Sign in to follow this  
Siercon and Coral

MOC: Insect Collection!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

8534151235_aa7370f6d3.jpg

This is the collection of 10 parts from the "Creepy Crawly" category for the MOCathalon 2013 (team Clutch Builders: Si-MOCs, Blake Baer, Legonardo Davidy, K.Kreations)

So after building one bug... there was just no stopping, and this is the end result!

Lots of inspiration was taken from various builders as battle bugs and lego insects have often been explored. I tried to tag a few key people in the evolution and inspiration of our lego bugs Doctor Mobius, Lino M, ROOK, and Sir Nadroj. Thanks so much for paving the way! If you are a Lego bug fan, take some time to check out their photostreams!

8534151057_c14bc65731.jpg

Panoramic View

Praying Mantis (Family: Mantidae)

8535259432_e954052393.jpg

Purple Flora Butterfly (Family: Nymphalidae)

8535259302_bdb3986264.jpg

Black Wolf Spider (Family: Lycosidae)

8535259234_0064648176.jpg

Black Millipede (Order: Diplopoda)

8535259216_e65af64db3.jpg

Hornet (Family: Vesipidae)

8534150119_9db8a80490.jpg

Burying Beetle (Family: Silphidae)

8534149877_b2c89d2000.jpg

Walking Stick (Family: Phasmatidae)

8534149705_f6ab0384e7.jpg

Other species included in the collection! :)

8534149391_53b3247541.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed!

Woah. Amazing arthropods. Would you consider having your friends here join the GoH creature lore?

-punching screen- :cry2: Gross!

These are really cool! My favorite one has got to be the butterfly. The NPU of the old whip piece is amazing!

-Sci

NPU. Repeatedly. :grin: These are both terrifying and amazingly accurate at the same time. Awesome work, and I love the display. :thumbup: :thumbup:

You never cease to amaze. :oh: Such creativity, and yet again astonishingly creative use of parts to create an incredibly realistic collection.

I think these deserve the widest audience possible, because they are truly beautiful (even if they're bugs!) :grin:

Absolutely fantastic! Funny coincidence, I was just looking at Chinese Praying Mantis eggs earlier today. These are incredibly realistic, beautiful, specimens, I'd love to hang this on my wall :classic:

Wow, you guys are amazing. :wub:

Fantastic use of parts here! Absolutely beautiful, realistic creations. I so want that millipede! :drool:

I'd give you a tag, but there's no room. :sad: Would you be prepared to share tags between you? :wink:

art.png

Beautifully detailed and expertly built...excellent work guys :sweet: It's great to see MOC's of things that you normally wouldn't fathom from lego bricks!

These are awesome, especially the Hornet, Praying Mantis, and Walking stick... Fantastic job! Great use for some of those pieces!

Wow you just do not cease to amaze us. :classic:

Exceptional. While all are great, that mantis really stands out for me. Great job on both the arthropods and their realistic presentation.

I can only reiterate all the compliments given to you two by all the others!

Just absolutely stunning the way such a wide scope of parts has been incorporated into creating these models :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love 'em :wub: even if they're creepy crawleys, but in my house I would prefer them in this LEGO format rather than real :wink:

Simply: one of the most excellent creation collections I've seen. Creative, scientific, educational, artistic, playful. Impressive!

-James Mathis

I'm really not a fan of bugs...but I gotta admit, these bugs I can handle. :grin: As always, you both have such creative ways of using pieces. And the outcome is fantastic and in this case, realistic. Great job! :thumbup:

Hard to believe this is LEGO. Amazing work! You could teach a science class with these.