctly, then I hardly care whether LDD offers one option (paint bucket) or two (paint bucket/decoration).

Edited by Aanchir

I don't really bother either how the parts can be colored. The most important thing is that we can color the parts just like the real bricks. It is even more awesome when the decorations that are available in real life can be applied to the virtual bricks. That means that we can (better) complete our official sets as well as our mocs. I think the LDD team does a great job updating the brickset with this many decorations (and even some stickers!!). And as a matter of fact, I think that you are a hero; you are doing all the difficult work for us so we -- LEGO fans -- can enjoy the program in all its glory! So thank you for that. I hope that you know what it means to me (and probably the rest of the community also) that you are doing such a time-consuming job for us. I am therefore looking forward to see a long-awaited update of your Decoration Palette! Thanks for making the building with virtual bricks even more fun.