wooootles

MOC: Barnes & Noble / Starbucks Store

Hello all,

Here's my latest addition to the Wasabi District... Barnes & Noble / Starbucks Store!

EDIT - I UPLOADED IT ON LEGO CUUSOO - LINK HERE - PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!!! Its size alone makes it a longshot, but what the heck, right? :tongue:

Interest on this MOC has become as strong as my other 2 big MOCs. Since this one is only roughly 50% larger than an official modular set, I have uploaded it on CUUSOO!

-I estimate this at 3500 pieces, but it's fully tiled. Removing the tiled flooring will likely save a few hundred pieces.

-For the most part, it adheres to TLG's modular standard. This MOC however sits 2 plate thickness higher than official sets, but that's just because my layout demands it---one can easily build this straight on a baseplate.

Again thanks for the support, and please spread the word! :grin: :cry_happy:

Here's some sample pics...

8525887352_30f67bee55.jpg

8526143776_2f6ed868be.jpg

8524772191_c41589eb0d.jpg

8524771507_ae91874ea0.jpg

8524773609_5b8cd5971d.jpg

8525887592_c08ee2a2c4.jpg

8524771029_4cfc96ec4d.jpg

NOTES:

-My 3rd largest MOC

-Easiest of my big 3 to build, because there aren't much rooms compared to the apartments I've made

-Experimented with waterslide decals, IMO I had mixed success. I would like to try it again, though. Only used decals on important pieces; decaling every single "book" is lunacy!

-I hope to create a city block with nothing but brand names, with this being its signature store.

Here's the rest of the images! Plenty more inside so please take a look.

Comments and Suggestions is appreciated. Thanks for looking all!

Edited by wooootles

This is the work of a genius, a brick-built wonder :wub: .....such interior detailing is fantastic, 'wooootles' AWESOME job and thanks for raising the bar again ! :laugh:

Brick On 'wooootles' ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

The gently curved shop corner is fantastic, and the dark green and orange (?) everywhere is very nicely done. The varied yet subtle textures you put everywhere are lovely as well.

Great job - it looks just like every Barnes & Noble I know.

There's so much to enjoy in this MOC; that's a great set of colours and textures on the facade! And I really like the 1st floor carpet - it must have driven you mad building that pattern.... The details above the entrance. It's all done really well

Yay for overpriced coffee and free wi-fi!

Thanks for sharing it with us

Like I already said on Flickr: That's a beautiful building with a great interior.

I can't wait to see the whole Wasabi District!

Thanks for looking guys!

...and the dark green and orange (?) everywhere is very nicely done.

It's called "Medium Dark Flesh" on Bricklink. Bought a bunch while they were relatively cheap!

I really love the color scheme you have used. The interior detail is quite realistic. It would have been such a fastidious work to include decals on all these books. I really like what you have made. Any idea on what will be the next building in the Wasabi district?

Edited by kinggregus

Great job! This really captures the feel of Barnes and Noble. As pretty much the last remaining book store chain in the US, this makes me a bit nostalgic, but nonetheless, this is one of my favorite modular MOCs.

Really nice and the bookshop in particular looks great. Looking at the Barnes & Noble decals on the front of the shop I would say they have worked very well and look like printed bricks.

I also really like your aircon units on the roof - and will be pinching elements of the design if that's OK with you? :sweet:

Cheers

Rog

It looks really realistic inside and outside! Very well done and thanks for sharing!

I really like the LEGO corner.

Thanks all!

I really love the color scheme you have used. The interior detail is quite realistic. It would have been such a fastidious work to include decals on all these books. I really like what you have made. Any idea on what will be the next building in the Wasabi district?

A restaurant, possibly, or an electronics store, and only 32-wide. I'm going to try to update this thread more often.

Really nice and the bookshop in particular looks great. Looking at the Barnes & Noble decals on the front of the shop I would say they have worked very well and look like printed bricks.

I also really like your aircon units on the roof - and will be pinching elements of the design if that's OK with you? :sweet:

Thanks! Sure you can :sweet:

Thanks all!

A restaurant, possibly, or an electronics store, and only 32-wide. I'm going to try to update this thread more often.

[/size]

Thanks! Sure you can :sweet:

Or a hardware store. :wink:

A very stylish build. Excellent work. The colour combination works very well for me. I like the offset shape. Well done!

Normally not a fan of homemade stickers, but these turned out great and are subtle enough to look fantastic! Whole building looks great

That is just an awesome moc! You really captured the atmosphere of the bookshore and starbucks!

Or a hardware store. :wink:

Yes, that too!

Normally not a fan of homemade stickers, but these turned out great and are subtle enough to look fantastic! Whole building looks great

Thanks, the waterslide decals seem to be the middle-ground between stickers and actual printed bricks. Like I said in the OP it's something I want to tackle again and do better, though it has its limitations (can't print white on clear decals)

Appreciate the comments, all!

Definitely recognizable as a Barnes & Noble! You captured the feel of it very well, looks like every multi-story store I've stepped into. The decals all look really great.

Well done. A combination of bookstore and Starbucks is my favourite. Back to the building, a colour combination is great with dark green. The building is impressive on both the outside and inside. The decals add a nice touch. Well done! :thumbup:

The exterior colors and interior layout are perfect! Excellent work, congrats!!

Edited by RoxYourBlox