Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Conclusion

Diane (Passenger) - Played by TrumpetKing67

You were seriously suspected as well and if I was playing I probably would have voted for you. You still made it out alive, which is surprising because I expected Rufus to kill you several times.

Several times? I would gladly have killed him over and over again but I wasn't allowed to, remember? :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Thanks for the feedback. I had actually (I think) gotten the trust of Rufus, which I think is how I managed to survive.

You had a habit of PMing me early in the night phase, which made me suspicious that you were fishing prior to sending in a night action target. But you'd been 'confirmed' by TPRU, and I (and others) figured you were just keen to be involved.

Timothy (Passenger) - Played by Palathadric

Rufus killed you because you defended a scum member. That's about it not much else can be said.

I seriously screwed myself over pushing for the lynch of Badboy and Nightshroud. Odd thing was that by the end I did think Peanuts was scum, but I thought Badboy and Nightshroud would make a better lynch, but I rest my case. :sadnew:

That was a factor, yes. But the main reason was this post, from day two:

If the theory that Alice is scum is true, then it makes perfect sense that she would vote for Mary over Jordan, because at the time the heat was on Jordan and I think Alice, if she is scum, would’ve known that Jordan was the one who would be lynched at the end of the day, so she made a vote for Mary instead of someone who would be confirmed as a townie (Jordan). Just saying, it’s possible.

>snip<

At the time, this meant nothing, but in retrospect and looking at the voting record ....

Jordan / Tamamono: 13 (Hinckley, Waterbrick Down, Scubacarrot, TrumpetKing67, Piratedave84, CorneliusMurdock, Sandy, Peanuts, Dannylonglegs, Palathadric, CallMePie, Nightshroud99, def)

Pity you weren't actually scum. :blush:

Several times? I would gladly have killed him over and over again but I wasn't allowed to, remember? :hmpf_bad::laugh:

What??? :tongue: Too afraid to kill your mommy? :tongue::grin:

But seriously, what? Why weren't you allowed to? It seems like a joke, but maybe it sort of wasn't.

As for PMing you, I was mostly just trying to set up a town block. I knew there was something very, very off when I saw you and def using PM at a exact same time, so I actually thought you were either the day investigator or the other neutral. :blush:

As for PMing you, I was mostly just trying to set up a town block. I knew there was something very, very off when I saw you and def using PM at a exact same time, so I actually thought you were either the day investigator or the other neutral. :blush:

You should be careful about reading into that. I PM'ed with half the players out there, and wasn't working with most.

I only really made plans with Sandy and TinyPies, and neither of them were Rufus, as it turns out.

I wasn't 100% sure, I did ask both of you if it was coincidental, and Rufus said that he was in contact with you, so I was probably just lucky.

What??? :tongue: Too afraid to kill your mommy? :tongue::grin:

But seriously, what? Why weren't you allowed to? It seems like a joke, but maybe it sort of wasn't.

Phil

Passenger Number: 5982

You’re Phil, a passenger aboard the Pearl. You’re taking this cruise with your parents, George and Diane, and your wife Betty. You pose as a toaster salesman, but in reality you’re actually a spy working for the CIA. You keep this secret from everyone you know to keep your family safe from harm. You’re pissed off though and will do anything to protect your family, even if it means killing others.

You’re innocent. Each night, you’re able to kill another player using your skills you’ve learned in the CIA. You cannot kill a member of your own family.

I knew there was something very, very off when I saw you and def using PM at a exact same time

Just coincidence, as it happened.

If that was your role, you must have known I was telling the truth about mine. Having a restriction that you can't kill members of your 'family' is, well, about as plausible as my role was. I can't think of how that makes any sense as a game role.

Having a pair of lovers from opposing sides, sure, but having three people who you may not perform night actions on, including scum? Maybe this is just a kneejerk reaction, but I don't get it. I would have believed it if you told me though :laugh:

Bob, did you get this from Mafiawiki or somewhere? What was your thinking on that?

I wasn't 100% sure, I did ask both of you if it was coincidental, and Rufus said that he was in contact with you, so I was probably just lucky.

But not so much, since he wasn't the investigator nor the neutral :tongue: Anyway, I never check people's profiles or do stalking. The mods can see who logs in hidden as well, so that is a bad strategy. Plus, during games I log in for thirty seconds between classes at work, meaning that it looks like I'm popping in without posting, but I have a job, so, like, yeah, I won't always post. But people will still accuse for those reasons. The only time it really matters is when someone is getting accused a lot in thread, they read it all, then don't post. That's simply scummy looking.

But, in terms of accusing people based on their activity, please look at the final day of Belleville mafia, where that strategy clearly lost the game, because someone thought I was "in the Portal"... Better to use voting patterns, posts, inconsistencies, Occam's Razor and so on.

That was a factor, yes. But the main reason was this post, from day two:

At the time, this meant nothing, but in retrospect and looking at the voting record ....

Jordan / Tamamono: 13 (Hinckley, Waterbrick Down, Scubacarrot, TrumpetKing67, Piratedave84, CorneliusMurdock, Sandy, Peanuts, Dannylonglegs, Palathadric, CallMePie, Nightshroud99, def)

Pity you weren't actually scum. :blush:

I may be slow, but I still don't get what was scummy about that post. :blush:

And it seems a bit wishful thinking to think that all the scum would vote one after the other. :look:

Sign in to follow this