Sign in to follow this  
dokludi

Lego Technic 42008 Tow Truck Replica by dokludi

Fair play, lad. It looks amazing.

I am not sure now, would I like it more in green or red. I know for sure I will mod my one in to white!

@ dokludi: Nice replica! Are you going to make a YouTube video that shows its functions? I know that you were using your available parts for the replica. The red color scheme looks too much like a fire truck, so I'm glad that the Lego 42008 is being produced in green (to mimic the real O'Hare Towing wreckers on the TV Show, "Wrecked"):

forblog.jpg844113_program_hero3.jpg

@DLuders the tow truck looks a lot more European than American so I doubt they took inspiration from that show :look:

@DLuders the tow truck looks a lot more European than American so I doubt they took inspiration from that show :look:

It looks to me like a MAN truck.

By the way, well done dokludi. Again! :rofl:

So, now that you have build it before anyone else (exclusive preview!) what is your opinion on this set?

For some reason I am no longer inclined to purchase the 42008 or 42009. Maybe at first the hype from the toy show videos made me want these sets, now I feel like I can wait to spend my money after seeing them built. I wish lego would make new wheels for this scale it looks weird.

Good job on both sets!

For some reason I am no longer inclined to purchase the 42008 or 42009. Maybe at first the hype from the toy show videos made me want these sets, now I feel like I can wait to spend my money after seeing them built. I wish lego would make new wheels for this scale it looks weird.

Good job on both sets!

Exactly my thoughts. Although I'll get all the green parts from it and the yellow 5x11's from 42009 off BrickLink. :sweet: Well done dok. :wink: 42001 shouldn't be hard and I replicated 42005, so it wouldn't be hard for you to get the whole collection... Why not?

Edited by Porty

Good job on both sets!

I couldn't agree more,2013 sets are a huge letdown for me and after seeing 42008 I'm not convinced ether.

The wheels look ridiculous on 42008.

I'm not sure now if ill buy any.

Excellent! That leaves mores sets available for those who can appreciate them. :classic:

I'm not alone! You must be able too see how let down people are this year, iv never seen that any other year which must tell you something!

Everyone can't be wrong :)

Nice replica, looks good.

I'm not alone! You must be able too see how let down people are this year, iv never seen that any other year which must tell you something!

Everyone can't be wrong :)

You and a couple of selected members are not equal to "everybody". I thinks it's going to a good 2h. Both the tow truck and the crane is above average quality in my opinion.

Good job on both sets!

I have similar thoughts but admit that for a beginner/part collector these are very attractive sets. For experts/set collectors I'm not sure.

I think I had too high expectations regarding 42008 and most likely will build a tow truck MOC in similar size instead of buying it. Although 42009 is a beast and has some interesting functions but I don't think it is a truly successor to 8421 (mind the unsynchronized boom and hook). I will definitely purchase it because I collect flagships. I hope that "The Boss" will be something cool...

Great job Dokludi!

Edited by Interceptor

I have similar thoughts but admit that for a beginner/part collector these are very attractive sets. For experts/set collectors I'm not sure.

I think I had too high expectations regarding 42008 and most likely will build a tow truck MOC in similar size instead of buying it. Although 42009 is a beast and has some interesting functions but I don't think it is a truly successor to 8421 (mind the unsynchronized boom and hook). I will definitely purchase it because I collect flagships. I hope that "The Boss" will be something cool...

Great job Dokludi!

Ill also probably buy it as I collect flagships too,but I'm not at all excited as i already have 8421!

What's the boss?

@davidmull "The Boss" crawler is the winner model of last years Technic Challenge, to be released later this year

@davidmull "The Boss" crawler is the winner model of last years Technic Challenge, to be released later this year

It will be an official 2h set? Any pics?

Good job on both sets!

Can I quote my own post? LOL. Anyways, I wanted to clarify a few points so I was not taken the wrong way.

1. Dokludi - Fantastic job on both sets.

2. Davidmull - is right, the wheels are just messed up looking. Same issue I had when I built the 8109 flatbed, but that was still an awesome set in my opinion.

3. Online videos & leaked pictures - the sets look fantastic perched up on their stands at the Lego show with all of that great lighting.

4. I do not know what changed my mind after dokludi built both sets. I will probably still purchase them both due to the part count and assortment, I just won't be the first in line to break the bank.

Overall, still decent sets and some fantastic reversible engineering!!!!!