Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

MOC: Ancient Greece

Since I was at holiday in Athens in the summer of 2010 it have been my dream to build an ancient Greek LEGO layout. But my mother and I did also have many other building projects. Therefore it was not possible to start before January 2012. It took 10 month to build the layout.

It’s our largest MOC. The area of the layout is 2.3 x 2.8 meter.

The layout shows a typical Greek town from around year 400 BC. The name of the town is Legopolis. Symmetry, harmony and geometry were importation values in the Ancient Greece. Therefore it have been our goal to build a town in that style.

14-17. February 2013 the layout was exhibited at LEGO World in Copenhagen.

greece_small_10.jpg

greece_small_20.jpg

greece_small_25.jpg

greece_small_30.jpg

greece_small_40.jpg

greece_small_50.jpg

greece_small_60.jpg

greece_small_70.jpg

greece_small_75.jpg

greece_small_80.jpg

greece_small_85.jpg

greece_small_88.jpg

greece_small_90.jpg

greece_small_91.jpg

greece_small_95.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66344850@N06/sets/72157632900664334/

More pictures:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=522053

Edited by Lasse

This thing is truly amazing! I really love every detail in this great MOC, especially the theater and orange-roofed civil houses. The number of little scenes and additional models is incalculable, and it looks very lively.

Wow. Your MOCs are getting bigger and bigger.

This is such a great layout you have made. There are so many details worth mentioning: the statue, Trojan's horse, the theater, the tiles, ... I do not think it could have been made in a better way.

Edited by kinggregus

This is a fantastic work! There's too many wonderful details to point out. The horse is fantastic and is cleverly put behind the hill as a surprise element. The roofs are typically Mediterranean. The theater building has a great roof detailing and the front stage has a lovely detailed background. All in all, I am still fascinated (after several times of going through your post). Well done. :thumbup:

P.S. You seem to be spending lots of quality time with your mum. :classic:

Incredible MOC *huh* The size alone is impressive but the details are even better, the roofs on the houses look superb and I love the theater :thumbup:

The scale of your MOC is just breath-taking!

I like the 'life' you and your mum have put into this with all the minifigs busy with one thing or another.

The building behind the stage with the 2 men on the 2nd floor is nice. As is the amphitheatre!

very, very nice! I especially like the roofs!!! Just brilliant!

Impressive build! I wish you had more photos of the temple. And congrats on getting frontpaged! :thumbup:

Seriously one of the most impressive builds of the past few years......just AWESOME....everything right down the giant wooden house......hope those in Troy like it ? :laugh:

Brick On 'Lasse' ! :classic:

Absolutely beautiful! You've really captured the essence of Ancient Greece, and all the details and references make this one a true delight to view. :thumbup: My favourite details have got to be the amphitheater and the acropolis.

The only few pointers I have that the layout is perhaps a bit too symmetric, especially with the houses and the market stalls. Some "orderly chaos" would not hurt. :wink:

It's amazing work, especially great idea with tiled roof. Also i like the legs of citizens, the theatre and ships are very nice.

Finally there is a post on Eurobrick! After I saw some parts of the work from pictures of the World Copenhagen I was wondering if I will ever saw closers details. Really well done, so amazing.

Someone had an archaeology lesson, I like! Really good stuff, especially the pastas-houses. :thumbup: (or is it prostas ... ? Ah, that was ages ago...)

The only few pointers I have that the layout is perhaps a bit too symmetric, especially with the houses and the market stalls. Some "orderly chaos" would not hurt. :wink:

On the contrary: Hippodamos rules! :laugh:

Edited by Flieger

Epic. The scope and style. The idealized Ancient Greece.

My only question is why the Trojan horse? It was built on the shores of Troy out of one of the Greecian's ships. The only logic for it to be in Greece is that it is a reenactment.