Sign in to follow this  
slopemodified

What to buy at a Lego store?

Hello there!

I am asking a question about the lego store, so I'm assuming the Buying forum is the right place.

A friend of mine is going to be overseas in the USA and I would like him to pick up something at the Lego store. There are no Lego stores here in Australia. :sad: I am going to ask if he can pick up some parts from the PaB wall, but other than that I don't know what is available. He's not an AFOL, so I would like it to be relatively easy for him to get, and small in size (to save space in his luggage).

Can anyone tell me what is currently available in the Lego stores in the USA? Or perhaps recommend something to get? Is the stock generally the same, or do they vary between stores?

Specifically, he is going to the store at the Galleria Mall in Houston, Texas. Did you happen to visit the Houston store recently? Can you tell me what is available?

Or do you think I should just contact the store directly?

I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

slopemodified

Cant help you with what's in store but this link http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/side/off/55/'>http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/side/off/55/ will give you a rough idea whats in the PAB wall, Hope that's the store your talking about if not here is a link of all stores http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/

As an Aussie I know how you feel about no Official stores here unless you count the Moore education centers here in Melb.

Thanks TanTile! That is the store I was looking for! I did not know about brickbuildr - this is handy information! And it's supplied by the lego fan community? Aren't we a supportive bunch! :thumbup:

I hope that they open a store in Australia, but I think it's going to be a while before it happens. I believe that Lego wants to open a store, but the retailers have blocked it. :damn:

over here in California, they do a build your own minifigures. You build them in pairs of 3 and then buy them for $10. I'm not sure if they do that in Texas, but since it is still in the U.S. It might be available.

If you want your friend to get something small (to save luggage space), he can do the build-a-minifig for you. It should come in a plastic blister-pack that holds 3 minifigs.

Alternatively, get him to fill a small PAB cup for you. The large cup will take up quite some space and not exactly lightweight.

Definitely a PaB cup!

It would be more meaningful and enjoyable, thought if you could do it personally since there is such a large selection.

Sign in to follow this