Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #60: Predator to Prey

~This quest is for chosen heroes only! If you wish to play, please head over to the Rules and Discussion to learn how to do so! Thanks.~

title.jpg

3 heroes follow this lady to the docks, hunching over to not get wet. The chosen heroes were:

Party:

ava-jon.jpg

Cpt Jon. Mcency (Skyrimguy)

Level 10.5 Rogue *Dual Strike* *Hastened* *Party Leader*

Power: 26

Health: 20/20

Gold: 74

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:16, fire, dual strike),Sticky gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up) , Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent hastened-effect to the user; suitable to Sarge only; footwear)

Inventory: Amethyst (Darkness), Bedroll, Potions x3, Grand Potion, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Level Up Mushroom, Mulled Wine, Phoenix Essence, Metal Teeth (Headgear, Power +1)

photo-38689.jpg?_r=1359909891

Arnulf Bishop (Shoker86), 30 yrs old male Human Rogue

Level: 4

Power:8 (4+4)

SP: 3

Health: 10/10

Ether: 0

Gold: 23

Equipment: Longsword(WP:4), Tricorn(SP:3)

Inventory: Bedroll, Remedy, Potion 4x, Venom

8413447785_7f6f6ba3b0_t.jpg

Sir Brickington (Brickington)

19 year old human male knight

Level 4

Power: 8 (Level 4 + WP: 4)

Defense: 2 (SP: 2)

Health: 13/13

Gold: 135

Equipment: Great Sword (WP: 3), Triangle Shield (SP: 2), Great Sword Mk. II (WP: 4)

Inventory: Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Grand Potion, Soma

img_3524.jpg

lindsey.jpg

"Heroes, thank you! I have so much to tell you, but first I must ask, we weren't being followed right?"

Thanks for playing, you have 24 hours to confirm.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Lindsey stands and faces Arnulf as they wait for the other heroes to catch up in the rain.

lindsey.jpg

"Ah, your name is.... Arnulf, isn't it? How are you?"

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

" Yes milady, Arnulf Bishop, nice to meet you" Arnulf kissed lady's hands "I'm fine actually, thank you for asking, i' m curious what's your lovely name"

" Yes milady, Arnulf Bishop, nice to meet you" Arnulf kissed lady's hands "I'm fine actually, thank you for asking, i' m curious what's your lovely name"

lindsey.jpg

"Thank you. My name is Lindsey. I saw you and that Capt. Mcency, and I knew you looked like the right people to sneak around unnoticed. And Sir Brickington would be a lovely guard."

" Yes, you are right milady, I'm not stranger to sneaking at all " That sentance made him smile. Sneaking saved his life many times, and Arnulf just entered fourth decade of his life. Mentioning Sir Brickington made him feel a little uncoftortable, but somehow he felt that young knight would do to improve his honour "Yes, I think Sir Brickington will be good guardian, maybe he's young and inexperienced, but i think he is not bad lad" He wanted to say more about Sir Brickington and decided to let Knight prove himself.

Edited by Shoker86

Sarge, takes his hat off as a sign of respect' nods at the lady in confirmation. And gets his first glimpses at the rest of the party. There was a younger looking version of himself. And a knight. In reply to the lady's question, sarge walks up to the shadowy figure behind her, and asks "Were you following us?"

OOC: Epic set captain!

Edited by Skyrimguy

Lindsey looks confused at Sarge's question, unsure who he was talking to. Then, she turns around.... and the figure is gone!

img_3525.jpg

lindsey.jpg

"That was it. I'm sure of it! Do you see what I mean? I'm not going insane. "

QM Note: Thanks Skyrimguy, I like it a lot too. :grin: I'll wait for Brickington before we reveal anything more important.

I Confirm. "Hello my lady, the name's Sir Brickington. I will hope to prove useful and improve my honor in this task."

OOC: I have 55 gold. I am snowed in and will have no power at my house. So I will not have the chance to be here until tomorrow evening, sorry. :/

Edited by Brickington

Sarge turns, looking for the figure. "Dammit he's gone! Where's a crossbow when you need one?! I hate these teleporting bloody mages. No respect. Please continue m'lady. The next shadowy figure to appear will get an arrow to the knee. Now where to find an arrow..."

" Someone was there" Arnulf turned around looking at the spot " I'll go inspect the place a little further, maybe there are some traces , Sarge you may ask lady to show you the treatning letter"

Arnulf goes over to where the figure was seen. All he finds are some crates and barrels. The rain and wind make it impossible to see anything, and they wipe away any clues.

lindsey.jpg

"Of course. Here's the letter, what do you make of it?"

She pulls out a piece of paper. It reads:

"STOP ignoring me! "

QM Note: Brickington- that's okay. Thanks for telling me.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Sir Brickington looks around the ground. "Perhaps he left something on or in the ground." Sir Brickington shovels the wet ground to find something.

OOC: I will be on and off for the next couple of days, but I can't really be doing responses right away.

Edited by Brickington

"I think we have some dude who is obsessed with our lady here" ,said Arnulf after returning from inspection " Sarge, should we make him a trap?" whispered Arnulf to felllow rogue.

" Milady do you remember rejecting some admirer lately, any information could be helpfull?"

Brickington shovels at the wooden planks that make up the docks. He succeeds in making a gaping hole, but finds nothing.

lindsey.jpg

"No, I've never rejected anyone. So I don't know...."

Party:

ava-jon.jpg

Equipment: Demonic Scissors (WP:16, fire, dual strike),Sticky gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up) , Pegleg of Hastening (Permanent hastened-effect to the user; suitable to Sarge only; footwear)

Inventory: Amethyst (Darkness), Bedroll, Potions x3, Grand Potion, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Level Up Mushroom, Mulled Wine, Phoenix Essence, Metal Teeth (Headgear, Power +1)

Level 4

Defense: 2 (SP: 2)

Gold: 55

Equipment: Great Sword (WP: 3), Triangle Shield (SP: 2), Great Sword Mk. II (WP: 4)

"I say we get out of this rain."

OOC: My defenses are 4. I have got a Winged Helmet which is SP: 2.

"Agreed, we should get out of this rain milady " said Arnulf loud enough, and then lowered his voice a bit " He left nothing, and rain certianly helps him" Arnulf loved rain, it made his senses more sharp. He listened for any movment nearby. "We'll have to flush him out, running for him will thin our lines, and i'm not familiar with surroundings, we should proceed carefully"

OOC: Atmosphere screams Film Noir, i love it :thumbup:

Arnulf listens for noise, but all he hears is rain pounding the docks and nearby buildings. The mysterious figure must've been scared off.

Party:

ava-jon.jpg

Level 4

Defense: 4

Gold: 55

Equipment: Great Sword (WP: 3), Triangle Shield (SP: 2), Great Sword Mk. II (WP: 4), Winged Helmet (SP:2)

"Why don't we try to get him in a trap? We can put milady out a lone and then when this stalker comes we trap him?"

"Perhaps a lover that you haven't been taking notice Of? But before we set a trap, we should find out some things. Like when did this start happening, and did you ever see the face? First, let's get out of the rain."

Edited by Skyrimguy

Lindsey leads you to a nearby alley, buildings on both sides protect the party from the rain

lindsey.jpg

"Well, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I had this feeling I was being followed. You know that feeling you get when someone's watching you? Sort of like a 6th sense? That's what I felt. Then last week, I thought I saw a man standing in the shadows of the market, where I usually go. Then I received the note I showed you."

"May we go to your... Lodgings. To look for 'clues?' Then perhaps if we go to the market, we can set a trap."

lindsey.jpg

"Of course. Right this way."

QM Note: I'll update this evening/afternoon again. You can use this time to roleplay, talk, discuss, etc.