Sign in to follow this  
francismatteo

No LEGO logo

Hello!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but recently I ordered items from a bricklink store and I noticed that some of the items didn't have LEGO logo on it.

The items were minifig utensil axe and minifig utensil hand cuff. My question is, are these items fake?

Thanks.

I have the photos but its blurry, I'm using only cellphone cam. I need to find decent cam for this.

I was thinking if this is the same as quality issue. I noticed also that they are same quality as the parts from the recent shell promo LEGOs.

Are there any markings on them? There are some parts that legitimately do not have the logo. But there are also a lot of clones and knock offs on eBay. Bricklink dealers are normally pretty good about that. And the parts can be matched to their database.

Edited by Faefrost

Are there any markings on them? There are some parts that legitimately do not have the logo. But there are also a lot of clones and knock offs on eBay. Bricklink dealers are normally pretty good about that. And the parts can be matched to their database.

I don't have any at my disposal at the moment, but I'm 99% sure the handcuffs don't have a logo on them. Not sure about the axe, however.

About the markings I can see c inside a circle "copyright" symbol. I can't find any markings on my spanner/screwdriver. I search the net for images for spanner/screwdriver I can't find any markings on it.

I have some handcuffs that came in an actual LEGO set I bought that do not have a logo on them so at least some do not. Cannot lay my hands on an axe right now but will try and find one later.

the handcuffs i have dont have a logo on it either. they came from the forest police car set. neither do the ones that came with the lego city police book.

About the markings I can see c inside a circle "copyright" symbol. I can't find any markings on my spanner/screwdriver. I search the net for images for spanner/screwdriver I can't find any markings on it.

This is the minimum that are written on LEGO bricks, a copyright symbol.

I noticed this piece doesn't have LEGO on either of it's studs. I thought it was bit peculiar because it does have studs :sceptic::classic:

Indeed. In that case it was perhaps a functional decision, as that part could be used as a piston connecting rod (is this the correct technical name?) and friction with the piston part may have been a concern.

Indeed. In that case it was perhaps a functional decision, as that part could be used as a piston connecting rod (is this the correct technical name?) and friction with the piston part may have been a concern.

That makes sense. I did notice they have a but of trouble holding a 1x1 round plate (used them as a differential on a MOC) :classic:

The studs on that piece are odd. Not only do they not have the Lego logo, but they seem to be slightly smaller than regular studs and have very weak clutch power with bricks. They were used in engines with the old 2x2 pistons, but it doesn't seem like the logo would have brushed against anything.