Shadows

Aperture Academy Mafia School: Confirmation - Players Only

apertureacademy_day00.png

apertureacademy3.png

Congratulations, [subject name here], you must be the pride of [subject hometown here], you have

successfully applied for admission to the exclusive Aperture Academy, where learning is fun and

rarely has deadly consequences.

Here you will see a digitally created example of what your yearbook page may look like, assuming

that all of you survive successfully complete your education here.

8511459017_4a41829cf8_b.jpg

The Class of 1984

You will notice that you have been given new names in keeping with the double blind testing

procedures followed at this facility. As a matter of fact, you have not yet been formally notified of

the identities you will be assuming, but here is a list of successful applicants.

The Class of 1984 (Updated)

Bob

wedge09

Kristel

badboytje88

Hamerstein NWC

nabii debricker

Tamamono

Fred Daniel Yam

Brickington

mostlytechnic

esurient

saberwing40k Jedi Master Brick

PsyKater

-obelix-

jamesn

purpearljelllyblob

clanure

LegoDad

gazumpty efullner Antonio

Mencot

Tohst

Captain Nemo

If your name appears on this list, you will have already received a letter in the mail to notify you

of your acceptance, and need to take a moment to check in here.

A lesson on rules and how they apply to you follows this post.

(Signed)

Aperture Academy Administration

8521069678_1bb79b6e65_b.jpg

8519240761_3832bf71c6_c.jpg

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Academy (town) or Black Mesa (scum). To win the game, the Academy must vote or kill off all Black Mesa, while Black Mesa needs to outnumber the Academy. Each character was given a sort of “bare-bones” character description as well. Feel free to expand on your character, to roleplay and truly become them.
  2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.
  3. You must vote in every day thread.
  4. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).
  5. The alignment of expelled (lynched) players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  7. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.
  8. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  10. Don't edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.
  13. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the hosts immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

apertureacademy3.png

Confirmation and questions may now begin and will last for a period of 24 hours after which time

you will receive your individual notifications via PM.

(Signed)

I'm special!

And the hosts have been watching to much Psych.

Will I get modkilled if I ask if this is based on Portal?

I guess I'm special too! Let the fun begin!

I'm looking forward to being educated in Aperture Academy's friendly overly competitive and authoritarian learning environment.

I'm not that familiar with Half Life and Portal, but apparently the plots of Half Life 2 and 1984 are similar. Is that why we're the class of 1984?

I'm special, I'm special, got to have some on my good loving! Give it to me! Thanks for picking me!

Lock, stock and Two smoking barrels... Oh yea sorry we were here to learn about science

This gonna be fun, thanks for the acception in to the "program"

Thanks for accepting me. It's play time.

Since we are still waiting for the course to begin, I dare to ask some questions: Will there be free catering during this course? Do we have separate rooms to stay at the "nights"? And what kind of graduation do we get? Do we even have to make a final exam? A written one?

And last but not least? Who am I? Does anyone have a mirror?

apertureacademy3.png

There has been a small delay to replace accepted students who foolishly chose to attend another

unnamed academy across town as well as a few slackers who ultimately didn't live up to our high

standards.

Testing Learning will begin shortly.

(Signed)

Will there be free catering during this course?

You will be baked, then there will be cake. Of course, only the best.

And what kind of graduation do we get? Do we even have to make a final exam? A written one?

Let's see if you make it that far.

And last but not least? Who am I? Does anyone have a mirror?

You'll all be receiving that information when you need it.

Great to see new students being accepted!

Can't wait for it to start! Experimenting is my life!