Sign in to follow this  
Brickington

Challenge VI: Revenge

The Battle of Cedrica was already well under way. A man in black clothes came on the main road to the great city. He was well armed and went off his horse for it could it some of the grass. He looked at the city from the hill.

8521252987_81ed37e2d0_b.jpg

He noticed that the city was up in flames due to the heavy battle that was occurring He spoke out loud to himself, "So the fun has already started has it? My my, Cedrica you have changed since last time we meant." He noticed the new gate and Victor's tower.

8522379534_5f304ffa5e_z.jpg

The man stayed on the road until he found a little house. There he found a little pond where he could bathe.

8572816200_402a295920_b.jpg

The man yelled to the home, "Do you mind if a weary traveler bathes in your pond?"

8572830018_7416a85311_c.jpg

A very old and weak voice responded, "No, I don't mind, as long as you leave me alone." So the man bathed and then put on his battle armor and load and behold it was Lord Brickington. Just when Brickington was about to get ready to head out, a Mitgardian soldier came up the road. Brickington greeted him, "Hello my good man! What business do you have in this area? I would imagine you would be greatly needed in Cedrica." The Mitgardian soldier responded, "I have orders to clear out every house near Cedrica. Revolword is almost in defeat and we don't want him coming around one of these houses and and hiding." "Well of course" replied Brickington. And with that the Mitgardian soldier headed to the door.

8571756391_1a5e205a01_b.jpg

The Mitagrdian soldier knocked on the door, but with no response. He knocked again and this time the old man responded, "Go away." The Mitgardian soldier said, "I have orders and I'll come in whether ye' like or not." And with that, the Mitgardian soldier opened the door and Brickington heard was the Mitgardian Soldier say, "What the?" Sir Brickington noticed the Mitgardian soldier being pulled in, but the door stayed open. The person inside must have thought Brickington already left. But he didn't. Sir Brickington walked in the building with his sword ready and he could hardly believe his eyes.

8583321833_3c1877e69e_c.jpg

Sir Brickington saw victor, three soldiers, and what looked like a general. The general spoke in a horrifying voice, "So men, we have company. Let's start the show, shall we."

8583340695_9867e1b82b_c.jpg

While all of this was happening, Sir Brickington couldn't help but notice Victor. He was very pale and wrinkly. He looked horrible. Then right before Brickington could do anything the guard who had captured the Mitgardian soldier did a horrible thing.

8583351249_c558a56a64_c.jpg

The hand soldier threw the poor man's face in a magical plate of fire and burned his face. The Mitgardian soldier died right in front of Brickington. Filled with rage, Brickington attacked and easily overcame the three soldiers. Then the general came at Brickington and it was a hard challenge to overcome.

8583359979_6baebdef69_c.jpg

Lord Brickington overcame the general. The general was dying in pain right in front of his leader, Victor. He looked up at Victor and Victor said to him, "You useless piece of junk, you disgrace me." Enraged at Victor's comment, the general threw his sword right into Victor. Both the shocked Victor and the general died almost instantly. When Victor died, a great flash came from him. Victor had died.

8583371177_5cfb5ef5f6_c.jpg

Later on that day, a group of Avalonian soldiers came to the house. Brickington met them and the captain spoke up, "Hello, what might you be doing down these parts, My Lord?" "Look inside the house" Brickington responded. "Also what happened in Cedrica?" Brickington said as a couple of soldiers looked inside the house. The captain responded, "Cedrica was won after a long fought battle. The Hand of Corruption is done with, but Victor is still alive." With that Brickington got on his horse and left. The soldiers that went inside the house came running to the captain and they said, "Victor is dead, Victor is dead! Victor Revolword is dead! It is all over!"

The End...

This is my topic for Challenge Six. I will decide which builds I want to be scored as I move along. But as for know I don't know if I want it scored. The first build itself is heavily based on Sirens-of-Titans' awesome build of Cedrica. Comments are appreciated! I will update this post after I finish each build.

Edited by Brickington

Nice story andn fig, Brickington :thumbup: .

I like how you stuck the spear in the cape, and the city loks good too. :sweet:

The apparent distance makes it look right.

Just one question, where are the besiegers?

I guess their already inside?

Very nice over-the-shoulder presentation there! Good forced perspective on the hill also. Can't wait to see the rest of your story.

Nice story andn fig, Brickington :thumbup: .

I like how you stuck the spear in the cape, and the city loks good too. :sweet:

The apparent distance makes it look right.

Just one question, where are the besiegers?

I guess their already inside?

Thanks! And yes the besiegers are already inside the city. :wink:

Very nice over-the-shoulder presentation there! Good forced perspective on the hill also. Can't wait to see the rest of your story.

Thanks!

Love the micro and the fp worked out great, although it could be a bit better by replacing the 5x6 leaves by smaller foilage!

That micro is great! Some nice details for sure! I have to agree with Ecc about the large leaves. And shouldn´t the main road to Cedrica be larger than just four studs? :wink:

Love the micro and the fp worked out great, although it could be a bit better by replacing the 5x6 leaves by smaller foilage!

Thanks, you are right about the foliage.

That micro is great! Some nice details for sure! I have to agree with Ecc about the large leaves. And shouldn´t the main road to Cedrica be larger than just four studs? :wink:

Thanks, you are right about the four studs. As I said, I based this of Sirens-of-Titans' moc which had 4-5 studs. :wink:

Don't mean to double post, but my second build is up and running on the first post. I know it's not one of my better ones, but I did it in the middle of sorting all of my LEGO. :grin:

Interesting, I think I see where this is going :wink:

The house could use some gables to cover up the gaps, but the stairs to the door look great and your landscaping is getting better :thumbup:

Interesting, I think I see where this is going :wink:

The house could use some gables to cover up the gaps, but the stairs to the door look great and your landscaping is getting better :thumbup:

Well apparently the old farmer can't afford to fix the gaps. :laugh:

The last build is up and running! Although I am not 100% satisfied, I am glad I finally got them all done. :classic:

Poor, poor generic soldier #3, hehe.

What happened to picture three? I see it with its saturation skewed.

Poor, poor generic soldier #3, hehe.

What happened to picture three? I see it with its saturation skewed.

Nothing really, I just thought it looked better that way. :blush:

Cool fight scene :thumbup: There are a couple typos in your story that you might want to revise though:

"He looked at the hill (city) from the city (hill)"

"As lond (long) as you leave me alone"

"What busy (business) do you have in this area?"

"... Brickington heard was (take out was) the Mitgardian soldier say..."

"... he could (hardly) believe his eyes..."

"... threw his sword right in (into) Victor

"Brickington meant (met) them..."

"The Hand of Corruption is done with, but Victor is still dead (alive)

Not trying to be mean, I just think you should correct those so your story is clearer. That way you will make more points :classic:

Your building skills keep improving!! Great to see that you pay attention to tips from other builders when you build. And that poor soldier!

These MOCs are really nice. I especially like the interiors and the minifig posing!

I don't agree with you however on the oversaturated photos, I think the ones with normal saturation look better.

These MOCs are really nice. I especially like the interiors and the minifig posing!

I don't agree with you however on the oversaturated photos, I think the ones with normal saturation look better.

Then I'll see if I can get a normal pic up. Right now I have lots of Midterms, so tomorrow is when I'll have a chance to do so. :wink:

It's a really great entry of you! You did an excellent job on the presentation and an original storie!

Great job on the forced perspective on the first photo! I know how difficult it is to frame it out, and you did a great job with it :thumbup:

It's a really great entry of you! You did an excellent job on the presentation and an original storie!

Great job on the forced perspective on the first photo! I know how difficult it is to frame it out, and you did a great job with it :thumbup:

Thanks to both of you! Very kind words! :sweet:

Your microbuild is definately the strongest, and the story is very well organized.

The first picture for the microbuild is also excellent. I love the Brickington being in focus but the castle being unfocused.

Sometimes the colors looked a little harsh, and other times they were spot on. Not sure what was going on there. I like to shoot my photos outside in the shade or on an overcast day with no flash. I find that helps get the colors to look as they should. When you shoot with the flash off the pictures tend to come out of focus ans smear when you press the button on the camera. I find you can overcome this by setting the camera to be on a timer so pressing the button on the camera doesn't cause it to move a bunch while you are snapping the shots.

Just a few little tricks to try out!

I really like the force perspective shot in the first image and you outdoor scene. More of that and I'm sure you'll evolve into one more first class builders this GoH project has brought forward so far!