ER0L

MOC: Police Interceptor 2013 (7w)

Hi all,

at the end of 2011 there was the first Police Interceptor, and there was a second one in 2012, which was derived from the Tumbler. Now I thought it might be a nice tradition to build one Police Interceptor each year. The PI 2013 is derived from the Chevy Impala, see http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=78902:

8509113647_27ff51a8c9_z.jpg

It fits 2 cops (with caps) at the front and one suspect at the rear. At first I thought the new cop caps wouldn't fit, but then I modified the roof a little and now they fit, although the cops do not sit fully straight, but for me it's okay:

8512739630_fc00298607_z.jpg

8512834244_862f921ea3_z.jpg

Here you can see it in action. The street needs some traffic stuff, and I'd rather have brickbuilt motorbikes, but well ...

8515752774_d6601f9bd8_z.jpg

Thanks for looking, c&c welcome as usual.

Car 54.....where are you ? :laugh:

AWESOME classic wide body police cruiser......though in that last shot the bikes looked a little too modern with those 60's looking cars. :blush:

Keep up the AWESOME work 'ER0L' and Brick On Police On ! :grin: :grin:

Car 54.....where are you ? :laugh:

AWESOME classic wide body police cruiser......though in that last shot the bikes looked a little too modern with those 60's looking cars. :blush:

Keep up the AWESOME work 'ER0L' and Brick On Police On ! :grin: :grin:

Thanks a lot LT, glad you like it. Hopefully you remember it was you back in the days who suggested to turn a rather ugly family car into a muscle car - which became the first PI. You're absolutely right concerning the bikes. It's just to get a certain impression and to test dimensions and proportions, e.g. the height of a bike compared to the height of a vehicle. It seems to be very difficult to design stable brick-built motorbikes that fit a fig, maybe that nice Harley fairing would work but I don't own one of them yet ...

:) nice looking cop car

Thank you!

I think the Blues Brothers went thataway ======>

:wink:

I think the Blues Brothers went thataway ======>

My first thoughts also. That's a great MOC you've created - Jake and Elwood would be proud!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

My first thoughts also. That's a great MOC you've created - Jake and Elwood would be proud!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thank you! Well, I talked to Jake and Elwood about this, and they really like it, but they rather keep their old Bluesmobile:

7618036730_54312dace0_z.jpg

Probably the new one would look better, but they prefer the openable doors so they can enter the car by themselves. That's why I won't build another Bluesmobile. Makes no sense if they refuse to use it :wink:

...That's why I won't build another Bluesmobile. Makes no sense if they refuse to use it :wink:

Perhaps if you were dressed as a Nun with a cane? :classic:

I hadn't seen your Bluesmobile before... It's excellant. You've really got a knack for the vehicular MOCs

Perhaps if you were dressed as a Nun with a cane? :classic:

No, they won't listen anyway ... But if there was a minifig nun - are there minifig nuns btw.? Guess I've never seen something like it ...

I hadn't seen your Bluesmobile before... It's excellant. You've really got a knack for the vehicular MOCs

Thanks, maybe it's because I build hardly anything but cars ... :wink:

brings back memories, my wife learned to drive in her dad's '63 impala.

I guess that's a nice car to learn driving, since if you master a landyacht like this you may drive anything ...

Another fantastic car MOC Erol. I just built a copy of your vintage speedster from here http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/337400

A very clever design that looks fantastic. Hopefully I will get round to making a copy of your Impala one day aswell! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot Missing Brick! Glad to hear you built the speedster, this is the biggest compliment you can get as a builder. :classic: Looking forward to your Impala!

Great Interceptor. You really inspired me to do American car from the 60's or 70's. Good job.

Hola!

Thanks a lot Missing Brick! Glad to hear you built the speedster, this is the biggest compliment you can get as a builder. :classic:

Does "I can't figure out how to copy your amazing vehicles" rate on the compliment-o-meter? Another awesome vehicle, perfect scale and execution.

EvMan

This is really sleek and stylish, and has earned to be

See it on Classic-Town.net

Brilliant use of the binoculars

Thanks a lot Jareth!

Great Interceptor. You really inspired me to do American car from the 60's or 70's. Good job.

Many thanks solta. Looking forward to it! :thumbup:

Hola! Does "I can't figure out how to copy your amazing vehicles" rate on the compliment-o-meter? Another awesome vehicle, perfect scale and execution.

Thanks a lot EvMan, it does rate just as high. :wink: Glad you like it!

Terrific car, especially fun that it fits more than one person..!

Many thanks TenorPenny, this was my aim from the first vehicle on ...

This is really sleek and stylish, and has earned to be

See it on Classic-Town.net

Thanks a lot for the blog Cecilie! :classic: Guess it's the first time I'm blogged on Classic Town.

Beautiful classic police car! :thumbup:

Glad you like it LT12V!

Beautiful work here....love the classic lines and details!

Many thanks gazumpty!