Meatman

Paul's Porsche 997 GT3 instructions

A big thank you to Paul and Eric for the hard work put into creating these instructions and developing this model :thumbup: . I look forward to buying the parts and building this amazing creation with detailed pictures for a review if one has not been done.

I took a look at the instructions and as always they are really well done. Now the question just to stir the pot a little how would it look in white :grin:

variation1.jpg

I wonder if it is even possible...

Just downloaded the instructions. They are presented very professionally and look great. I especially liked the intro before the actual build giving some background on the actual car and the thoughts from Paul himself, this was a nice touch! The only parts that look a little tough are the 5x11 panels and 6 black bushings, but there are plenty of those on bricklink, so it shouldn't bee too too bad. Now I need to figure out which bricklink store to attack first. :devil:

If you are in the USA, I would try Panda's Technic Palace (the best BL store ever, if you ask me). There is a "Super Lot" ready for some essential parts. I'll be placing a massive order there soon... :devil:

If you are in the USA, I would try Panda's Technic Palace (the best BL store ever, if you ask me). There is a "Super Lot" ready for some essential parts. I'll be placing a massive order there soon... :devil:

Is this the store you are referring to?

Panda's Technic Palace Super Lot

Just made the payment and now awaiting the information to get my hands on these instructions so i can start ordering. @mo_ i was thinking the same and i love the white color so i'll probably will go for that color scheme and mabye throw in some black stripes if possible.

Here is the full parts list... The first thing that I see being an issue building it in White are the smooth toggle joints, because they do not come in white... Other than that, I think it is possible... The 63 connectors would have to be switched to the old style because they don't make those in the new style in white either... 19L white flex axles could become a problem as I do not think there are very many of them left on Bricklink... Also. there are SIX(6) #4 connectors that are pretty rare now in white... There is only one guy on Bricklink who has more than 2...

p499.jpg

Paul, the white 3 stud pins with the stop bush are also getting hard to find. Looks like this white version isn't going to happen outside of painting parts.

Paul Boratko's Lego Technic Porsche 997 GT3 has been added to Rebrickable. :classic:

MOC-0601.jpg

Edited by DLuders

got my instructions and i'm almost done pulling parts. hope to start building tomorrow. i did what paul suggested in another thread and trimed the pin long with stop bush to make the black bushings.

bob

I just finished my copy last night. I've built a bunch of Paul's models, but this one stood out as really going together smoothly. I'm happy to say that as Paul's building skills have advanced, my instruction making skills have gotten better as well. I hope everyone finds that these are easy to follow and without surprises.

porsche1.jpg

I just finished my copy last night. I've built a bunch of Paul's models, but this one stood out as really going together smoothly. I'm happy to say that as Paul's building skills have advanced, my instruction making skills have gotten better as well. I hope everyone finds that these are easy to follow and without surprises.

The instructions are absolutely fantastic and well worth $12, hats off to both of you for you time and effort. I just finished the chassis for the Porsche a few days ago. I did the chassis all in black because I just like the chassis better in black. It is designed amazingly well and works flawlessly. I am going to do a review for the model and instructions after I am finished. I have been taking pictures along the way. I highly recommend the instructions to anyone who is a fan of Technic cars.

I decided to get all of the Crowkillers cars together that I have built and take a couple of pictures. More at my Brickshelf. Which do you like best?

dsc_5406.jpg

dsc_5403.jpg

Edited by Blakbird

I decided to get all of the Crowkillers cars together that I have built and take a couple of pictures. More at my Brickshelf. Which do you like best?

dsc_5406.jpg

dsc_5403.jpg

I like them all! Hard to decide myself!

dsc_5406.jpg

Oh wow, what a line-up. The Vamp is still the best IMO. It has it all, the unique look, the unique build, the unique gearbox, the functions.

So my black edition is finally finished, took me about 3 weeks to source the parts and took about 10 hours to build. As you can see i replaced the soft axles by rigid hoses, because the soft axles were very hard and expensive to get.

Overall i found it a very enjoyable build and clear instructions.

img_0317.jpg

It looks great in black and I really like the way it looks with the rigid hoses!

I'll be starting on a red one in about a week or so. The instructions and design are top notch - great job Paul and Eric!