highlandcattle

review : 10156 LEGO

I always had a soft spot for this one, and its cousin the Legoland california one. I could never decide which I liked better... Nice review!

God Bless,

Nathan

I bought my 2nd one during my christmas vacation in Virginia on sale for $4.99 at the Tyson's Corner LEGO store. I agree, it's a great classic style set *sweet*

I bought my 2nd one during my christmas vacation in Virginia on sale for $4.99 at the Tyson's Corner LEGO store. I agree, it's a great classic style set *sweet*

Good price! Say Hobbes how much did you pay for those BNSF @ TRU. I plan on buying one this month and want to compare prices.

Thanks for the review. I like this classic set, but don't have it... Maybe for a nex rerelease...

I like the chrome part, but they will be better with a dark truck.

This truck is great, thanks for the review!

I have the original one from 1997 (bought in Belgium at the time) and the re-release (bought in Hamburg's Legostore). I bought them mostly for the chrome parts, I needed those for the big cars like my avatar.

There also is a difference (a part from the exhaust mounting) concerning the stickers of this set. The re-release has black surroundings around the Lego text in the stickers, the 1997 version doesn't.

Some time ago I built a huge crane on the re-release, as can be seen here (clickable Image):

p2130050.jpg_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the review. I like this classic set, but don't have it... Maybe for a nex rerelease...

I like the chrome part, but they will be better with a dark truck.

You can still get them on shop@home, alex.

Wow! What a great set! And what a great review, awesome job! *y*

I really do like this truck, and after reading this review, will probably buy it soon!

Good price! Say Hobbes how much did you pay for those BNSF @ TRU. I plan on buying one this month and want to compare prices.

Unfortunately full price, which is EUR 41.99 in Austria...

Thank you! I think that it wouldn't be on it, it's on it for a very long time now... Great new... I just wait a little before buying it (no money for lego today, after the new fire sets...)

I regret not buying this a few months ago from S@H (or was that the original version I saw back then?) because that one was on sale for about $4USD, for this latest release they want $15USD |-/

Yup, was on sale, then limited to a freebie when you buy the giant classic airport exclusive, then gone

till now its back but full price. X-D *kicks self*