Sign in to follow this  
Eurolock

Elven archer - simple custom helmet

Had a spare Haldir that I wanted to use as an Elven archer. Helmet was made by cutting the horns of a Loki helmet and re-attaching the tip of one horn to the front of the helmet.

I think it looks pretty good. Need to tidy it up a bit though.

Ideally the hair should hang out the back but there is no way i'm chopping up an elven hairpiece.

8522180648_0b18a47378.jpg

image by Eurolock, on Flickr

8522180676_cb80f3bf35.jpg

image by Eurolock, on Flickr

That looks really good. I just couldn't bring myself to dismantling the parts though.....

I suppose that drops me into the "purist" category....

Elven archers does not have red capes in lotr.

True. Weren't their outfits blue and gold? Nice reuse of the Loki helmet.

I still don't like the film version of the battle of the Hornberg. There should be no Elves present, except for Legolas.:)

I thought based on images i checked that the outfits were red and gold. Agree that the red cape isn't accurate though...i was more focussed on getting a rough approximation of the helmet...

Normally i wouldn't even consider chopping up Lego but I made an exception in this case since I've all but given up hope of an official version of an elven archer.....and it looks strange with Haldir at Helm's deep on his own.

I know it's not totally accurate, but it still looks pretty good!

Edited by Kayne

I like it. I had the same idea using haldir as a generic archer, however I ordered elven helmets from Brickforge. For swordsman I used the Legolas Greenleaf minfig with a green cape, elven helm and elven sword.

In my opinion, it would even be worth cutting up an elven hairpiece for this guy but I don't see why you couldn't just cut up another long-haired piece since the ears aren't showing. I think I would try this in dark brown. Great modification though.

In my opinion, it would even be worth cutting up an elven hairpiece for this guy but I don't see why you couldn't just cut up another long-haired piece since the ears aren't showing. I think I would try this in dark brown. Great modification though.

Interesting.....the question is would my kids notice if I gave their celtic warrior a hair-cut?

Interesting.....the question is would my kids notice if I gave their celtic warrior a hair-cut?

you could also buy a spare on bricklink, then i would go for the color: tan.

i think i will pick up a few of those helmets and a few of the hair pieces myself to, because i realy like your idea. (ofcourse all credits go to you, for it is your design)

Claus