Sign in to follow this  
trawetSluaP

Help with Han's 8258 Crane Truck Modifications

Hi guys,

I've recently rediscovered my love of Technic after a long absence. I bought myself 8258 and have had the issues with 12 tooth gears being crunched. I'd like to use Han's mod but am having trouble find all the nessecary pieces on the Lego Pick-A-Brick site.

Is there an inventory or an easy way to obtain the required pieces? I tried using the "element id" listed in the 8258 instruction booklet but still had trouble finding certain parts.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to Eurobrick's Its a good Idea to but your lego parts from Bricklink.

You can all so make 'wanted lists for future building as well'. :classic:

Rebrickable also has a handy ID guide for all parts, especially if you search for the 8258 model and see the full list of parts (with pictures)

Ok thanks guys will have to check out bricklink. Are the parts sold on there new and official Lego parts?

Also, another issue I have is that some of the pieces from Han's mod are not contained in the 8258 manual so I have trouble finding them. Persistence will have to pay off!

THanks for the welcome!

Some sellers have new parts or jused parts and you can sorted it out off new or jused or how many parts they haved.

If you make a wanted list over there, and then sort "by shop", it would probably be the easiest way of ordering the spare parts needed. Be aware, though, that some sellers have a minimum buy limit. Happy building!

Brick link is great, but sometimes you spend more on shipping than what the parts cost, LOL. I try to buy a little extra when I place an order from one seller, just so it,s worth their while to pack it up and ship it off. I also only buy from stores here in the states because of the high shipping cost if you were to get it from over seas.

Dan