Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

MOC: Ancient Greece

How many bricks are in there, approximately?

50000 I guess. But I have not counted the bricks.

It's really amazing! I especially like the roof with the tiles and the minifigure's legs. The Trojan Horse is a nice bonus too (I think you already knew it wasn't built in Greece, right?).

The only thing what is not very accurate, is the large building (skene) behind the amphitheatre. That wasn't there in ancient Greece, they preferred a open back, but had a really small skene to dress (as all characters where usually played by 2-4 persons). The Romans, on the contrary, had a large building at the back.

This looks like a really good town model from ancient times. I bet it is fun to play out the little scenes that are going on there. I think I would have a great time playing with that using the scene as a base for a wargame or something, maybe the tribe from which those prisoners have been captured looking to rescue them and the soldiers having to defend the town. Maybe a traders boat pulls in from a far off land that have not known before and brings all his strange goods to trade. Perhaps some hostile boast come up to the shore there? Maybe some citizens from a neighboring town on their holidays are not so familiar with the offerings to be made in the temple and the locals get offended and hound them out of the city. So many possibilities there with such a great town. Well done with it, it offers many possibilities.

Breathtaking! This build is absolutely massive. It must have taken some serious patience to get all of that detail in. Outstanding!

Did you base the statuette on any person in particular?

The statue in the park is inspired by Athena.

My only question is why the Trojan horse? It was built on the shores of Troy out of one of the Greecian's ships. The only logic for it to be in Greece is that it is a reenactment.

I know that the Trojan Horse does not match the year and location. It was build in Turkey around year 1184 BC. But because it’s one of the most well known parts of the Greek culture we decided to place it in the layout. And it was the most popular part of the layout at LEGO World.

This is absolutely incredible! I love the tiled roof, and that mountainous bit in the midde must have an insane amount of pieces. :thumbup:

EPIC! The amphitheatre, the Trojan Horse, the temple,...I can't count all the wonderful details. Wow!

This is incredible *huh* The level of detail and sheer scale of the build is mind-blowing. I could look for ages and keep seeing more things!

Lasse, you and your mother have been quite thorough in incorporating aspects of ancient Greece into this creation. You've even gone so far as to include a Trojan Horse - I am in complete AWE of this MOC!

Unbelievable. This should definitely go in a museum of Ancient History. You should think about sending your pics to the Parthenon museum in Athens. I think they will be happy to fund you for a copy to be hosted in the museum.

This is amazing! So many details in such a large display. One thing that struck me immeditely was that because of the size of the display and be colors chosen, the photos of the overall display looks like a painting instead of a LEGO scene.

Your close-up photos show all the wonderful details.

Great work, thanks for sharing this with us... I look forward to your next.

Andy D

Impressive work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like how you made the roof :wink: