Sign in to follow this  
hachiroku

Save money for UCS X-Wing or buy the UCS R2D2?

When it comes to things I just can't make my mind up on as I'd equally like both... I'd flip a coin.

Seriously, that's how I'd do it.

I quite like the thought of both...

However, throwing logic into the equation, UCS R2 has been out for almost a year... so would probably get discontinued first, so Id get that one first meaning I have longer to save for the 'UCS' X-Wing.

R2-D2 easily. With the X-Wing, there have been so many other versions of it, that I think it'll always be around in some form. The only reason I would get it is for the UCS ttile, but even then it might just get kept in a box in storage. Meanwhile, you don't see an R2 item like this often.

Definitely 10225 R2-D2, hands down. The other isn't even out yet, and will be available for awhile. I've said this many, many times. The build of 10225 is by far the best I've done in years. It was a great and fun build just seeing him take shape step by step.

I am expecting (hoping) the UCS R2-D2 to be part of this years 25% off May the Forth promotion. So if you can wait a couple more months you might be able to order it get 25% off and get whatever is the free gift for the promo too.

Get the R2-D2. It's a lot better and will be available for less long. If you really want an X-Wing, why not get the 2012 one?

I have the old X-Wing and I'd still wait for the new one, I have R2 too and he's a bit meh...

Only got him as by may the 4th I'd bought everything I wanted.

Get R2-D2. It was my second favorite set released last year (Haunted House was king), and is a helluva fun build.

Of course, as others have pointed out, you might be best to wait for the May 4th Star Wars promotion. Last year they discounted the Imperial Shuttle and Super Star Destroyer for a few days (was either 20 or 25% off each), so there is a good chance that R2 will get similar treatment this year.

The May 4th promotion is the only reason I am holding off on the UCS B-Wing. I want it really bad, but it is so close I will wait to save $40 or so.

And of course I will also get the new UCS (Se)X-Wing that day. :)

Unlikely i will buy the R2-D2, but necessarily buy one of X and save other money for AT-TE and Gunship :)

Edited by inquisitor88

I'd buy R2-D2, it has much better ratio pre piece and in my opinion is more impressive.