Captain Nemo

Review: 76007 Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack

Thanks for the review, Captain Nemo!

It's really detailed :sweet::thumbup:

I'm definitely going to get this set. I love the 'civvy' Tony Stark and it's great to get Pepper as well :classic:

Gotta love the fact that they included Dummy in this set, too :tongue:

Regards,

Mitch

Brilliant well written review with high quality input on your content. I enjoyed the entire review very much and followed closely on the flow of the review. Well done, Captain Nemo.

I am having doubts on this set and I am not impressed with the set until I read this review which give me lots of positive vibes to reckon it as a form of good and fun playset despite of the lack of a full scale structure. You have done 'just' to this set.

Thank you for sharing. As what Rufus had said, it will be a breeze for you in the Reviewers Academy.

The Mandarin will make an excellent elf wizard. After being yellowified. His hairpiece is also well suited for this.

Thanks for the great review. I was already leading toward buying this set, but your photos have nonetheless encouraged me.

The Mandarin could make for an excellent wizard, maybe by combining his parts with the Kingdoms wizard.

And that evil henchman- I love that head, especially the angry side. Dark elves for the win!

I'll try to get these on BL.

Thanks for the review. I was already going to get this, but it's nice seeing some things close-up also. Finally having Pepper! I love getting more females in my LEGO world. The suit is awesome looking and having a civilian Tony is great too.

I actually like how Mandarin turned out and it does stink they covered up that torso. I will probably want to use it elsewhere though for MOCing, but it looks great! I actually don't care too much for the Extremis infected people though and GITD is lost on me, but my 3 year old daughter loves that feature. I'll probably give the figure to her.

And I may be the only one, but I actually like the helicopter. I think it does look menacing instead of squished.

Thanks again. I can't wait to see this first hand.

Thanks for doing this fantastic review! :thumbup:

I think this set is nice as well, it has a lot of good details and parts. I agree that chopper is pretty weak and I will probably have to use it for spare parts.

The minifigs all look great, nice to see civilian Tony and Pepper.

Hopefully one day we will get a D2C Mansion or Stark Tower. :wub:

Overall, I agree this set is a good 3.8-4/5.

Great review nad pics =D

I don't think the heli looks too squished, I think it's a pretty cool design =) It is a repurposed civilian chopper in the trailer I think, so makes sense not to be as bulky as Deadpool's.

Agree on the hair too. I bought that hairpiece in black specifically for helmet-less Iron Man, and it looks really good. I recently tested the brown from Commish Gordon and, while more accurate, it doesn't look as good. Perhaps because comics Tony has black hair and so in the charicatured form that is the minifig, the more simplified black instead of dark brown looks more "right".

I don't own this set but it's another one that makes me think "I can EASILY do so much better!". Not that I will. It's just so simplified from the scenes.

I do like that you get Pepper though. Lego still doesn't give enough female characters!

Edited by BrickG

Wonderful review! I will try to pick this up. I really like the kitchen and HoA. And of course, Pepper and what I call 'premium' Mandarin. What is the play feature with the tools? It is on the box.

Wonderful review! I will try to pick this up. I really like the kitchen and HoA. And of course, Pepper and what I call 'premium' Mandarin. What is the play feature with the tools? It is on the box.

Thanks! There's no play feature with the tools, and the sounds on the box are for the robot. The computer above does spin though.

Thanks Captain Nemo for the great review!

If I wasn't sold on this set before, I am now.

I'll probably try to pick this set on sale, but even if I have to pay full price, it'll still be worth it.

A good, generic female torso, lots of great hair pieces, all the main IM3 characters, and some cool explode-y things....Come on, what's there not to like? (Other than the chopper. :grin: )

For a first review, this is fantastic, are you sure you haven't been secretly doing these for years and just not posting them?

thanks very much for the review...

love to see the detail inside the mansion... :D

the blender lol

Captain Nemo, are you aware of any holes or empty spaces at the bottom of the Malibu Mansion that could indicate a possible add on the Mansion itself, similar to the Jabba's Palace as it has four holes at the bottom of it so you can eaisly place it on top of the Rancor Pit?

Captain Nemo, are you aware of any holes or empty spaces at the bottom of the Malibu Mansion that could indicate a possible add on the Mansion itself, similar to the Jabba's Palace as it has four holes at the bottom of it so you can eaisly place it on top of the Rancor Pit?

Ooh. This would be great. I'd love to be able to build a full 'hall of armour' beneath the mansion.

No theres no holes or anything. That would be nice, but I feel like this is a one off set. Plus, from the trailers, it looks like this house is not going to be around much longer anyways--and Lego does not seem to want to make sets based off the previous movies--so I think this is the best mansion we'll get.

Do you guys think a gandalf beard in black would have looked better on the Mandrin.

This is the first Lego set I've purchased and I'll be honest, I only bought it so I could have the mansion, Tony and Pepper, and DUM-E with his fire extinguisher. The Mandarin, Extremis soldier, and copter went right onto eBay. So you're partly right on people buying it for the minifigures. lol

Nobody told me I'd be bitten by the Lego bug and end up trying to expand the mansion to look more like the movie version. The workshop should be downstairs not in the living room! I have to wonder why Lego didn't do a workshop set and a mansion set so the two could combine. I would have bought them.

This is a great review, and I love your sense of humor. Looking forward to more reviews!