I've noticed that 600 or so decorations have been added, but I can't seem to find them.

Great update by the way.

They exist within the program, but haven't been implemented into the decoration tool or palette yet. Aanchir is extracting them and placing them onto pieces as we speak, I assume.

They exist within the program, but haven't been implemented into the decoration tool or palette yet. Aanchir is extracting them and placing them onto pieces as we speak, I assume.

I see. Well, his hard work is most certainly appreciated. LDD is such a great program.

All thos new parts, but no new technic parts....

So no steering for the 42000 and no X000X liftarms and no 42007 wheels..

To bad!

How are you two seeing these..?

-Sci

If you unzip an LXF and view the LXFML inside, you can see the 5 digit DecorationID numbers in there. So that's how you can "test" various decorations if they fit and how they will work (trial and error) - simply enter a decorationID, save the LXFML and open in LDD and see how it looks.

As for the list of all DecorationID's themselves, I got a list from the LDD Team and passed it on to Aanchir as I know he knows how to deciffer them :classic:. (there might be some internal list at TLG that maps the decorationID's to the correct partnumber/minifig, but if so, it's not something that I get...).

All thos new parts, but no new technic parts....

So no steering for the 42000 and no X000X liftarms and no 42007 wheels..

To bad!

Except for the small actuator 92693. But otherwise I agree that there weren't many Technic parts.

So.... I have "outlines on bricks" back. The option only became un-grayed when I also selected "High-quality rendering of bricks in Brick Palette" (which I've always had off, since it seemed unnecessary). Seems like a really odd coupling.

Oh, thank the maker ! The loss of brick outlines on my Mac since the last OS update has been driving me crazy, but now I have them back - wonderful.

Thanks to LEGO for the bug fix, thanks to Superkalle for posting about the LDD update, and thanks to vynsane for highlighting the fix.

Cheers,

Dr. D.

If you unzip an LXF and view the LXFML inside, you can see the 5 digit DecorationID numbers in there. So that's how you can "test" various decorations if they fit and how they will work (trial and error) - simply enter a decorationID, save the LXFML and open in LDD and see how it looks.

As for the list of all DecorationID's themselves, I got a list from the LDD Team and passed it on to Aanchir as I know he knows how to deciffer them :classic:. (there might be some internal list at TLG that maps the decorationID's to the correct partnumber/minifig, but if so, it's not something that I get...).

Except for the small actuator 92693. But otherwise I agree that there weren't many Technic parts.

Any chance the rest of us could have access to the decorationID list so those who are able to can tinker around with them as well ?

"Take a screenshot" from the "Tool Box" menu now allows you to both choose a folder and filename for the resultant pic . It used to simply dump the screenshot into your operating system's default 'Pictures' folder, with the name "ScreenshotX.png" (with the X being a numeral). Much nicer this way!

Apart from the load of new bricks, also some long-awaited older ones :thumbup: :

- Winch 73037 (now we won't be needing your nicely custom-build one anymore, @Calabar! :blush: )

- "Santa Fe Super Chief" Train Windscreen 2x6x2 6567 :wub:

- Train Front 55768 (which is quite odd, as it is only used in one set - 7897)

Anyway, enough work to do checking and updating my Official Sets entries...

Edited by Sjuip

They put in Iron Man's helmet but left out his visor? Bit of an oversight there eh?

I'm overjoyed that the long Elven hair was added. That'll help me out quite a bit.

On an unrelated note, is there a way to scroll the pattern application window? One would assume that if all these new decals are going to be implemented, it would be a useful feature to have. I'm already having trouble fitting in all the head patterns.

On an unrelated note, is there a way to scroll the pattern application window? One would assume that if all these new decals are going to be implemented, it would be a useful feature to have. I'm already having trouble fitting in all the head patterns.

I've had a similar issue. I suppose changing the resolution on my monitor would help, but I don't want to do that every time I open the program.

The 'ring' (dont know that part number but LDD says its 10067) is super useful, it is a stud to stuc connector which allows for two studs (not clutches/brick undersides/studholes) to be joined together and is very thin so it also acts as a .5l bush but without s crosshole and slides onto any technic axle.

Now I bet it will fit on pins too so maybe thats something to add to ldd since it dosn't currently.

You also get 'half pin and stud with 3l bar', and more new technic parts as well as a lot of technic/system and system bricks.

Edited by SNIPE

The ring is really tricky though as pointed out earlier. It "forces" two studs into each other from opposite sides, i.e. something you can't do IRL (you can see it if you make the ring transparent). And if the LDD Team ever change the connectivity behavior, all models using the "ring-method" will have bricks removed when opening them. But it's fun to play around with. :classic:

The ring is really tricky though as pointed out earlier. It "forces" two studs into each other from opposite sides, i.e. something you can't do IRL (you can see it if you make the ring transparent). And if the LDD Team ever change the connectivity behavior, all models using the "ring-method" will have bricks removed when opening them. But it's fun to play around with. :classic:

is this ring actually meant to act as a stud joiner or is it some minifig part or something

"Take a screenshot" from the "Tool Box" menu now allows you to both choose a folder and filename for the resultant pic . It used to simply dump the screenshot into your operating system's default 'Pictures' folder, with the name "ScreenshotX.png" (with the X being a numeral). Much nicer this way!

I've been able to do this for quite some time now, oddly enough.

Is there anyway to revert to the older version? This one is killing my video card.

If you're using Windows 7, it has a feature called 'Previous Versions' that allows you to change it back. Here is some information on this: http://www.howtogeek...ave-your-files/

is this ring actually meant to act as a stud joiner or is it some minifig part or something

It is used in The Lord of the Rings sets as 'the one ring' that the story revolves around. It doesn't actually connect studs in reality, only in LDD.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Wait are you saying it actually dosnt fit on a stud?

I want bricks that are actually useful not just for design, lego is still quite limited mechanically and that isnt good for me and probably other people.

The stud connector is a good idea if it works because its a spacer for axles and pins and stud connector.

It fits on a single stud, it just isn't deep enough in reality to take studs on both sides at the sane time. Ultimately it's intended as a minifig accessory rather than a building piece as such.