Meatman

Paul's Porsche 997 GT3 instructions

Or maybe people could wait till Eric or Paul announce it themself ?

Or maybe if some people would learn to read, they would realize the big "Coming Soon" above the Porsche Pic on Paul's Website. Sorry if some people are offended by this.

I apologize, I had seen the renders on brickshelf along with a comment about the instructions being available and I just jumped the gun. I have been waiting for these since last summer. I have a link for Paul's website saved and it is this one http://www.crowkille...odel=vampire-gt which is what you were taken too when you originally went to crowkillers.com, but I see now that he has a main page that I never knew about.

Edited by Meatman

That's cool, I actually appreciate the fact that someone went out of their way to make a thread for this as I don't really like to make threads about my own stuff... Meat, you are also right as my webmaster, Juanjo recently altered my site so now if you go to www.crowkillers.com, it is actually a title page rather than a redirect to my model's pages, which is what it sounds like you had saved... I also had a direct link saved on my desktop that went to the same thing and I was going back and forth with my guy from Spain that my Charity auction wasn't comign up and the problem was that my saved link was the older one and not the direct web address... :blush:

We should have these instructions ready to roll in a few days.. Eric told me last night that it was like 1,800 parts... I have the entire model all sorted and parted out ready to build and test everything out to make sure that we don't have any issues... I also need to get a short video put together for it...

I wondered if anyone would notice those pictures before I finished the instructions. Patience my young Padawan.

I wondered if anyone would notice those pictures before I finished the instructions. Patience my young Padawan.

:laugh:

Paul Boratko (Crowkillers) posted this

of his fantastic Lego Technic Porsche 997 GT3 car:

"2007 Porsche 997 GT3 Designed by Paul Boratko http://www.crowkillers.com/

Instructions Prepared by Eric Albrecht http://technicopedia.com/

Web Design by Juanjo Montilla http://juanjomontilla.com/

"The Wicker Man" By Iron Maiden

1,800 Pieces

Full Independent Suspension

Flat 6 engine with Rear Wheel Drive

6 Forward Speed Transmission

Functional Steering with "Hand of God" system

Opening Hood, Doors, and Trunk"

I thought most cars could reverse,but this car does not seam to have that function.... :blush:

Fantastic car just the same Paul. :grin:

I also had to upload a German friendly video because the original one was blocked in their country because of the music...

I thought most cars could reverse,but this car does not seam to have that function.... :blush:

Fantastic car just the same Paul. :grin:

It was just one of those things where I could either have the reverse and eliminate a forward gear, or go with the more realistic 6 speeds like the real car and eliminate the reverse gear.. I originally designed this model for a friend in Spain and I asked him which he would rather have and he told me that he would rather see the 6 speeds since the car in fact was a 6 speed and it was hard to see that the reverse gear was actually doing anything.

Edited by Paul Boratko

@ Paul Boratko: Your Porsche model has the "lines" of the real car! :thumbup:

3926144275_c10b79198d_z.jpg

Could you not of had a six speed and reverse? :classic:

If I would have gone to a larger scale I probably could have, but it was important to me to keep the dimensions as close as I could to the real thing... Adding another driving ring would have increased the width of the car and threw everything off...

WOW! :sweet: From the video this looks really solid and well built. I cannot wait to start getting parts together for this. Are you going to upload it to rebrickable?(I hope so :wink: :wink: )

Does the black version of this car use any black 19L flex axles?

Looks like there are 5 of them, so much for that :hmpf_bad: Going to have to settle for the traditional red.

WOW! :sweet: From the video this looks really solid and well built. I cannot wait to start getting parts together for this. Are you going to upload it to rebrickable?(I hope so :wink: :wink: )

Looks like there are 5 of them, so much for that :hmpf_bad: Going to have to settle for the traditional red.

The only reason im going for black is cause those 5x11red panels are quite expensive

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&colorID=5&itemID=83419&sz=10&searchSort=P

If I would have gone to a larger scale I probably could have, but it was important to me to keep the dimensions as close as I could to the real thing... Adding another driving ring would have increased the width of the car and threw everything off...

Paul I think mine 911 has the same scale with a 7 speed and reverse gearbox, totally RC and also unfinished :laugh: .

48981243.jpg

Paul I think mine 911 has the same scale with a 7 speed and reverse gearbox, totally RC and also unfinished :laugh: .

That is fantastic, but my gearbox is optimized into the chassis to have room for an "Interior"... I am most certain that I could have crammed a larger gearbox into this model and "RC" it as I have built larger ones in the past, but there is a line that I draw between things that work and things that do not... And in my opinion, motors running through gearboxes are not a great idea. If someone wants to build this and mod it to motorize it, then more power to them, but I wouldn't feel comfortable offering up something that could fail... I am also not a big fan of linkage transmissions because there is too much monkeying around trying to get the proper driving ring engaged... I played around with those designs 8 years ago and they are prone to failure...

That is fantastic, but my gearbox is optimized into the chassis to have room for an "Interior"... I am most certain that I could have crammed a larger gearbox into this model and "RC" it as I have built larger ones in the past, but there is a line that I draw between things that work and things that do not... And in my opinion, motors running through gearboxes are not a great idea. If someone wants to build this and mod it to motorize it, then more power to them, but I wouldn't feel comfortable offering up something that could fail... I am also not a big fan of linkage transmissions because there is too much monkeying around trying to get the proper driving ring engaged... I played around with those designs 8 years ago and they are prone to failure...

The motorization is just to make it more difficult, I like to built in small places with no room :laugh: . The 911 works but is not fast enought for a kid to play with, if you want to park is funny :thumbup: , and it has seats integrated in the chassis but seats :laugh: . I give up the car to make another one and I needed a lot of pieces... as you can see in the pic... :grin: . I forgot it is 4WD too :sweet: .

dscn6564s.jpg

On Paul Boratko's Crowkillers webpage, one can now buy the 67-MB, 166-page PDF Building Instructions for his Lego Technic Porsche 997 GT3. I just downloaded them, and can see that Blakbird's instructions are excellent. A detailed Parts List (for the red version) is included. Thanks to both for sharing this wonderful creation -- it is wunderbar! :classic:

crowkillers-9.jpgcrowkillers-7.jpgcrowkillers-3.jpgcrowkillers-4.jpgcrowkillers-10.jpg

Just downloaded the instructions. They are presented very professionally and look great. I especially liked the intro before the actual build giving some background on the actual car and the thoughts from Paul himself, this was a nice touch! The only parts that look a little tough are the 5x11 panels and 6 black bushings, but there are plenty of those on bricklink, so it shouldn't bee too too bad. Now I need to figure out which bricklink store to attack first. :devil: