Sign in to follow this  
chroute

MOC - The Diamon Shop (a narrow modular)

I would like to present my newest MOC to you, The Diamond Shop. This a narrow modular (8×32). It’s also a bit shorter (if you exclude the sunhouse which is located at the back). The reason for this is a shortage of sand coloured bricks.

(Also my apologies for the quality of the photo’s, I’ve had to make do with an old camera which isn’t capable of very clear pictures.)

the_diamond_shop.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the front:

the_front.jpg

And the back:

the_back.jpg

The following pictures show the ground floor, first floor and second floor. As you can imagine, I had very little space to work with, so the interior that I’ve fitted in is reasonably crammed.

the_shop_floor.jpg

first_floor.jpg

second_floor.jpg

I hope you like it and I look forward to your comments!

Chroute

I've just noticed a mistake in the topic title. It says "Diamon" while it should be "Diamond". I don't know how to edit the title so my apologies for this mistake!

This is really great work on a really confided scale and build space. It really shows what can be achieved on a 8-wide base. Amazing!!!

'Like the diagonal pieces in the facade.

I can see something like this in a downtown-like neighborhood where lot prices are sky high.

Really nice compact modular. So much detail in so little space. I really like the glassed in (plasticed in) area in he back.

Andy D

Brilliantly built, and clever use of what little space there is. I am yet to try building one, but I've tried CAD'ing a few, and I just couldn't get it right. You, sir, have. :thumbup:

I've built an 8-wide modular myself, and know how difficult a task this is - especially when you try to fit an interior. I have to say you've done a great job with it. My favourite detail is an exterior one, though - the trick with the diagonal beams makes it appear even narrower than it actually is. That's a very nifty optical illusion! The colours are great, too, and the glass extension to the ground floor at the back is a great touch. Well done!

This is fantastic. I love the angles on the front, the great colour combination and how you have managed to pack so many details into such a small space.

Just fantastic......cramming as much in there as possible but still space inside to room.......AWESOME designing there 'chroute'. :grin:

I do like the art-deco feel to the front of the building.....Brick On ! :classic:

Very nice! I really like the illusion of the sloping sides (I had to look twice!) The interior details are also great, especially the stairs!

Thank you for the nice comments!

Here is another set of pictures of the modular next to some other buildings. Hopefully I can present these modulars to you in a nicer setting when I've finally decided on a layout for my town.

shop_in_street.jpg

Chroute

Great work! I am impressed how much you have been able to cram into such a small space! :D