deckard9

WIP MOC A6 Juggernaut

Hi Lobot.

It features 10 pairs of LED. 2pairs for headlights, 1 pair for the front cockpit, 1 pair for the med station, 1 pair for the radar room, 2 pairs for the crew quarters, 1 pair in the cargo bay, 1 pair for the rear cockpit and 1 pair for taillights. Its a pain thou to seal all the gaps off, so no light does get out where it shouldn't. Especially the edges of the wedged sides of the cabins are tricky for that.

deck

Edited by deckard9

Hello,

Here's a little more progress:

The finished canon on top... a bit bigger than in the movie, but I think it fits better this way.

IMG_1296.jpg

And a night picture:

_MG_0673.jpg

I am working on the carriage right now...

Here is the finished Cockpit / Radar room section:

_MG_0662.jpg

_MG_0661.jpg

Not enough detail in the radar room thou... got to work on that...

The crew quarters with the gunners on the upper floor:

_MG_0646.jpg

If you lift off the radar room, you get access to the sick bay:

_MG_0658.jpg

_MG_0657.jpg

The sick bay needs more work too.

And finally another driving video (click on the picture for the video - sorry... you can hear my kids fighting in the background... :tongue: ):

th_IMG_1295.jpg

One more... the retractable canons shooting (ckick on pic for video):

th_IMG_1299.jpg

Still missing is some rework on the carriage. And the covers of the carriage - inluding the big shock absorbers on the side - are not done yet.

More soon...

Edited by deckard9

One more shooting... Not much to see thou... fast as lightning - and deadly :tongue: (click on the pic for the video)

th_IMG_1300.jpg

Edited by deckard9

Sooooooo awesome.... That thing is massive! And I am a sucker for LED lighting in a LEGO model. :drool:

Oh wow ! That1s awsome. This is one of the best MOC what i have ever seen. :wink: I love it!

Thanks for the pictuers and videos.

When watching that ninja drop down missile launcher... I giggled to myself! I was watching waiting and wondering what was going to slowly open to launch a missile and then close again... then all of a sudden, this thing pops down, launches and pops away again in the blink of an eye, I love that!I really am in awe of this, it really is seriously impressive! There was one of these for sale from Artifexcreations, which was really impressive too, however, I think yours just pips it for some reason.... It would be interesting to see both of them side by side for comparison.I really like the cockpit and radar room, sick bay underneath....heck.... the lot! Its just really highly detailed and filled with good stuff!

You do realise now, you will HAVE to make instructions for this beast :grin::excited: It would just be blasphemous not to!

Edited by Fuppylodders

Thanks! :blush:

I think this one is about twice as big as the one from Artifex. What the Artifex piece has - what I really like and what is next on my list - is the autoloading rocket launchers on the sides. Right now on this tank, they just open and close, which is pointless. I think, I will include a similar mechanism as the one in the Artifex rocket launchers. -> Then you get the slow opening and firing... :sweet:

As for the retractable launchers... They are controlled by a proportional servo, so you could open and close it slowly too. I favor a fast und surprisin attack thou... :sadnew:

Still missing the hatch that covers the front rocketlauncher. So less surprising after all for now.. Well... still quite a way to go...

Edited by deckard9

Hey there,

Thank you for your comments.

I am taking a break from building right now, because I am a bit stuck and I really hate the fact, that the cannon on top is not doing anything remotely... I am currently thinking about ways to multiply the R/C channels. I'll probably use a servo to switch between forward and rear cannon mode with a PF-switch.... so basically I use one channel to multiply the others.

Right now I am missing the following funtions: side rocketlauncher actually shooting, Top cannon rotating and shooting, Exit door on the rear opening and closing -> That's a total of 4 missing channels.

To get the top cannon do rotate and shoot, I need to redesign the control mechanism that I used for the rear canon. The mechanism in the rear cockpit is 8x8x20 studs big. I need to scale that down to 6x6x16 to fit it in the central pilar in the crew compartment.

Also i need a self adjusting mechanism for the steering. Since the steering for each axle is independent, it has a tendency of loosing sync. So when you turn to the sides a few times the wheels will not all straighten back out the way they did before.

Till now it was a fast build, but in the finishing detail it gets tricky....

This thing is a monster! Awesome! Sorry if I'm bothering you (you probably get this question a lot) But are you thinking of making directions for sale anytime soon? If not, it's ok, I understand.

-sebjbow

I still wonder how the clones would exit the tank. A ladder, a long ramp? Any suggestions?

Im a OT guy so i really don't have a clue, but what about:

Rappelling down ropes ? Think the AT-AT uses them and it seems to work well from a Black Hawk :classic: or perhaps zip lines that could be fired and attached to the ground a bit away?

Nice progress btw! looking good!

Hey there,

Thank you for the comments. I am currently working on some other project. I stumbled across a nice 3D Printer... Need I say more? :) Endless possibilities... I have to finish my 3D printing project til summer.

I'll continue the juggernaut after that.

Deck

I love this...I have been following your progress and this is brilliant work!!

I don't mind the ageing bricks....battle scarred and marks of experience :P Your interior work is top notch and I love the command bridge/cockpit. The mechanical workings looks great and I hope its robust enough hauling its heavy lego butt about :) I'd like to see your cargo hold filled up with supplies, weaponry etc as the A6 could be stocked with enough kit and consumables for nearly a month :)

Amazing work!

Edited by gazumpty

This. Thing. Is. Awesome. I am a big fan of UCS scale machines that are minifig scale as well and look correct on the inside as well as on the inside. The detailed interior and exterior give the builds a sense of completeness that is rare in smaller vehicles.

I like the monster you build. Especially that its actually minifig scale and moving on its own. I would like to see it side by side with some other republican forces. The size would be even more impressive

Edited by mon-o-mat

:wub: :wub: :wub::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool::wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

Please don't spam emoticons like this. Thanks!

This is amazing and is the best clone turbo tank I have ever seen. I'm building my own clone turbo tank and I'm trying to add power functions but only have the frame done, do you have any tips??

Sanoj